Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Idb for canceled flight - Ath - Hkg 2/7

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:30 am
Original Poster

I was ticketed Hkg-Ath-hkg to return on feb 7. Due to an equipment change etc this flight has been canceled. I am rebooked on feb 8th. I contacted them for idb compensation and was told none was due since I was contacted more than 1 day before the change.

http://europa.eu/legislation_summari.../l24173_en.htm

I have read the eu rules and see nothing about this 1 day clause. Should I expect or be entitled to compensation for this change?

Thanks!!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: EK Skywards, BA
Read the full Detail and not the summary

Refer you to

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...04R0261:EN:NOT

Article 5
Section (c)
Subsection (i) or Subsection (ii)

In the extract below I have BOLD marked the phrases applicable.

Extract

Article 5

Cancellation

1. In case of cancellation of a flight, the passengers concerned shall:

(a) be offered assistance by the operating air carrier in accordance with Article 8; and

(b) be offered assistance by the operating air carrier in accordance with Article 9(1)(a) and 9(2), as well as, in event of re-routing when the reasonably expected time of departure of the new flight is at least the day after the departure as it was planned for the cancelled flight, the assistance specified in Article 9(1)(b) and 9(1)(c); and

(c) have the right to compensation by the operating air carrier in accordance with Article 7, unless:

(i) they are informed of the cancellation at least two weeks before the scheduled time of departure; or

(ii) they are informed of the cancellation between two weeks and seven days before the scheduled time of departure and are offered re-routing, allowing them to depart no more than two hours before the scheduled time of departure and to reach their final destination less than four hours after the scheduled time of arrival; or

(iii) they are informed of the cancellation less than seven days before the scheduled time of departure and are offered re-routing, allowing them to depart no more than one hour before the scheduled time of departure and to reach their final destination less than two hours after the scheduled time of arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.