Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Changing LBB-DFW-DXB-HYD to LBB-DFW-JFK-DXB-HYD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing LBB-DFW-DXB-HYD to LBB-DFW-JFK-DXB-HYD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Question Changing LBB-DFW-DXB-HYD to LBB-DFW-JFK-DXB-HYD

Hi , I have a confirmed ticket on Emirates with this itinerary for this month-end :

LBB-DFW-DXB-HYD
Lubbock-Dallas-Dubai-Hyderabad,India

But , I want to fly this route now :
LBB-DFW-JFK-DXB-HYD
Lubbock-Dallas-JFK Newyork-Dubai-Hyderabad

I wanted to fly from Dallas to JFK and then onto Dubai and further as I wanted to fly on the A380 but when I had made the booking about a week back [ with the travel agent] ,the A380 from JFK was sold out. I was checking the EK website today and there is availability on the JFK-DXB route on the A380 flight at 11pm.

I dont mind flying from DFW - JFK and then connecting onto EK even though it is an extra flight. I love the A380 especially as it has wireless internet access. And have never been on A380 as I usually fly out of Dallas or Houston on 770-200. Will Emirates allow me to change this itinerary ? It's OK if the price goes up [not exorbitant though]

How flexible is Emirates towards such changes ? Anyone has any similar experience ? Any advice/suggestions/thoughts ?

Thanks !!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
I checked the cheapest LBB-HYD fare and the routings permitted are as follows

Code:
ROUTING  700 FROM-TO  LBB-AA-DFW-AA-NYC-DXB-HYD*                
             FROM-TO  LBB-AA-DFW-DXB-HYD*                       
             FROM-TO  LBB-AA-DFW-AA-HOU-DXB-HYD*
So LBB-DFW-JFK-DXB-HYD should be completely fine. As long as JFK-DXB is available in the same fare class as you were originally booked DFW-DXB, the fare difference should be $0... with maybe ~$50 in additional taxes. However, you will have to pay the change fee which was USD $400 on the K class ticket I checked. However, a refund is USD $200 so perhaps it is cheaper to get a refund then rebook via JFK?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
I checked the cheapest LBB-HYD fare and the routings permitted are as follows

Code:
ROUTING  700 FROM-TO  LBB-AA-DFW-AA-NYC-DXB-HYD*                
             FROM-TO  LBB-AA-DFW-DXB-HYD*                       
             FROM-TO  LBB-AA-DFW-AA-HOU-DXB-HYD*
So LBB-DFW-JFK-DXB-HYD should be completely fine. As long as JFK-DXB is available in the same fare class as you were originally booked DFW-DXB, the fare difference should be $0... with maybe ~$50 in additional taxes. However, you will have to pay the change fee which was USD $400 on the K class ticket I checked. However, a refund is USD $200 so perhaps it is cheaper to get a refund then rebook via JFK?

Thanks for the response. The EK website today was showing all economy JFK-DXB sold out. Also, would the same schedule be available if the departing airport was MAF [Midland,Texas] ?

I contacted EK for a trip in July regarding this itinerary :
MAF-DFW/IAH-JFK-DXB-HYD

The EK agent said the system only allowed him MAF-DFW and then onto DXB and it would not allow him to ticket MAF-DFW-JFK . About a year back , I flew this routing from JFK and the ticket was issued by EK. So, dont know if the rules changed . But that would be my 1st choice - flying to JFK and then JFK-DXB with EK issuing the ticket . Is this possible ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.