(Almost) All miles gone?

Old Jun 1, 12, 1:26 am
Original Poster

(Almost) All miles gone?

I had around 140.000 miles in my account. Flown them mostly in 2011. Expiry sometime in 2014.. (36 months after collecting)

Today, when I got the regular newsletter, it suddenly shows me:

Skywards Miles:
134 (As of 26/05/2012)

Emirates, what the F***? Seriously, did I missed a change bringing down mileage validity to 1 year or some joke like this?

Tried to logon to Skywards, but the login server apparently isn't available..

Whats going on there, EK? Anyone got similar experience? (Website still shows 3 year till the miles go away)

Thanks..

Edit: Finally managed to login on my Skywards account..

All fine online.. why the hell does EK write such stuff in their newsletter? To scare people and make them check their accounts online, creating traffic? What a amateurish company..

Last edited by YuropFlyer; Jun 1, 12 at 1:33 am
Old Jun 1, 12, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
I had around 140.000 miles in my account. Flown them mostly in 2011. Expiry sometime in 2014.. (36 months after collecting)

Today, when I got the regular newsletter, it suddenly shows me:

Skywards Miles:
134 (As of 26/05/2012)

Emirates, what the F***? Seriously, did I missed a change bringing down mileage validity to 1 year or some joke like this?

Tried to logon to Skywards, but the login server apparently isn't available..

Whats going on there, EK? Anyone got similar experience? (Website still shows 3 year till the miles go away)

Thanks..

Edit: Finally managed to login on my Skywards account..

All fine online.. why the hell does EK write such stuff in their newsletter? To scare people and make them check their accounts online, creating traffic? What a amateurish company..
As my son says to me often "Dad, calm the farm, calm the farm..." I have no idea what it means, but I think it is kid talk for relax

There was a database error in yesterdays newsletter, which dropped off the last 3 or so digits, so instead of miles showing 134,000, it showed 134 and then nothing.

Ignore the newsletters. The data feed they are pulling is rarely accurate. Only worry about what your actual Skywards account shows.

Cheers

SIMON
Old Jun 1, 12, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks, that was one hell of a quick response ^ - and yes, now that I'm able to login again, I'm fully convinced Skywards didn't run away with my miles (I was, to be honest, more afraid of some hacking and someone having had used my account to book some flights with it)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: