Search

Miles for Air Mauritius Doc

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards, PIAAwards Plus Diamond, HHonours, SPG, IHG
Miles for Air Mauritius Doc

Hi all,

Planning to fly KHI-MRU on EK in J. My TA says that if I have it ticketed through EK it will cost me USD 2100 RT incl taxes but if I have it ticketed through Air Mauritius with the flights being exactly the same (i.e. operated by EK but ticket issued by Air Mauritius) the cost will be USD 1400 RT incl taxes!

Now for me at least that's a significant difference (at least in % terms) and since the flights are exactly the same there is no comparison really on service or any other front and I'd opt for the cash saving straightaway

My question is will I get skywards miles for this flight ? Last time I did this trip I did not get miles. However, in another thread I read that for tickets issued by AA for flights on EK, saver miles are credited to the Skywards account.

Any information shall be useful.

regards
Old May 29, 2012, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
You should get the miles at the EK saver level (not flex), if I have understood the terms of the Skywards right.
Old May 29, 2012, 6:31 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gandhi
Hi all,

Planning to fly KHI-MRU on EK in J. My TA says that if I have it ticketed through EK it will cost me USD 2100 RT incl taxes but if I have it ticketed through Air Mauritius with the flights being exactly the same (i.e. operated by EK but ticket issued by Air Mauritius) the cost will be USD 1400 RT incl taxes!

Now for me at least that's a significant difference (at least in % terms) and since the flights are exactly the same there is no comparison really on service or any other front and I'd opt for the cash saving straightaway

My question is will I get skywards miles for this flight ? Last time I did this trip I did not get miles. However, in another thread I read that for tickets issued by AA for flights on EK, saver miles are credited to the Skywards account.

Any information shall be useful.

regards
You don't earn tier miles unless you fly EK metal
Old May 29, 2012, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Zol
You don't earn tier miles unless you fly EK metal
OP is flying in on EK metal, but maybe on Air Mauritius code shares.
Old May 29, 2012, 8:08 am
Zol

Originally Posted by holtju2
OP is flying in on EK metal, but maybe on Air Mauritius code shares.
True but either way he wouldn't earn any miles for that matter. MK is not an EK partner airline so no miles !
Old May 29, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Zol
True but either way he wouldn't earn any miles for that matter. MK is not an EK partner airline so no miles !
Won't you earn EK miles when flying EK metal irrespective of the ticketing carrier and/or the codeshare carrier?
Old May 29, 2012, 12:53 pm
Zol

Originally Posted by ung1
Won't you earn EK miles when flying EK metal irrespective of the ticketing carrier and/or the codeshare carrier?
If a partner airline then yes not otherwise. I find it a bit silly that they would do the codeshare but not partner up the miles program.

Where it does get confusing though is an EK ticket operated by another codeshare carrier such as TG or WY because you get miles for that don't you.
Old May 30, 2012, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the replies

Yes well it's EK metal all the way. Only the ticket is issued by MK.

I was just trying to the draw the analogy with the case highlighted in another thread where the verdict was that tix issued by AA for flights on EK received Saver miles.

@Zol, how do you define Partner airline ? From the list of partner airlines on Skywards website, there is neither AA nor MK. So in essence, both have similar status / arrangement with EK and so shouldn't miles crediting policy be the same ?
Old May 30, 2012, 3:24 am
Zol

Originally Posted by Gandhi
Thank you all for the replies

Yes well it's EK metal all the way. Only the ticket is issued by MK.

I was just trying to the draw the analogy with the case highlighted in another thread where the verdict was that tix issued by AA for flights on EK received Saver miles.

@Zol, how do you define Partner airline ? From the list of partner airlines on Skywards website, there is neither AA nor MK. So in essence, both have similar status / arrangement with EK and so shouldn't miles crediting policy be the same ?
Gandhi, I think you and ung1 are correct, my bad. If you fly EK metal, you will earn the miles as a separate PNR is generated for that EK flight thereby creating a sort of independent ticket.
Old May 30, 2012, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Ok well with that in mind I shall book the ticket and update you all whether I receive the miles or not

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.