Wiki Posts
Search

Silver status check in

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors - Diamond, AA - EXP
Silver status check in

Can silver use the business class check in desks when flying Y? BHX - SIN via DXB of course, later today.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:52 am
y2s

Programs: Skywards Silver, AF Flying Blue Silver, JP Blue Plus
Yes you can.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Smile

Thank you for the super quick reply! At least that's one queue that should be shorter!
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:05 am
y2s

Programs: Skywards Silver, AF Flying Blue Silver, JP Blue Plus
No Problem, You will also benefit from priority boarding and lounge access at gate 122 in DXB.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:53 am

It depends if there is a separate counter for Skywards Elite members. A number of stations have gone the horrid way of combining Online Checkin with Skywards Gold/Silver and thus denying access to the Business Class desks for the Skywards Elites. If there is no separate counter, you can use the Business Class desks, otherwise you must use the designated counter.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by B747-437B
It depends if there is a separate counter for Skywards Elite members. A number of stations have gone the horrid way of combining Online Checkin with Skywards Gold/Silver and thus denying access to the Business Class desks for the Skywards Elites. If there is no separate counter, you can use the Business Class desks, otherwise you must use the designated counter.
I think if someone is travelling from anywhere should have a printout of this page.

http://www.skywards.com/standardpopu...ource=Standard

It clearly says that anywhere except for DXB the elite member can use the business class line.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I think if someone is travelling from anywhere should have a printout of this page.

Do you really think that some security goon in Guangzhou or Istanbul or Accra cares what printout you are carrying? You go where you are told.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

For the record BHX has desks for:
Business and Gold
Online and Silver
Everyone else

Considering it was a full to the brim flight and I turned up 2 hours before departure it was a breeze, no queue at online/silver.

Now sat in the lounge at gate 122 using the slowest Internet connection ever, but the G&T at 8am is going down well!
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold

Do you really think that some security goon in Guangzhou or Istanbul or Accra cares what printout you are carrying? You go where you are told.
Never been to one of those places so can't comment, although I would've give it a little push.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.