Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

May 2012 double miles promo, not getting the miles

Old Jun 7, 2012, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, EK Gold

You may recall there was a double miles promo for first and business class trips that take place in May but are booked in Feb (or was it Mar). I booked three qualifiying segments, but now the double miles are only credited to one of the segments.

When I call Skywards, nobody there has heard of the promo and claim that my miles are correctly credited even if the amount is different from the miles appearing in the booking confirmation. Been spending a lot of time calling and emailing the info to individuals who - contrary to the usual Emirates/Skywards phone people - are less than pleasant to deal with and am getting pretty annoyed by the whole episode.

Is there a secret handshake or something that I need to know to actually get the miles I was supposed to get?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:18 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
You have mail. Or PM rather
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:17 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I'm also struggling with the same issue. The total miles that the website (and manage my booking) told me I should receive have not been credited. I have made several phone calls and also filled out the on line form (twice). Sometimes I get someone on the phone who promises to follow up, but no follow up. I was expecting 81,500 miles from an early May SIN-MEL-AKL round trip in J, but only obtained 73,500.

I made all screen shots of the booking process and manage my booking pages, as I do since the FLEX/SAVER problems of last year.

I think this could be solved if EK had better IT and what was displayed on the website during the booking process was actually what is in the skywards database (or whatever system they use) as miles to be earned.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:59 am

Hi,
have you been able to solve this issue? I have the exact same problem. Have been writing to Emirates months ago and now they claim that the ticket had to be bought in March, not February which I know is definatley not the case. The promo had just been extended until March 31st bookings.
Appreciate your help.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Yes, I solved it by each time they called me back I repeatedly asked for the amount of miles stated on the screen-shot. I told them it wasn't fair to advertise an amount of miles to be earned and then expect people to read through a lot of fine print to discover that they would actually obtain less miles than clearly stated on the booking page (and manage my booking). I think it took about three calls until it was sorted. I also kept submitting a missing mileage claim through the website too. I was polite the whole time, but firm, that they should honor what is stated/promised.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.