Wiki Posts
Search

EK Air Frame Delivery Info - 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by NOIR
http://gulfnews.com/business/aviatio...eeks-1.1034492

The tone is getting better regarding the wing crack issue.

Expect some interesting news at either Farnborough, or ILA Berlin.
Yikes.

I must admit, I was travelling on the 383 to DXB from HKG on Saturday and was a little nervous on the 380. Got off to a bad start before take off as the emergency lights came on and the pilot couldn't figure out how to turn them off!! As it was a night flight, they tend to darken the cabins but as the 380 was approaching the runway - the lights just all came on. The plane was at a standstill for 15 mins and then the pilot just decided to go with it on, instead of turning back to the stand.

When it arrived at BKK - they manage to sort it there.

But throughout the flight, the wing issue was on the back of my mind. The only time it got off my mind when I was chatting to this fit FA!

Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:16 pm

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/emira...gh-461843.html

EK will not splash cash at Farnborough.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:35 pm

I don't think we'll see Emirates spend any more on airplanes until late 2012 or early 2013 when the B777-8/9 is announced.

Also appears that 3 A380s will be delivered in September and a further 3 in October according to Tim Clark. The link attached outlines this.

http://gulfnews.com/business/retail/...says-1.1035052

Last edited by CaptainEKAirbus; Jun 12, 2012 at 11:44 pm Reason: A380 deliveries
Old Jun 13, 2012, 1:00 am

Smart, why deal with the wing fix in Dubai when you can have Airbus fix it inhouse before delivery. The quicker Airbus do the final fix, the faster they hand it over to EK, and get final payments.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:00 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond

That's a shame, I was looking forward to attending.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus
Also appears that 3 A380s will be delivered in September and a further 3 in October according to Tim Clark. The link attached outlines this.
Yes, EK will takes 3 A380 delivery in September & another 3 more A380 in October, too. I think it will be good.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards | SQ Krisflyer | VA Velocity | EY Guest | CX AsiaMiles
A6-EGS's first revenue operation was to Singapore (SIN) as UAE/EK 354.

Cabin Config: 8F/42J/310Y

^
Old Jun 14, 2012, 5:35 am

The A380 deployment planning is as follows:

* before the delivery of A6-EDV/W/X during September, EK will upgauge DXB NRT and DXB AMS to A388 on July 01 and August 01 respectively. These aircraft are sourced through the postponement of A380 service on the EK029/030 LHR and the temporary downgauge of the JNB flight.

* the delivery of 3 aircraft in September will cater for the reinstatement of A380 services to JNB on October 01 and the upgauge of the nonstop MEL service on October 06.

* the 3 October deliveries may cater for further A380 upgauges but at the same time, a number of aircraft will at that point be undergoing renewed wing inspections, which may ground at least some capacity.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HB-IWC
* the 3 October deliveries may cater for further A380 upgauges but at the same time, a number of aircraft will at that point be undergoing renewed wing inspections, which may ground at least some capacity.
Do you this mean A6-EDY/Z & A6-EEA will delivery sometime in October. What about others A380 will delivery sometime end of 2012?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:50 am

Programs: EK | DL | BA
Dubai's Emirates eyes new aircraft lease deal

DUBAI | Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:12pm IST

(Reuters) - Dubai's Emirates airline, the largest customer of Airbus' A380 superjumbo, plans to lease aircraft under an arrangement with a financing firm which intends to issue bond-type certificates to fund delivery of the planes.

Doric Nimrod Air Finance Alpha is eyeing a possible issue of dollar-denominated Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificates (EETCs) to finance aircraft to be leased to Emirates.

Goldman Sachs Inc has been mandated by DNA2 to arrange investor meetings ahead of the potential issuance starting in London on June 22 before moving to the United States, according to an announcement from the bank on Tuesday.

Any subsequent transaction, which will be open to qualified institutional investors in the United States, will be subject to market conditions.

An EETC is a financial security used in aircraft finance where the airline gets ownership of the planes on maturity of the certificates. The transactions are similar to a form of secured debt financing like mortgages.

No details on size or tenor of the anticipated issue were available.

Emirates, one of the world's biggest airlines by passenger numbers, will make lease payments to DNA2 to cover the cost of funding, and pay the coupon to certificate holders.

"Anyone who buys the bonds is essentially taking a view on Emirates making the lease payments on time in order for Doric to pay the holders," said a regional banker, declining to be identified.

The airline ordered 90 A380 aircraft in 2010, of which 21 had been delivered by May this year.

Despite a slowdown in 2011 when the company posted a 72 percent drop in net profit, Emirates expects to continue seeking out new routes to sustain its fast pace of growth.

Last week, Emirates, which is unrated, repaid a $550 million Islamic bond, or sukuk, in full at maturity.

(Reporting by Rachna Uppal; Editing by Dinesh Nair and Mark Potter)

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/0...85J0AS20120620
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:02 am

Programs: EK Gold
I dont know if this is the right place, are any of the 2 class lie flat configured planes out of service at the minute?

I've only been checking the BHX route as that is my route of choice but for the last week to ten days, both lunchtime and evening flights have been covered by 3 class configured planes.

I can understand for a couple of days planes are delayed or break down causing a knock on effect, but this has been a contiunuing trend now (I dont know about other routes that are usually covered by 2 class planes) so I just wondered if Emirates are down a couple of planes for servicing or mechanical faults?

Its nice to see the first class configured jets servicing BHX however there is no first class product available on the route so a bit of a waste.

A6-EGO and A6-EGQ have been here over the past couple of days the latest 777 additions to the fleet.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by RichL
I dont know if this is the right place, are any of the 2 class lie flat configured planes out of service at the minute?
A6-EBX hasn't flown since the 15th June. All the others seem to have been flying regularly.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 8:43 pm

While EK's next B77W, A6-EGT is is due delivery any day now, A6-EGU has already rolled out at PAE and will have its first flight soon.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HB-IWC
While EK's next B77W, A6-EGT is is due delivery any day now, A6-EGU has already rolled out at PAE and will have its first flight soon.
Good! EK will gets 3 more A380 to be delivery sometime in November & December. That will have 9 A380 to be delivery in September through December 2012.

The registration number is A6-EDW/X/Y/Z/EEA/EEB/EEC/EED/EEE. Hopefully, they will be next A380 to be delivery sometime in 2013.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:15 am

Programs: EK Gold
Nice to see A6-EGR at BHX on 26/6/12

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.