Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Group 629 million USD profit for 2011-12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 3:28 am
Original Poster

flightinternational.com/

Emirates Group posts a 629 million USD profit for 2011-12. Very good result considering what other airlines are going through.
Old May 10, 2012, 4:11 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
I think YoY they lost right? But then, yes, in comparison with other carriers they did I think well.
Old May 10, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum; Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Emirates Group has many companies under its umbrella, including DNATA, which has ground operations worldwide. I think thats the cash cow (I may be wrong though).
I am curious how much EK has made as an airline.

Whatever the case is, its good news to hear the group is doing well. Helps us as customers to make our experience better, as the airline invests in its hard / soft product.
Old May 10, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: EK Blue
Angry

As an EK employee I can only thank you all for doing your miles.

What I can't agree with is the fact that EY, SQ, CX and by rumour even BA have paid out a profit share! Sad state of affairs my fellow flyertalkers. I know it's you guys who feed me, water me and make the company tick over. So 200m to HH, 200 to Timmy and 200 to Sir Flanagan and 29 spread along the VP's... for the frontline guys like me, Cabin Crew, Pilots, Engineering, Catering, Contact Centres, Cleaners, Guys behind closed doors... Nothing.

The simple message from our chairman reads between the lines:

We got richer, but for you, at least you have a safe job!

I'd rather had 6 weeks and find a new one!
Old May 10, 2012, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by NoGoldAnywhere

What I can't agree with is the fact that EY, SQ, CX and by rumour even BA have paid out a profit share! Sad state of affairs my fellow flyertalkers. I know it's you guys who feed me, water me and make the company tick over. So 200m to HH, 200 to Timmy and 200 to Sir Flanagan and 29 spread along the VP's... for the frontline guys like me, Cabin Crew, Pilots, Engineering, Catering, Contact Centres, Cleaners, Guys behind closed doors... Nothing.

Did Flanagan actually get 200m?

I heard EK (the airline) made a loss as a standalone entity...
Old May 10, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Emirates announced figures for 2011 today. Operating revenue was up 14.9% to AED62.3 billion however profits dropped 72.1% to AED1.5 billion due to a 44.4% increase in fuel prices.
Old May 10, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold

Do you have a source for that? Last year, all EK staff got x weeks bonus, that's how these things normally work.

Also, EK pays a part of its profits to the Dubai Govt (?) and retains a part to bolster its cash reserves. So I'm not sure I believe your statement.
Old May 10, 2012, 8:41 pm

The facts and figures are all here:

http://www.theemiratesgroup.com/engl...al-report.aspx

including the "no bonus" info and the breakdown of dnata and the other groups.
Old May 11, 2012, 12:43 am
Original Poster

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?hpt=ib...s-down-mpg.cnn

A little more on this.
Old May 11, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: EK Blue
Ung1 there is an air of disappointment between us bottom rungs. No source of the big three getting these amounts, but it is really a kick in the teeth. Yes last year was great, but this years scheme was based on last years result. Rant over. The end of the day we have done well and the jobs are still there! So thats it. For me it is hoping to next year. I know from people working for the airlines quoted they all got a "token of appreciation"
Old May 11, 2012, 5:54 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond

These figures are unfounded. Yes the big boys will always be rewarded substantially and its a fact of life in every company that the guys down below doing all the hard work get peanuts buts the corporate world and not unique to EK. Either way, the airline will not distribute all its profits between 3 guys I can assure you of that !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.