Upgrade Seat Availablity

Old Feb 16, 12, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Silver
Upgrade Seat Availablity

Hi all,

i wish to upgrade my seat from Y to J using my miles, i have a saver fare(bought this before we could buy flex ticket online ) My flight is leaving in 42hours time, however i still cant upgrade my seat on the website. Can someone advise when can i upgrade?

Thank you very much
Old Feb 16, 12, 8:48 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Maybe never. If there are only a few seats left in J, then they probably won't release any award seats - as there's a good chance they'll be able to sell them.

If award seats were to become available, it's normally before the 42 hour mark.
Old Feb 16, 12, 9:05 am

I've had an award seat open up on SIN-DXB 18 hours before departure. Keep checking or set up an EF alert - there's always a chance one will open up after they give up hope of selling the seat.
Old Feb 16, 12, 9:30 am

Programs: EK | DL | BA
Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
I've had an award seat open up on SIN-DXB 18 hours before departure. Keep checking or set up an EF alert - there's always a chance one will open up after they give up hope of selling the seat.
Or sometimes, they may just upgrade you to J as has happened to me in SIN a couple of times without the loss of any miles
Old Feb 16, 12, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by mesmerized View Post
Hi all,

i wish to upgrade my seat from Y to J using my miles, i have a saver fare(bought this before we could buy flex ticket online ) My flight is leaving in 42hours time, however i still cant upgrade my seat on the website. Can someone advise when can i upgrade?

Thank you very much
What are the flight details? Loads to MEL at present are very high. Op-ups are a plenty if you hold status and are ticketed in Y.
Old Feb 16, 12, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Silver
opps forgot to add in flt details. Its Ek432 from SIN to BNE on sat at 1530.

Should i give Emirates a call tomorrow to upgrade on the phone? Or if i upgrade at the check in counter,is it the same amount of miles? I cant remember much as usually i get op-up
Old Feb 16, 12, 12:17 pm

You can upgrade at check in or on board for the same amount of miles if there is a J seat available.
Old Feb 16, 12, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
You can upgrade at check in or on board for the same amount of miles if there is a J seat available.
Keep in mind that onboard usually means after take off. I enquired about one on a recent flight and by the time they'd checked and got back to me it was time for take off and I'd already adapted to the Y environment!
Old Feb 17, 12, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
Keep in mind that onboard usually means after take off. I enquired about one on a recent flight and by the time they'd checked and got back to me it was time for take off and I'd already adapted to the Y environment!
I've only done it once - asked on boarding and had to chase them up before being moved upstairs shortly before take off.

Search this Thread