FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Baggage allowance for a gold member (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1311045-baggage-allowance-gold-member.html)

tacommuter Feb 6, 2012 9:53 am

Baggage allowance for a gold member

Hello, everyone. I have just recently moved up to gold status with Emirates and am still relatively new to the carrier. I will be taking a Madrid-Hong Kong trip next weekend and obliged to carry a bunch of business supplies. So, I am for the first time looking carefully at the baggage allowance.

The calculator on the Emirates site indicates an allowance of 46 kg on this route for a gold member. However, I would like clarification on two points:

1) Will that additional 16 kg allowance be applied as well to my partner (only a blue member) traveling with me on the same record? With other carriers, the answer seems to consistently be yes, but I would like to be certain Emirates is not an exception, since they seem to be pretty fierce about excess baggage in general.

2) With the weight system as interpreted by Emirates, does it really not matter how many pieces make up that weight? In other words, could I really check four 10-kg pieces instead of two 23 kg ones?

3) Are there reasonable left luggage facilities at the Dubai airport (and that aren't perpetually full, as is the case with some other airports)?

Thank you very much for any insight into these points.

Zol Feb 6, 2012 10:53 am

Originally Posted by tacommuter (Post 17961731)
Hello, everyone. I have just recently moved up to gold status with Emirates and am still relatively new to the carrier. I will be taking a Madrid-Hong Kong trip next weekend and obliged to carry a bunch of business supplies. So, I am for the first time looking carefully at the baggage allowance.

The calculator on the Emirates site indicates an allowance of 46 kg on this route for a gold member. However, I would like clarification on two points:

1) Will that additional 16 kg allowance be applied as well to my partner (only a blue member) traveling with me on the same record? With other carriers, the answer seems to consistently be yes, but I would like to be certain Emirates is not an exception, since they seem to be pretty fierce about excess baggage in general.

2) With the weight system as interpreted by Emirates, does it really not matter how many pieces make up that weight? In other words, could I really check four 10-kg pieces instead of two 23 kg ones?

3) Are there reasonable left luggage facilities at the Dubai airport (and that aren't perpetually full, as is the case with some other airports)?

Thank you very much for any insight into these points.

1) No it will apply only to you but you will have a combined allowance of 76KG
2) Yes as many as you can carry