Wiki Posts
Search

Arabian Airpass & reward ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards
Arabian Airpass & reward ticket?

does anyone know, can I book an Arabian Airpass in conjunction with a reward ticket LON-DXB?

I am guessing the answer is no, you cannot!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:58 am

I've asked the very same question. You're correct, you can't as the value of the international ticket has to be at least 500 USD.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

cheers, the staff at EK didn't seem to know for sure, but I figured it might be the case.
Oh well.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:48 am
Original Poster

seeing as this is the case, can anyone else advise me on whether it is cheaper to book an onward return flight (DXB-AMM-DXB) via Emirates UK before I leave, or to book in Dubai?

I am staying a week in Dxb first and then travelling onwards.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 3:34 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by donnabella
seeing as this is the case, can anyone else advise me on whether it is cheaper to book an onward return flight (DXB-AMM-DXB) via Emirates UK before I leave, or to book in Dubai?

I am staying a week in Dxb first and then travelling onwards.
I'm not sure I understand your question, what is different does it make where the ticket is booked? Or do you mean as an add-on or a separate ticket?

Last edited by Zol; Sep 21, 2012 at 4:57 am
Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:20 am

You don't really have to fly with EK to AMM. You have flydubai, Royal Jordanian, Air Arabia, and Etihad as direct options ex-UAE, and many others with a s/o. I am sure you will manage to get a cheaper fare than EK's usual ~1500AED.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edy4eva
You don't really have to fly with EK to AMM. You have flydubai, Royal Jordanian, Air Arabia, and Etihad as direct options ex-UAE, and many others with a s/o. I am sure you will manage to get a cheaper fare than EK's usual ~1500AED.
cheers, was just thinking of my EK mileage.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zol
I'm not sure I understand your question, what is different does it make where the ticket is booked? Or do you mean as an add-on or a separate ticket?
Yes, as an add on to my LGW-DXB.

as far as I know, prices for the same legs vary when booked from UK or UAE, I wasn't sure where I would be more likely to get the best deal from, here or there?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:51 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by donnabella
Yes, as an add on to my LGW-DXB.

as far as I know, prices for the same legs vary when booked from UK or UAE, I wasn't sure where I would be more likely to get the best deal from, here or there?
Well if you are on a revenue ticket then why don't you get an Arabian Airpass, its your best option. If you are on a reward, then yes doing it from the UK on the same ticket is definitely cheaper.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zol
Well if you are on a revenue ticket then why don't you get an Arabian Airpass, its your best option. If you are on a reward, then yes doing it from the UK on the same ticket is definitely cheaper.

yes on a reward flight, the EK bookings people could not tell me which way was cheapest to book here or there, so will do it here,
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.