Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Chances of making my DBX connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

I am due to fly into Dubai on EK006 arriving in Dubai at 0845 and connect to EK412 departing at 1015 to SYD. What % chance do you think I have of making this connection? Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:49 pm

Pretty much guaranteed to make your connection.

EK006 very rarely runs significantly late as it runs up against the Heathrow curfew when it does. 90 minutes is a very comfortable connection in Dubai.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I hope you are right - made a mistake booking the outward flight from LHR which is a 777, next flight is an A380.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:03 pm

And EK412 almost always departs later than scheduled because if it did depart on time it would reach SYD during curfew. Coincidently on the 29th it departed 4 hours late, perhaps it went tech?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
IME a lot of people on EK 006 are connecting to SYD. If it's a significant number of people they'll hold the plane.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:48 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
90 minutes is more than enough to clear transit security checks. Use the loo if needed. Buy a bit of booze from duty free and even an early morning drink in the lounge.

You might have to skip a few of the above if you end up getting bussed in to the terminal. (I've been lucky the last few times and no bus!!)
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:37 am

I rattled through DXB last night with a (planned) 85 minute connection.

As it happened though, ATC delay at LHR resulted in a bit of time in holding pattern before touchdown, with EK002 finally arriving @ 45 mins late.

DXB is carnage at this time of the morning, but with a bit of speedwalking and careful selection of x-ray queue at transfer security, i arrived at my gate and joined the last few folk boarding. We then sat on that plane for another 40 mins before leaving for KWI.

I guess that coming through DXB during busy periods, you can be pretty sure that, with so many connections being made, your departing flight will be leaving late.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:45 am

Not a problem at all. I once had a 80min connection and we were running late from MAN..Made my KWI connection but my bags didn't. They were there on the next flight (about 6 hours I believe after I arrived)
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Use the loo if needed.
Always a great idea!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

I am so grateful for all the comments which have helped put my mind at rest. This will be my first Emirates business class experience and I have high hopes. I'll post a trip report when I'm back. All I need now is for the weather to improve in Sydney and I'm sorted!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.