Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Flex worth it for the date change?

Old May 29, 12, 8:50 am
8o8
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive

Hi, I need to fly HKG-MAN return next month, only thing is I am not sure of the return date and wont know until I am in the UK.

The cost of a saver ticket is 716 and a flex is 900. What would the change fee be on a saver if I do that after I have used the outbound? Every time I click on the ticket rules and conditions it simply doesnt load.

Thanks
Old May 29, 12, 12:48 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by 8o8 View Post
Hi, I need to fly HKG-MAN return next month, only thing is I am not sure of the return date and wont know until I am in the UK.

The cost of a saver ticket is 716 and a flex is 900. What would the change fee be on a saver if I do that after I have used the outbound? Every time I click on the ticket rules and conditions it simply doesnt load.

Thanks
The change fee can vary between tickets but the most common I've experienced is 75. Buying a flex ticket might not help as it might also have the same change fee imposed.

Share your dates and routes and we can check the fare conditions for you.
Old May 29, 12, 6:47 pm
8o8
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive
I managed to get the conditions to load up for one ticket and it had a change fee of $1000HK (about 75) for a flex ticket after departure.

The dates were 9th June HKG-DBX-MAN and the return trip on 29th July. I really like to avoid the connection in BKK, I know its the best one for getting complimentary upgrades based on miles but it adds such a drag to the trip.

Thanks
Old May 30, 12, 12:13 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
The difference between the flex and saver appears to be the timing of the change fee. The flex fee applies after departure whereas the saver fee applies anytime.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: