Mis-counting miles

Old Feb 14, 12, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Mis-counting miles

Had an original plan of 4 seats booked on a sector. I called EK in DXB to try and change the return for 2 passengers, but then changed my mind and left everything UNCHANGED. To my surprise when I visited my skywards account page they split the original itinerary and created a new one for the 2 passengers I had a query about. I was told that in order to fulfill the query they had to do that to check the fares.

So now I have 2 bookings of 2 passengers each which are linked.

That is not the problem however. The problem is that on my miles breakdown, its double counting the outbound leg. It's showing Mideast-Europe (west) twice on the NEW reference they created for both passengers, while the other passengers on the ORIGINAL reference are showing the correct miles breakdown.
Is this normal? Called up EK and Skywards in UAE and they both say that all bookings are fine but no idea about why double counting is there. Any idea's?
Old Feb 14, 12, 1:12 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
As in 2 of the passengers have double the miles to be accrued?

I once had a similar issue when the staff made some amendments to my booking. On my itinerary there were 2 outbound legs (MEL - SIN) but on different day. But one of them was just a reservation without a ticket number attached.
That led to my miles breakdown having extra miles. But because the extra segment was on a different day and not ticketed (I wasn't able to fly on it) and I did not get the extra miles.
Old Feb 14, 12, 1:32 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
So if I understand correctly you are unhappy that 2 of the passengers are getting double the miles they are entitled to?
Old Feb 14, 12, 7:04 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by KU104 View Post
Had an original plan of 4 seats booked on a sector. I called EK in DXB to try and change the return for 2 passengers, but then changed my mind and left everything UNCHANGED. To my surprise when I visited my skywards account page they split the original itinerary and created a new one for the 2 passengers I had a query about. I was told that in order to fulfill the query they had to do that to check the fares.

So now I have 2 bookings of 2 passengers each which are linked.

That is not the problem however. The problem is that on my miles breakdown, its double counting the outbound leg. It's showing Mideast-Europe (west) twice on the NEW reference they created for both passengers, while the other passengers on the ORIGINAL reference are showing the correct miles breakdown.
Is this normal? Called up EK and Skywards in UAE and they both say that all bookings are fine but no idea about why double counting is there. Any idea's?

I have seen this as well with a PNR split. Its a bug on the system, unfortunately when you receive your miles you will only get the standard miles.
Old Feb 14, 12, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lsed View Post
As in 2 of the passengers have double the miles to be accrued?

I once had a similar issue when the staff made some amendments to my booking. On my itinerary there were 2 outbound legs (MEL - SIN) but on different day. But one of them was just a reservation without a ticket number attached.
That led to my miles breakdown having extra miles. But because the extra segment was on a different day and not ticketed (I wasn't able to fly on it) and I did not get the extra miles.
Mine are on the same day, thanks for the info though.

Originally Posted by khalid26 View Post
So if I understand correctly you are unhappy that 2 of the passengers are getting double the miles they are entitled to?
Not unhappy at all. Just wondering why this is happening, and I'm the kind of person who doesnt like to take what I don't deserve.

Originally Posted by whimike View Post
I have seen this as well with a PNR split. Its a bug on the system, unfortunately when you receive your miles you will only get the standard miles.
Got it! Thanks that clears it up for me then. Wonder why the staff don't just say that in the first place when asked!
Old Feb 15, 12, 5:27 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by KU104 View Post

Got it! Thanks that clears it up for me then. Wonder why the staff don't just say that in the first place when asked!
Well they're probably clueless as to this aspect. Most people who see potential extra miles will not mention anything about it. Me included.

In fact I wanted to fly the extra reservation. But alas there was no ticket attached to it. Haha

Search this Thread