Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Hotel booking through Emirates.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards, PIAAwards Plus Diamond, HHonours, SPG, IHG

Hello all,

Has anybody ever tried make a hotel booking through emirates.com

I always ignored this option on their website and booked directly through hotel's website. However, for one of my trips I see an excellent price for a hotel and thought I will take it up

However, upon reading the terms and conditions, it says that hotel booking requests are in essence 'requests' and not confirmations. Confirmations will be given later only then the reservation should be considered confirmed.

Also I dont see any cancellation policy for the hotel (non-refundable, flexible etc)

Any experiences to share anyone ? Will be grateful

Thanks and regards
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:56 am
Original Poster

knock knock . . . any one ?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hilton Diamond
OK, I did it!
Hilton Prague 30% (or more - can't remember) less than direct booking.
Worked absolutely fine but no HHonors points and no Exec Floor upgrade although they claimed the floor was fully booked. Actually, I think I did get exec floor ( certainly had lounge access) but no suite which I have had previously as HH Diamond.
When you confirm you get a voucher from an American Tour operator - Tourinco, or something similar.
If the price is good and you can do without the hotel points/benefits then go for it.

PS I think you can't cancel....
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:32 am

I think it depends on the country your visiting. Once I tried to book through them and somehow got redirected to lastminute.co.uk. In this case, it may depend on the operator's terms and conditions.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the inputs

Yes I am getting rates from an American hotel wholesaler called Tourico. I really dont care who gets me the room considering the price I am getting is like 50% cheaper than booking direct and with these kind of savings, I will even forego the chance of earning points / miles etc

Purdey, what I would like to know is did you get a confirmation instantly or did it come later in the email? If later, then how much did you have to wait ?

Also, what makes you say it was non-cancellable ? it's the cancellation terms and conditions I am worried about. If it stays straightforward on the booking that it is non-cancellable, fine I know the risk! But the last thing I want is to chase some company in the US trying to get a refund
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hilton Diamond
It was over a year ago - I don't remember if it came instantly!

The date of the confirmation email is the same as the date it says I made the reservation so I would say it was more or less instant.

Price was around a third off but it also included all taxes etc so savings were higher.

There is a link on the confirmation email to make changes to the booking at emirates.com but I seem to recall that it wasn't cancellable for any cash back but I could be mistaken - I expect the t&c will advise on this as you make the booking.

This is what is revealed by clicking thru the T&C on the confirmation email:

AMENDMENT OR CANCELLATION OF BOOKING

· Your ability to cancel or change a booked travel service, and the required method for doing so, will depend on the terms and conditions applicable to the supply of the service. Fees relating to cancellations or changes of booked travel service are disclosed to you during the booking process and prior to the booking having been concluded and confirmed. It may not be possible to cancel or change some services, or you may have to meet specific requirements first.

· If you would like to cancel or amend your reservation you will need to contact Tourico Holidays directly.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:44 am
Suspended

Land Products Booking Failed

What does that mean?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.