Transit/MR experience at NBO

Old Feb 3, 12, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Transit/MR experience at NBO

A few people wanted to find out my experience doing a MR for DXB -> NBO -> DXB, catching the same flight I came on in.

The experience here at NBO is incredibly easy and doing a MR here is a piece of cake.

As soon as I got off the plane there was an EK agent holding a transit sign. I told him I am transiting, and when he asked where to I said DXB. He looked at me cross-eyed for a second, and I explained that I am just getting right back on the same plane.

He told me to go wait in the first class lounge at gate 11, which was about a 100 ft walk, and he would meet me there. He came by, took my credit card since I had to do the ridiculous payment verification and took my inbound boarding pass.

He was back within 5 minutes with both my NBO->DXB boarding pass and my DXB->DFW boarding pass.

Simple as that... I will try CAI in a few weeks and will report on that experience.
Old Feb 3, 12, 10:00 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by whimike View Post

Simple as that... I will try CAI in a few weeks and will report on that experience.
I betcha it's not quite as smooth at CAI
Old Feb 3, 12, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Originally Posted by whimike View Post

I betcha it's not quite as smooth at CAI
Yes, I am expecting it to be a bit more interesting there.
Old Feb 4, 12, 5:59 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Platinum, Qatar Privilege Club Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks very much for this report! I'm going to try the same in NBO now, if another sale opens up.

We are eagerly awaiting your experience in CAI and I hope it goes well!

Search this Thread