Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Why has this never happened on my EK flight? :D

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards

Had to share this video.

Mod, deal with it
Old May 7, 2012, 2:25 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
^
SYD?
Old May 7, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Deffo AKL!
Old May 7, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Recognised Gate 16. http://www.flickr.com/photos/3568135...in/photostream
Old May 7, 2012, 4:29 pm

Typical of the inexperienced 380 crews to let something like that get out of hand. I lost count of the number of safety and procedural violations in that video. Too many people in the bar area, unauthorised decorations being fitted to the roof, etc...

It's all fun until someone gets hurt.
Old May 7, 2012, 4:50 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
That's awesome!

Assuming, of course, that safety precautions were in place. If turbulence was highly unlikely, I don't see an issue. The number of people in there did seem rather high, but it's hard to say from a video.
Old May 7, 2012, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
I'm certain Emirates has missed out an excellent marketing opportunity here.

It would of been really easy to have a live video link of this party broadcasted to all the passengers in Economy class. I'm sure Emirates would see a rise in people buying business class seats ... or the Economy class passengers gatecrashing the party
Old May 7, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by CrunchyCornFlakes

Mod, deal with it
Maybe he was there ?
Old May 7, 2012, 11:59 pm

Wish l was there...looked like a great party. The girls looked pleasing on the eyes.

Why don't l ever get lucky to be on flights with hotties like that?
Old May 8, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum; Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I have always wished / hoped for some eye candy to sit next to me. Would make the flight a bit more interesting. It NEVER happens.
If I do have anyone sit next to me of the opposite sex (hardly is the case in J or F), its always someone EXTREMELY boring or nothing to write home about.
Old May 8, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by torontoflyer
I have always wished / hoped for some eye candy to sit next to me. Would make the flight a bit more interesting. It NEVER happens.
If I do have anyone sit next to me of the opposite sex (hardly is the case in J or F), its always someone EXTREMELY boring or nothing to write home about.
LOL. I was always hoping the same until I got married. On my recent TG BKK-KUL flight in C that I was flying without the wife, I got to my seat and there was this HOT girl seating next to me. Oh if I was still single :P
Old May 8, 2012, 4:11 am

My first ever flight overseas i got to my upperdeck seat on SQ A380 and there was was a lovely piece of eye candy sitting next to me, i think we managed 18 or so singapore slings between us, definatly a good time had by all

Needless to say its never happened again.
Old May 8, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by CrunchyCornFlakes
I'm certain Emirates has missed out an excellent marketing opportunity here.

It would of been really easy to have a live video link of this party broadcasted to all the passengers in Economy class. I'm sure Emirates would see a rise in people buying business class seats ... or the Economy class passengers gatecrashing the party
Has anyone thought that this video might be fake? I mean staged? It could be a clever viral marketing campaign for Emirates. . . I would suspect so.
Old May 8, 2012, 6:04 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by mecabq
Has anyone thought that this video might be fake? I mean staged? It could be a clever viral marketing campaign for Emirates. . . I would suspect so.
I doubt it. It was posted 5 days ago and only had 155,000 views. Which still isnt bad. I'm not sure if it fits with the "Hello Tomorrow" theme. More like, "Hello Today, your place or mine. And how much money do you earn?"
Old May 8, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: AMEX Cent AU, UA Plat, 9W Plat, Amtrak S+, HHonors Slv
Originally Posted by eightblack
I doubt it. It was posted 5 days ago and only had 155,000 views. Which still isnt bad. I'm not sure if it fits with the "Hello Tomorrow" theme. More like, "Hello Today, your place or mine. And how much money do you earn?"
While I'm surprised that it was allowed by the crew to begin with, good job by (seemingly) the purser at the end to bring it under control. Then again, if I was on this jet, I'd want it to be absolutely out of control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.