Wiki Posts
Search

Batteries in DXB T3

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium
Batteries in DXB T3

I hunted around in the forum and couldn't find any mention of this, so sorry if this is old news or a repeat. I needed to pick up some AAA batteries today while transiting through DXB T3 and you can not find, apparently there are no batteries for sale due to 'security reasons'. You can find lithium batteries to cameras and such, but alkaline batteries were not for sale and when I enquired I was given the 'security' reason. Seems a bunch of BS to me but then just about everything to do with airline security is these days.

anyway, just FYI incase you were planning on getting your own.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:44 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Thanks for that, I'm currently at JFK awaiting a BA flight, and you reminded me that I needed a battery for my Bose headphones
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:24 am

I was asked last weekend, for the first time I recall, if I had any rechargeable batteries in my hold luggage at check in. This was at BRS. A new one for me.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
I was asked last weekend, for the first time I recall, if I had any rechargeable batteries in my hold luggage at check in. This was at BRS. A new one for me.
? were they checking for lead acid batteries???that has been a no nofor a while.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
? were they checking for lead acid batteries???that has been a no nofor a while.
Never specified - just asked about re-chargeables and I thought it unusual. Wet batteries (sealed or not) I would not expect to carry, but there must be dry ones carried regularly.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:37 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Never specified - just asked about re-chargeables and I thought it unusual. Wet batteries (sealed or not) I would not expect to carry, but there must be dry ones carried regularly.

With the recent news about an exploding electric cigarette I expect to be asked if I have one with me soon because they will probably also find their way onto the banned items list - I must admit to being a little unerved by the news though and may leave mine at home in future!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.