Emirates Skywards saver awards

Old May 4, 12, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Emirates Skywards saver awards

Hi. I am flying BNE-ZRH on 28th May, returning 25th or 26th June. I have enough points with Emirates for a saver award economy seat and will be traveling with two friends who are happy to fly with either Emirates or Singapore. I also have many points with KrisFlyer that will expire well before the Emirates points. I prefer flying via Dubai but it seems impossible to find a saver award in Economy. I have been waiting to see if any award seats in economy will be released (preferably on EK 435 but EK 433 may be ok too). My friends are now impatient to book -how close to the date are Emirates likely to release seats (if at all) as I can't wait any longer?
Old May 4, 12, 8:39 pm

Welcome to FT!

EK inventory management releases seats fairly close to the departure date. Your best bet is to set up an alert on expertflyer for 'N' inventory. Alternatively, consider booking a paid ticket and upgrading segments with miles if you can fly separately from your friends.

I wouldn't say you should get your hopes too high as that's also peak period at the end of June. Keep a look out for SQ award seats too, as they're much easier to come by! Good luck!
Old May 4, 12, 9:03 pm

Best use for these points are actual upgrades. So Book Y and use them to upgrade to J.
Old May 5, 12, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your help - very true about SQ awards being more readily available - that's why I am in the process of changing over completely to Kris Flyer. Shame, as I have always enjoyed the Emirates flights and service but the FF program is just no longer worthwhile.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: