Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Lounge access for Guest in Dubai- For Gold in Y

Old Feb 17, 2012, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK G, EY G and a few others

Hello guys,

Just wanted to check if EK still allows one guest per Gold traveling in Y. I know they used to do it up until early last year, but stopped it as it was getting really crowded in the Lounge.

Heard somewhere there have re started this, but couldn't get any confirmations from their website to this effect.

Just to clarify, I am a Gold Passenger traveling in Y and the guest has no status, but traveling in Y in the same flight.

thanks in advance - any advice really appreciated
Old Feb 17, 2012, 4:59 am

No guests.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK G, EY G and a few others
Thanks B747-437B for your reply. I was also thinking the same; but the 3rd post in this thread - made me think again !!!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ge-access.html
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Originally Posted by B747-437B
No guests.
Well, Freeloaders can get guests into lounges (if they wish).

Consider this scenario. My wife and I travel from time to time to places of our choosing. We spend money on airfares. We don't appreciate airlines that don't allow 1 Guest into their lounges. So we fly (and pay for) other airlines that aren't so stuck up. Note that I am lifetime Star Gold and One-world Gold, so we do have quite a few options.

The point of this little story is that because of EK's stupidity, they are losing thousands of dollars a year, just from little old me.

Pretty intelligent eh?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Budley

Pretty intelligent eh?
Yes.

You may prefer to choose another carrier due to it, but for me, the lounge access rules are a positive as far as I am concerned and helps make EK the airline I choose. Comparing how many people in lounges at EK vs , say, QF on routes I travel on EK consistently is better
Old Feb 18, 2012, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold

Consider this scenario. My wife and I travel from time to time to places of our choosing. We spend money on airfares. We don't appreciate airlines that don't allow 1 Guest into their lounges. So we fly (and pay for) other airlines that aren't so stuck up. Note that I am lifetime Star Gold and One-world Gold, so we do have quite a few options.

The point of this little story is that because of EK's stupidity, they are losing thousands of dollars a year, just from little old me.

Pretty intelligent eh?
It's a question of policy and it's hard to please everyone. I'd rather lounge access was given to Silvers instead of Golds being allowed a guest. Golds in J would like F lounge access but those paying for F don't want 'freeloaders'. If you can find an airline that suits 100% of your needs, then fly it!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 1:42 am

If EK really wanted to protect their premium product, they would eliminate lounge access for Golds and Silvers entirely and restrict it to only F/J passengers. Golds could be given a 10 dirham voucher for the Irish Pub and Silvers a 5 dirham voucher for Burger King.

At the bare minimum, they should restrict access to the two urinals in the Business Class lounge to full fare passengers only. Golds (and guests) should be made to use the squat toilet stalls near the smoking section.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 2:12 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by B747-437B
If EK really wanted to protect their premium product, they would eliminate lounge access for Golds and Silvers entirely and restrict it to only F/J passengers. Golds could be given a 10 dirham voucher for the Irish Pub and Silvers a 5 dirham voucher for Burger King.

At the bare minimum, they should restrict access to the two urinals in the Business Class lounge to full fare passengers only. Golds (and guests) should be made to use the squat toilet stalls near the smoking section.
Poor old smokers in full fare J get the rear end of the deal again and the butt of the jokes ...
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:59 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Pretty intelligent eh?
You seem to still fly EK a lot, despite constantly saying you'll never fly them again

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...4012-limo.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.