EK Global Sale Survey

Old Jan 30, 12, 3:16 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Near Boulder, CO
Posts: 3,454
EK Global Sale Survey

I just received a targeted email, asking me to complete a very brief survey on the recent EK global sale. Obviously, the sale was a great success (some one did tell me the actual revenue increase over same time last year, but I forget what it was).

Questions went something like this:
  1. Were you travelling for business/pleasure?
  2. How did you hear about the sale?
  3. Did you decide to travel just because of the sale or was the trip you booked already planned?
Makes me think that EK are wanting to try and figure out why the campaign was so successful and how to target more people in future.
eightblack is offline  
Old Jan 30, 12, 6:28 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SMF - N. California
Programs: SOUTHWEST A-LIST, HH GOLD, SPG GOLD, AA EXEC PLAT
Posts: 1,951
I got it as well. Not sure if I should reply or not though.
CommittedLurker is offline  
Old Jan 30, 12, 6:29 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Aeroplan, Club Carlson Silver, Marriott Silver
Posts: 858
Did you buy a ticket (or tickets) during the sale?

I made the mistake of buying most of my tickets a few months before, otherwise I could have saved $2000-3000. Oh well.
JTXC is offline  
Old Jan 30, 12, 7:47 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Posts: 952
Got the survey too. If EK keeps doing this sales, I'll definitely fly more on EK!
calvinoeh is offline  
Old Jan 30, 12, 8:35 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SMF - N. California
Programs: SOUTHWEST A-LIST, HH GOLD, SPG GOLD, AA EXEC PLAT
Posts: 1,951
Originally Posted by JTXC View Post
Did you buy a ticket (or tickets) during the sale?
Yes..about US$15k for travel Feb to August (return portion of June outbound).
CommittedLurker is offline  
Old Jan 31, 12, 12:30 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: Skywards, PIAAwards Plus Diamond, HHonours, SPG, IHG
Posts: 144
I think the mail has been sent to anyone who purchased a ticket during the global sale, regardless of the amount spent.

I only bought one ticket worth ~ 600 USD and I too received this email.

A few days ago I received an email from a hotel brand asking me to fill out a form and as a special thanks I will be given 2500 points

No such offer from EK
Gandhi is offline  
Old Jan 31, 12, 2:54 am
  #7  
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 12R/30L
Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,705
Originally Posted by eightblack View Post
Obviously, the sale was a great success (some one did tell me the actual revenue increase over same time last year, but I forget what it was).
120%
Zol is offline  
Old Jan 31, 12, 3:06 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Posts: 24,158
So do you mean an increase of 20%, or really an increase of 120% (which would mean more than double last year's revenue)?
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Jan 31, 12, 7:42 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dubai, UAE
Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Posts: 1,229
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I think the mail has been sent to anyone who purchased a ticket during the global sale, regardless of the amount spent.

I only bought one ticket worth ~ 600 USD and I too received this email.

A few days ago I received an email from a hotel brand asking me to fill out a form and as a special thanks I will be given 2500 points

No such offer from EK
I bought 2 tix in the sale (saved $9k) - no email ...
mrtdxb is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread