New Gold Cards Arrived This Week

Old Feb 1, 12, 7:55 am
Original Poster

New Gold Cards Arrived This Week

Is it me, but is the packaging and contents getting "cheaper" every year? Firstly, I have no idea why EK waste all this money on using DHL to send me a new card and "gift" each year. Regular mail is fine.

The gift was 2 leather luggage tags (EK procurement have obviously sourced these from the lowest cost bidder and if they paid any more than 20 cents for them, someone should be fired), and the Gold booklet was a small 7-page cheaply printed affair. The messaging inside was basically "any answers to questions you may have can be found at the Skywards website".

Even UA do a better job for their 1K customers - and believe me, that's saying something.

I know were just numbers on a database, but sometimes, I'd like to at least think that EK cared
Old Feb 1, 12, 10:51 am

Congrats. I'm still waiting for my 2011 card to show up.
Old Feb 1, 12, 10:56 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
I wont requalify this year.

Lounge access for traveling partner makes Star Gold way more attractive.
Old Feb 1, 12, 8:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Recived my Gold pack yesterday and did not bother to open it until this morning when I saw this thread. I agree with EB's comments in their entirty but I thought that the quality of the box the items come in has improved a lot.
Old Feb 27, 12, 10:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Almost end of Feb and still not received my new card for 2012. Also a few other friends who's year ended in December as well also have not received them yet?!?!

As long as e-gate on the card doesn't go off from March 1-- then not too worried about it!
Old Feb 28, 12, 3:49 am

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Mine arrived in Jan. But not complementary wallet or propeller this time - too much cost cutting I guess. . . .
Old Feb 28, 12, 7:36 pm

Found my silver package on the desk this morning. And I thought all this while that I was iO =|
Old Feb 28, 12, 8:42 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
Found my silver package on the desk this morning. And I thought all this while that I was iO =|
You are - I'm Optimistic!
Old Feb 28, 12, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Actually, you have a special notation on the EK manifests - it is simply PITA!
Old Feb 29, 12, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by eightblack View Post
Actually, you have a special notation on the EK manifests - it is simply PITA!
Yea well why don't I get a personalized membership pack then?
Old Feb 29, 12, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Yea well why don't I get a personalized membership pack then?
It's on it's way...they just haven't worked out how to fit this in a Fedex pack!

Old Feb 29, 12, 6:09 am

LooooL

OT: how much time does it take to get your new Silver card?
Old Feb 29, 12, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by slo.d300 View Post
LooooL

OT: how much time does it take to get your new Silver card?
Looks like it took two months, given that my membership renewal was 1st Jan. Smartly enough, they did send me an email asking to verify my mailing address, which happened to be incorrect in their system.
Old Mar 1, 12, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by yyzlhr View Post
Almost end of Feb and still not received my new card for 2012. Also a few other friends who's year ended in December as well also have not received them yet?!?!

As long as e-gate on the card doesn't go off from March 1-- then not too worried about it!
Came thru T1 yesterday and E-gate is now expired- Was told they epxire the skywards E-gate cards 1 day prior to th expirey of the card.

I rang skywards onn the way home and of course that will yield nothing. Not too pleased and with travel almost every week for next 7-8 weeks I hope this is sorted soon. I know I can pay the 200AED and just get a normal e-gate-- but more the principal of the benefits.

How hard should it be to deliver a card in Dubai when other countries have already got them??? I also did have the email to confirm my address in January.

Rant off--
Old Mar 5, 12, 10:25 pm

Recevied card today-- letter was dated February 1???

In a normal envelope with usual card and plastic tags-- the gift was a $20 discount on emirates high Street.....on a $100 purchase. What a total joke this is becoming!

Search this Thread