Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Reward tickets: Calendar showing "saver" availability

Old Feb 6, 12, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier Gold, EK Skywards, DL Skymiles, Priority Club, Hilton Honors Silver

Folks,

I am trying to book a round trip ticket from BLR to JFK in summer. Only a few days have "saver" reward tickets. Instead of browsing from day to day over a span of three months, I wonder if the Emirates website has a calendar feature that shows availability of "saver" tickets. Please help.

One other peculiar pattern is that if a "saver" segment is available from BLR-JFK on the outbound leg of a RT journey starting in BLR, the same "saver" segment on the same day isn't available from BLR-JFK on the inbound leg of a RT journey starting in JFK should I decide to have my sister use my miles. Any thoughts?

On the JFK-DXB sector, the "saver" tickets seem to be available only on the B77W flight and not the A388 flight. Does Emirates release fewer A388 seats for rewards?

Thanks,
-Roger
Old Feb 6, 12, 6:21 pm

They do have a 2 week calendar that shows up when there is availability on some days in the period. Easiest way is to use expertflyer.

The BLR-JFK availability would be completely different from JFK-BLR, so there's no reason prices or availability would be same in both directions as that depends on seasonality etc. Question is who wants to get where, and when.

I think they release more seats on the 380 but because it's a more popular aircraft they get snapped up faster. Also, perhaps there's more revenue tickets being sold on the 380 so they are indeed releasing fewer - but at least in Y they don't treat it as a premium product and withhold inventory.
Old Feb 6, 12, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
Easiest way is to use expertflyer.
I wholeheartedly agree. $100/year is significant cash, but what's it worth to catch a great mileage award? A lot, to me. My recent SFO-DXB trip in the F suite was something of a life experience -- I doubt I'll ever travel in such crazy luxury again. I probably would not have found the award without expertflyer.
Old Feb 6, 12, 9:42 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Aeroplan, Club Carlson Silver, Marriott Silver
+1. I got my upgrade to F DXB-LHR thanks to EF. It has also been helpful in that I could check flights and fares for a friend.
Old Feb 8, 12, 8:53 am

What works for me is I call the local EK office and ask for specific fare classes on a number of days. You can try and give them 4 or 5 dates and how many days you are travelling for and they will provide you with which dates are cheaper.

For example, I want to travel KWI-LHR around 1st of March for 5 nights. Since no "cheaper" fare is available for departure on the 1st but the return on 6th its available. So, I ask the EK staff to push the departure date forward a few days to find the cheap fare both outbound and inbound, and then I would book the return accordingly (So my new dates would be 3rd to 8th for example on a cheaper fare). Works all the time, and its free. Even when its a "flex rewards" fare I always end up taking the cheaper J or F price, and save the miles for upgrades.
Old Aug 21, 12, 5:03 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
They do have a 2 week calendar that shows up when there is availability on some days in the period. Easiest way is to use expertflyer.
Sorry for my naivety, but where do I see this 2 week calendar in the site ?
I am searching for award availability for BKK - HKG for a one week trip in Dec 1st week and I dont find any saver tickets on any leg..

Looking for ..
BKK - HKG -- 1/2nd Dec - 2 Y tickets
HKG - BKK -- 9/10th Dec - 2 Y tickets.

Thanks for the help..
Old Aug 21, 12, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
Sorry for my naivety, but where do I see this 2 week calendar in the site ?
I am searching for award availability for BKK - HKG for a one week trip in Dec 1st week and I dont find any saver tickets on any leg..

Looking for ..
BKK - HKG -- 1/2nd Dec - 2 Y tickets
HKG - BKK -- 9/10th Dec - 2 Y tickets.

Thanks for the help..
If there is no saver availability for the entire two week period, it'll just show flex availability for that particular day. If you want to see what I mean, try different dates to get an idea how it works.
Old Sep 12, 12, 5:10 am

No saver availability even till Aug 2013 !

Was checking saver availability for BKK- HK return till Aug 2013.. checked for Dec, April, July, Aug and seems there is never a saver availability in this route

Any way, we can see the saver availability dates for a route say within a 6 month time frame ?
Old Sep 13, 12, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I'm also a bit disappointed with EK availability. Has it reduced lately? I would think that with the reduction of UA FF, there would be more award seats.
Old Sep 13, 12, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
I'm also a bit disappointed with EK availability. Has it reduced lately? I would think that with the reduction of UA FF, there would be more award seats.
What routes are you referring to? The routes I fly, there's always plenty of availability, barring the odd day or 2. And I even found availability between SIN and JFK the week prior to Xmas in J...
Old Sep 13, 12, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by eightblack View Post
What routes are you referring to? The routes I fly, there's always plenty of availability, barring the odd day or 2. And I even found availability between SIN and JFK the week prior to Xmas in J...
DFW-India in Y.

Last edited by UA Fan; Sep 13, 12 at 1:42 am
Old Sep 13, 12, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
Less availability is one thing but no saver redemption opportunity even 11 months ahead is

Search this Thread