Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Showing Unticketed on Emirates Website

Old Jun 16, 12, 10:28 am
Original Poster

I booked 3 different tickets.

The first is JFK-LHR-DXB-KHI-DXB-LHR-JFK on AA/EK issued on AA stock. This is showing as ticketed on the EK website and I can view the e-ticket [issued by AA.]

The second is YYZ-FRA-DXB-FRA-YYZ on LH/EK issued on LH stock. Again, viewable on EK website.

The final ticket is YYZ-LHR-DXB-LHR-YYZ on AC/EK issued on AC stock. On the EK website this shows as "unticketed" (booked several weeks ago). Will this be a problem? I'm worried that the e-ticket number wasn't properly entered in the booking and I risk having the booking cancelled by EK before departure.

I'm more annoyed because I can't select seats online without an e-ticket number than I am concerned about my booking being cancelled to be honest!

I booked all 3 tickets on Expedia.

Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 12, 10:42 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Why not just call Emirates?
Old Jun 16, 12, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hsk View Post
Why not just call Emirates?
I did and was told to "give it some time."
Old Jul 13, 12, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Gave it time.

Call back. Emirates says expedia needs to issue ticket. Expedia says ticket is issued (they're right... YYZ-LHR has already been flown) but EK says "not our problem" (direct quote) and to deal with expedia becuse they were our agent. I called expedia back and they said deal with emirates and connected me to them! And now emirates says call expedia.

My head is spinning!

I really don't want this to be an issue at the airport where we will likely be denied boarding on an oversold flight.
Old Jul 13, 12, 6:18 am

Get a copy of the ETR.

Show up at the airport a little early on the day of the flight.

In most cases, control of the ETK coupon will be pushed to the Emirates DCS with no issues (this is an independent process to the PNR sync process so should not be affected even if a failure occurred there as it appears it did).

Emirates sees your PNR record for the flights in question. To check you in, they have to associate the PNR record (which is pushed to DCS via the PNL/ADL) with an ETK coupon. If the coupon control has not been pushed, they can request control from the issuing carrier (AC) in this case. It is a simple command and shouldn't take more than 5 seconds. It may however require a supervisor code to make it work. It becomes a lot simpler if you have the ETR record from Air Canada.

Nothing to worry about. Your ticket is issued and you will be able to fly. Only issue is that OLCI and ASR may not be available.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: