Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Ugh... How backwards can Emirates (and others) be sometimes?

Old Jan 28, 12, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum

I am sitting at the Colombo airport in Sri Lanka right now writing this, needing to vent, and FT seems the perfect place to do so.

I was in BKK earlier today, and took a flight on UL (Sri Lankan Airways) to CMB, then taking EK from CMB to MLE. Only about a 1 hour connecting time, but connections at CMB are very easy, get off of a gate and get right back on at the new gate (assuming you already have a boarding pass).

A day before the flight the person I am traveling with decides he wants to bring a "friend" and put me in charge of booking their flight. When I try to book online I can't pay for the ticket because Emirates requires the credit card to be in the travelers name. So, I call the Emirates "gold desk". I explain that I am on the flight and will be able to show the credit card at the ticket counter, but they say I am not permitted to pay for the ticket. And, not only am I not permitted to pay for it over the phone, when I go to pay for it at an EK office/airport, I can't use a credit card there either, I have to pay with cold hard cash. I explain that my connecting time in CMB is only an hour and asked if I can pay at BKK, and the agent says yes, no problem. (Just to note, I did try to book it on Expedia to get around this problem, but only Y tickets show up on Expedia/Orbitz/Etc..., there are no F or J tickets able to be bought.)

Compare this to UL... I book the flight online for the "friend" from BKK <-> CMB and it allows me to pay with my credit card. At check-in the agent simply asks for my credit card to verify I have it. Done. Boarding passes issued.

So, I make sure I am at BKK 3.5 hours before departure just to make sure that if there are any issues I have plenty of time to deal with them. I head over to the Emirates counter and tell them I need to pay for a ticket I booked on the phone with Emirates. I stand there literally for an hour while the lady types away at her keyboard and makes several calls. At first she says I would need to pay cash in Thai Baht. I said fine, no problem. Then, eventually she says there is nothing she can do, she can't take my money and can't sell me the ticket, that I would need to buy it at CMB. I tell her I don't have time to buy it there as I have a short connection time. She says the time is long enough and I can take care of the payment at the transit desk.

So, I arrive at CMB and make a b-line for the transit desk. I am the first one there and right away tell them what I need to get done. Now, at CMB the transit desk is manned by personnel that represent all the airlines there. I tell them that I have a ticket that is reserved but needs payment. They tap away on a computer and can't find the reservation. I provide them the booking reference, and they want a ticket number. I explain again I don't have a ticket as it needs to be paid for. 15-20 minutes go by and they tell me that I need to go through immigration, exit the arrivals terminal, go to departures, and then go to the Emirates check-in counter to pay. Ummm.... I don't have a visa to go through immigration. Oh, no problem they say, I can buy an "on arrival" visa for $25 by standing in the line over there that is about 15 people deep. I explain that the flight is leaving now in 45 minutes and they say, oh, well, then you won't make your flight. Mind you, we are three people all flying in premium cabin with 2 confirmed paid tickets and one that was confirmed but simply needs payment.

When they realized two of us were in F and one in J, just 30 minutes before departure, they called over and got an Emirates staff to come over. He looked into everything and stated that since I had checked in online I could go board if I wanted to, but the other two will miss the flight, and that in the future I should make sure I am at the transit counter at least 45 minutes before departure. I explain to him that I was there an hour before departure, and he said "oh, well, sorry that you are going to miss your flight, but even if you could pay for the ticket the check-in was now closed and your F/J seats don't even exist anymore as they were given away since the flight was full."

So, now what? I ask the EK guy if they will move us over to a Sri Lankan airways flight that left in 2 hours. He gets on his phone and comes back and says no, EK won't do anything of the sort. That I would have to buy new tickets on Sri Lankan if I wanted to go that route, and that my existing EK tickets would be charged as a "no show".

When Emirates tells you to pay for a ticket at the airport, be vary wary. If they had told me that I had to pay at CMB, and would have to clear immigration to do so, clearly I would never have even bothered booking the ticket. But, the EK agent on the phone told me that I can pay at BKK. When that wasn't going to happen the agent in BKK told me I had to pay in CMB and could do so at the transit desk. Everybody I am talking to at EK is giving me incorrect information that led to this debacle. I just don't understand all these silly rules that are necessary to buy a ticket.

Now... Getting past the issues with EK, trying to buy a ticket on UL was an absolute disaster as well. As soon as I realized I needed to buy new tickets I got on my computer to buy from the UL website. Only premium cabin was available, which was fine, so I go to book 3 tickets. As soon as I try to pay the website tells me there is an error as we are too close to the flight time (it is 9 PM and the flight leaves at 1 AM, there was also a flight at 11:45 PM but it was sold out). So, I head over to the transit counter to see if I can buy a UL ticket (UL staff works the transit counter so was holding out hope). The UL staff there tells me they can't sell me any tickets, that I would need to go through immigration to the departure hall to buy it. Ugh... They confirm that economy is sold out but plenty of business class seats and I should go now to buy them. So, with a very mild win of convincing the airport personnel to waive the requirement to get a visa, I head out of the airport and walk over to the departure area. Finally find the ticket counter, which is a walk up window where you stand outside in this sweltering humid heat.

Anyway, I tell them I need to buy 3 business class tickets on the 1 AM flight to MLE. The lady says that the check-in counter is now open for that flight and that since economy is oversold that she can't sell me any tickets on the flight even though business class has seats. Uh, really?! I tell them that the UL staff at the transit desk sent me out there to buy the tickets and told me the seats were available. She said sorry, I can't sell you the tickets. She then says she can sell me business class tickets on the 7:15 AM flight and when I reach the check-in counter they can change me over to the 1 AM flight, since the business class seats will still be available, but that she can't sell them herself. She tells me they are expecting me at the check-in counter (she called them several times on the phone) and they know what is going on. So, without any other option I buy the 3 tickets (at about a 30% premium over their web prices).

So, with tickets in hand I try to get into the departure hall... but... there is a line of 200+ people out on the curb waiting to get in the terminal, and it is 11:30 PM now. To just get in the terminal you have to go through a security screening, and.... there is no line for premium passengers. So, 30 minutes there goes by. Now, I am in the terminal, but now have to go through an ID check in order to even get to the check-in counter, and that line is 100 people deep with no premium lane. 15 minutes there goes by. I get to the UL business class check-in counter and when it was my turn I explain the situation and the lady there has no idea what I am talking about. As I press my case she finally says there is just 1 seat left in business class and everything else is sold out, and I would need to check at the transit counter later on to see if there are any no-shows.

After passing passport control I get back to the transit counter. I explain what happened to the guy that sent me to buy the tickets in the first place, and he then claims he never told me there were any seats available!!! So, basically this agent told me there are plenty of business class seats available, but I had to exit the airport and re-enter to go buy them. I go to buy them and I am told I need to buy 7 AM tickets, but would have no problem getting them changed to the 1 AM. Then told no way I can get on the 1 AM, but can try at transit. And, and transit the original guy denies he told me there any seats available on the 1 AM flight. When I question him as to why he would tell me to exit the airport to go buy the tickets if he originally told me none were available, he just shrugs. I tell him I will take any seats on the 1 AM whether business or coach. He calls somebody and tells me that I need to come back in 15 minutes to see if any seats are available. I come back, and he still can't tell me, wait 10 more minutes, after a few more calls they tell me the flight is completely full.

To complicate matters even more, one other person (4th traveller) with confirmed tickets missed their flight out of BKK and was put on a later flight from BKK -> CMB. In BKK they were confirmed onto the UL 1 AM CMB -> MLE flight because it was known they would miss the EK flight. So, now that I am realizing I have been duped into going on the 7 AM flight I ask about changing the 4th persons flight from the 1 AM to the 7 AM. And... The transit desk guy tells me that the 7 AM flight is not only completely full, but business class is oversold by 2 seats, so the 4th traveller would need to go on the 1 AM flight.

So, after sending the 4th traveller off on the 1 AM to now wait at MLE for us for 6 hours, the 3 of us are now waiting at CMB for another 6 hours.

I am just thankful that the first night at MLE I "only" booked $400/night rooms instead of the $1,100/night rooms for the following days, since those $400/night pre-paid rooms will go unused. Hopefully once I finally settle into the hotel my current aggravation and lack of sleep will be history.

I have some quick turn-arounds coming up in CAI and NBO over the next few months. I can't wait...
Old Jan 28, 12, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver
My head hurts after that. What a farce!!! Think of the cocktails and blue sea in MLE!!
Old Jan 28, 12, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BERbound View Post
My head hurts after that. What a farce!!! Think of the cocktails and blue sea in MLE!!
That is what is keeping me sane at the moment, the thoughts of what awaits me.

On a positive note, the EK agent has come in to the lounge and checked up on us. While he may not be able to do much, at least they are making an effort to make a presence, for what it is worth.
Old Jan 28, 12, 11:30 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Platinum, Qatar Privilege Club Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by whimike View Post
I have some quick turn-arounds coming up in CAI and NBO over the next few months. I can't wait...
Please let us know how it goes with quick turnaround in Cairo? Will you arrive and depart on the same flight? There is another thread running right now on this issue, and several of us are interested in hearing from someone who has done it.

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 12, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Yes, all of my CAI and NBO leave on the same flight I am arriving. My first NBO turn is in a few days, first CAI in about a month. I will report on it, wish me luck!
Old Jan 30, 12, 5:07 am

Use Paypal

I had the same issue, wanting to book an extra passenger and pay for them - you can do this online using the paypal payment option. It worked fine for me.

Trotski
Old Jan 30, 12, 5:33 am

Programs: Skywards, PIAAwards Plus Diamond, HHonours, SPG, IHG
Red face Paypal on EK Website?

Originally Posted by trotski View Post
I had the same issue, wanting to book an extra passenger and pay for them - you can do this online using the paypal payment option. It worked fine for me.

Trotski

Wait a minute . . . How can you use Paypal to pay on the EK website? I've never seen an option . . .
Old Jan 30, 12, 6:25 am
Original Poster

PayPal is only available for a few countries and I believe the travel can only originate from some specific countries.
Old Jan 30, 12, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Well, I have spent the last 36+ hours in the Maldives and have completely forgotten about the hell I went through to get here. That is, until I logged into FT and read my diatribe!!

Truly a paradise here, but I am cringing at thought of what my bill will look like when I checkout tomorrow. I wandered into a restaurant last night and it ended up being an Indian buffet. Food was great, but somewhat surprised with the $372 bill for 2, we didn't even have any alcohol.
Old Jan 30, 12, 9:42 am

Besides your rants (CMB is special.. luckily, I was there in 2011 without the visa scam for some MR's) - when you spend a lot of money, why in gods name didn't you just buy direct flight tickets from SIN to MLE on SQ? Besides their product better than EK and Sri Lankan, I doubt it would have been much more expensive? And if you treat yourself to a 1100$ hotel and 400$ dinner, then the costs could certainly not have been much more? So, I'm asking again, why not SQ straight?
Old Jan 30, 12, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Exec GGL CCR, Emirates Skywards Platinum
Yes, all of my CAI and NBO leave on the same flight I am arriving. My first NBO turn is in a few days, first CAI in about a month. I will report on it, wish me luck!
NBO turn-around is quick, all you need to do is make your way to the transfer desk which is barely a hundred yards from the gate, get a new boarding pass and go to the 'Duty Free Lounge'. You will pass security at the gate when boarding. I did this 4- 5 times last year and never encountered any difficulty.
Old Jan 30, 12, 10:47 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Had a payment issue for a promo that needed credit cards from a specific bank to get the discount.
So I paid for my friend's ticket online using her name (as in name on credit card) and my credit card details.
Went thru without any issues and my friend flew on the flight with no issues too. I was travelling with her so i could have produced the card if they needed to verify it but they didn't. Probably because that card has the visa SMS verification, so further verification by EK staff was not necessary.

This was for sin - Mel - sin.
Old Jan 31, 12, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Besides your rants (CMB is special.. luckily, I was there in 2011 without the visa scam for some MR's) - when you spend a lot of money, why in gods name didn't you just buy direct flight tickets from SIN to MLE on SQ? Besides their product better than EK and Sri Lankan, I doubt it would have been much more expensive? And if you treat yourself to a 1100$ hotel and 400$ dinner, then the costs could certainly not have been much more? So, I'm asking again, why not SQ straight?
Well, because I wasn't in SIN, I was in BKK.
Old Jan 31, 12, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rk388 View Post
NBO turn-around is quick, all you need to do is make your way to the transfer desk which is barely a hundred yards from the gate, get a new boarding pass and go to the 'Duty Free Lounge'. You will pass security at the gate when boarding. I did this 4- 5 times last year and never encountered any difficulty.
I figured NBO will be easier than CAI as NBO is on the list of countries that EK allows you to check-in online and print e-boarding passes.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Old Jan 31, 12, 2:23 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

asked if I can pay at BKK, and the agent says yes, no problem. (Just to note, I did try to book it on Expedia to get around this problem, but only Y tickets show up on Expedia/Orbitz/Etc..., there are no F or J tickets able to be bought.)
So, I make sure I am at BKK 3.5 hours before departure just to make sure that if there are any issues I have plenty of time to deal with them. I head over to the Emirates counter and tell them I need to pay for a ticket I booked on the phone with Emirates. I stand there literally for an hour while the lady types away at her keyboard and makes several calls. At first she says I would need to pay cash in Thai Baht. I said fine, no problem. Then, eventually she says there is nothing she can do, she can't take my money and can't sell me the ticket, that I would need to buy it at CMB.
But didn't you already know about the SITI restriction from the previous thread?:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...istencies.html

I am guessing this SITI restriction is also in J since you can't book J on Expedia either.
[KVS Availability Tool 6.9.4/Diamond - Sabre: CMB-MLE/EK/AOWLK1/230 USD]
Code:
[Sales Restrictions]
SITI TRANSACTIONS PERMITTED. SOTO/SITO/SOTI
TRANSACTIONS NOT PERMITTED.

[Rule Application & Other Conditions]
NOTE - THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS INFORMATIONAL AND NOT
VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
 NORMAL RETAIL FARES FROM COLOMBO TO AREA 3.
APPLICATION
 AREA
  THESE FARES APPLY
   FROM CMB
   TO SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT/SOUTHEAST ASIA/
   SOUTHWEST PACIFIC.
 CLASS OF SERVICE
  THESE FARES APPLY FOR FIRST/BUSINESS/ECONOMY CLASS
   SERVICE.
 TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION
  THIS RULE GOVERNS ONE-WAY FARES.
  FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE CAN BE USED TO CREATE
   ONE-WAY JOURNEYS.
  THESE FARES MAY NOT BE USED FOR INDIVIDUAL
   INCLUSIVE TOURS AND THESE FARES MAY NOT BE USED
   FOR GROUP INCLUSIVE TOURS.
 CAPACITY LIMITATIONS
  THE CARRIER SHALL LIMIT THE NUMBER OF PASSENGERS
   CARRIED ON ANY ONE FLIGHT AT FARES GOVERNED BY
   THIS RULE AND SUCH FARES WILL NOT NECESSARILY BE
   AVAILABLE ON ALL FLIGHTS. THE NUMBER OF SEATS,
   WHICH THE CARRIER SHALL MAKE AVAILABLE ON A GIVEN
   FLIGHT, WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE CARRIER$S BEST
   JUDGEMENT.
 OTHER CONDITIONS
  --------
  PNR WITH FICTITIOUS TICKET NUMBERS WILL BE SUBJECT
  TO A CHARGE OF USD 50 EQUIVALENT PER PASSENGER.
  -------
  PNR WITH FICTITIOUS NAMES WILL BE SUBJECT TO A
  CHARGE OF USD 50 EQUIVALENT PER PASSENGER.
  -------
  ALL FARES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR WITHDRAWAL
  WITHOUT NOTICE.
  ------
  FARES ARE ONLY GUARANTEED IF AUTO-PRICED AND
  TICKETED IN GDS ON THE SAME DAY.
  --------
  ON SECTORS WHERE FIRST/BUSINESS CABIN IS NOT
  OFFERED AT THE TIME OF BOOKING PASSENGERS WILL BE
  ACCOMMODATED IN THE NEXT LOWER CABIN. NO REFUND
  WILL APPLY.
  -------
  TICKET DEADLINE CONTROL
  THE FARE QUOTE GENERATES A LAST TICKETING DATE
  WHICH MAY DIFFER FROM THE TICKETING DEADLINE
  CONTROL DATE MENTIONED IN THE PNR. THE MOST
  RESTRICTIVE DATE APPLIES.

[Flight Application]
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST BE ON
    ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
        ANY EK FLIGHT
        ANY FZ FLIGHT.

[Advance Reservations/Ticketing]
CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS.
      NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
       EK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY PNR WHERE AN
       ITINERARY DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE BOOKING CLASS
       CODE.
       -----
       EK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHARGE ANY HIGHER
       INTERMEDIATE FARE FAILING WHICH EK MAY CANCEL ANY
       PNR OR INVALIDATE THE REMAINING FLIGHT COUPONS IN
       THE EVENT THE COUPONS ARE NOT USED IN THE SEQUENCE
       PROVIDED IN THE TICKET.
       -----
       IF A PASSENGER FAILS TO TRAVEL ON A SECTOR BOOKED
       EK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE REMAINING EK
       SECTORS.
       -----

[Stopovers]
STOPOVERS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT INTERMEDIATE POINTS.

[Transfers]
UNLIMITED TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT.
FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED ON THE FARE
COMPONENT.
EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE
COMPONENT BETWEEN BKK AND HKG BETWEEN BKK AND MNL
BETWEEN BKK AND KUL BETWEEN BKK AND JKT BETWEEN BKK
AND SIN BETWEEN SIN AND HKG BETWEEN SIN AND MNL
BETWEEN SIN AND KUL BETWEEN SIN AND JKT BETWEEN SIN
AND BKK WITHIN AUSTRALIA.
       UNLIMITED TRANSFERS PERMITTED AS PER THE ATTACHED
       ROUTE MAP.
       --------------
       CLOSING OF THE SURFACE SECTORS AT THE POINT OF
       TURNAROUND IS NOT PERMITTED.
       --------------

[Surcharges]
ORIGINATING MALDIVES -
IF INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT PSGR UNDER 2.
  THERE IS NO FUEL SURCHARGE.
OTHERWISE - ORIGINATING MALDIVES -
  FUEL SURCHARGE OF USD 25.00 PER FARE COMPONENT WILL
  BE ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE.

[Penalties]
FARE RULE
CANCELLATIONS

BEFORE DEPARTURE
    CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR CANCEL/REFUND.

AFTER DEPARTURE
    CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR REFUND.

CHANGES

ANY TIME
    CHANGES PERMITTED FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.

CHANGES/CANCELLATIONS

ANY TIME
    CHARGE LKR 4000 FOR NO-SHOW.
       FAILURE TO OCCUPY A RESERVED SEAT ON ANY SEGMENT
       OF THE ITINERARY WILL RESULT IN ALL SUBSEQUENT
       SEGMENTS OF THE ITINERARY BEING CANCELLED.
       IN SUCH CASES REFUND/REBOOKING WILL INCUR A CHARGE
       OF LKR 4000.
       ----------------
       IN CASE OF NO-SHOW ONLY ONE FEE IS TO BE CHARGED
       I.E. EITHER THE NO-SHOW FEE OR THE REFUND/RE-ISSUE
       /REVALIDATION FEE WHICHEVER IS HIGHER.

GENERAL RULE - APPLY UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
ORIGINATING SRI LANKA -
       CHANGES
       BEFORE DEPARTURE ----
       IN THE EVENT OF VOLUNTARY CHANGES TO ANY FLIGHT
       THE FARES AND CHARGES FOR THE PASSENGER JOURNEY
       SHALL BE RECALCULATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FARES
       AND CHARGES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE ON WHICH THE
       CHANGE IS MADE AND IS REFLECTED ON THE TICKET.
       -THE CHANGE FEE APPLIES PER TRANSACTION IF ANY.
       -THE CHANGE FEE APPLIES PER FARE COMPONENT IF ANY.
        WHEN MORE THAN ONE FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED THE
        HIGHEST PENALTY OF ANY OF THE CHANGED FARE
        COMPONENTS WILL APPLY.
       -PENALTY APPLIES TO ADULT/CHILD AND INFANT
        OCCUPYING A SEAT.
       -WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER.
        A COPY OF A VALID DEATH CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY A
        COMPETENT MEDICAL AUTHORITY IS REQUIRED.
        FAMILY MEMBERS AS DEFINED IN EK CONDITIONS OF
        CARRIAGE OR PASSENGER AIRLINE TARIFF BOOK.
       -SAME DATE/SAME FLIGHT SKYWARDS UPGRADES SHOULD
        NOT BE CHARGED FOR CHANGES.
       -PENALTY FEE APPLIES IN ADDITION TO ANY FARE
        DIFFERENCE CAUSED DUE TO VOLUNTARY CHANGE OF
        RBD/SEASONALITY/DAY OF WEEK OF APPLICATION/
        FLIGHT OR BLACKOUTS.
       -REISSUE/REVALIDATION/REROUTING THROUGH EK OFFICE
        ONLY.
       -REBOOKING MUST BE DONE PRIOR TO THE ORIGINAL
        DEPARTURE.
       -REVALIDATION MUST OCCUR AFTER EVERY CHANGE IN
        BOOKING.
       AFTER DEPARTURE ----
        WHEN MORE THAN ONE FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED THE
        HIGHEST PENALTY OF ANY OF THE CHANGED FARE
        COMPONENTS WILL APPLY.
       -PENALTY APPLIES TO ADULT/CHILD AND INFANT
        OCCUPYING A SEAT.
       -WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER.
        COMPETENT MEDICAL AUTHORITY IS REQUIRED.
        FAMILY MEMBERS AS DEFINED IN EK CONDITIONS OF
        CARRIAGE OR PASSENGER AIRLINE TARIFF BOOK.
       -SAME DATE/SAME FLIGHT SKYWARDS UPGRADES SHOULD
        NOT BE CHARGED FOR CHANGES.
       -PENALTY FEE APPLIES IN ADDITION TO ANY FARE
        DIFFERENCE CAUSED DUE TO VOLUNTARY CHANGE OF
        RBD/SEASONALITY/DAY OF WEEK OF APPLICATION/
        FLIGHT OR BLACKOUTS.
       -REISSUE/REVALIDATION/REROUTING THROUGH EK OFFICE
        ONLY.
       -REBOOKING MUST BE DONE PRIOR TO THE ORIGINAL
        DEPARTURE.
       -REVALIDATION MUST OCCUR AFTER EVERY CHANGE IN
        BOOKING.
       -------------------------------------------------
       UPGRADES - THE BELOW IS ONLY APPLICABLE IF
       CHANGES ARE PERMITTED
       -AT ANY TIME WITHIN TICKET VALIDITY THE FARE CAN
        BE RE-ISSUED TO ANY HIGHER FARE IN THE SAME CABIN
        RECALCULATED FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN AT A CHARGE
        AS APPLICABLE PER CHANGE PROVIDED THE CONDITIONS
        OF THE HIGHER FARE HAVE BEEN MET AND THE
        APPLICABLE DIFFERENCE IN FARE IS COLLECTED.
        CHARGE APPLIES PER PASSENGER. PENALTY DOES NOT
        APPLY TO INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT. IF THE RE-ISSUED
        TICKET IS SUBSEQUENTLY CANCELLED THE ORIGINAL
        PENALTY WILL APPLY.
       -AT ANYTIME WITHIN THE TICKET VALIDITY FARES CAN
        BE UPGRADED TO ANY FARE IN A HIGHER CABIN
        RECALCULATED FROM POINT OF ORIGIN PROVIDED THE
        CONDITIONS OF THE HIGHER CABIN FARE HAVE BEEN
        MET. REISSUE FEE WILL BE WAIVED IN THIS CASE. IF
        THE UPGRADED TICKET IS SUBSEQUENTLY CANCELLED THE
        ORIGINAL PENALTY WILL APPLY.
       -------------------------------------------------
       CANCELLATION BEFORE DEPARTURE -
       1.WHEN COMBINED WITH A NON-REFUNDABLE
         FARE.
         -DEDUCT THE RETURN AMOUNT OF THE NON-REFUNDABLE
          FARE AND
         -THE REFUND PENALTY OF THE REFUNDABLE FARE.
       2.WHEN COMBINED WITH A REFUNDABLE
         FARE.
         -APPLY THE HIGHER OF THE TWO PENALTIES.
       3.PENALITY APPLIES TO ADULT/CHILD AND INFANT
         OCCUPYING A SEAT.
       4.WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER.
         COMPETENT MEDICAL AUTHORITY IS REQUIRED. FAMILY
         MEMBERS AS DEFINED IN EK CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
         OR PASSENGER AIRLINE TARIFF BOOK.
       --------------------------------------------------
       CANCELLATION AFTER DEPARTURE -
         FARE AND IF
         A.THE NON-REFUNDABLE FARE IS USED ON THE
           OUTBOUND FARE COMPONENT
           -DEDUCT THE ONE-WAY FARE IN THE SAME OR
            HIGHER RBD FOR THE ORIGIN DESTINATION PLUS
            REFUND PENALTY OF THE REFUNDABLE FARE.
         B.THE NON-REFUNDABLE FARE IS A PART OF THE
           INBOUND FARE COMPONENT
           -NO REFUND APPLIES.
         FARE
         -DEDUCT THE ONE-WAY FARE IN THE SAME OR HIGHER
          RBD FOR THE FLOWN PORTION.
         -IF TRAVEL ON THE INBOUND FARE COMPONENT HAS
          COMMENCED NO REFUND APPLIES.
       3.PENALITY APPLIES TO ADULT/CHILD AND INFANT
         OCCUPYING A SEAT.
       4.WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER.
         COMPETENT MEDICAL AUTHORITY IS REQUIRED. FAMILY
         MEMBERS AS DEFINED IN EK CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
         OR PASSENGER AIRLINE TARIFF BOOK.
       5.REFUND NOT APPLICABLE ON VOLUNTARY DOWNGRADES.
       6.REFUND IS NOT APPLICABLE ON REMAINING FLIGHT
         COUPONS IF THE TICKET IS UTILIZED OUT OF
         SEQUENCE.
ORIGINATING AREA 3 -
       CHANGES -
       BEFORE DEPARTURE ----
       IN THE EVENT OF VOLUNTARY CHANGES TO ANY FLIGHT
       THE FARES AND CHARGES FOR THE PASSENGER JOURNEY
       SHALL BE RECALCULATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FARES
       AND CHARGES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE ON WHICH THE
       CHANGE IS MADE AND IS REFLECTED ON THE TICKET.
        WHEN MORE THAN ONE FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED
        THE HIGHEST PENALTY OF ANY OF THE CHANGED FARE
        COMPONENTS WILL APPLY.
       AFTER DEPARTURE -----
        WHEN MORE THAN ONE FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED
        THE HIGHEST PENALTY OF ANY OF THE CHANGED FARE
        COMPONENTS WILL APPLY.
       CANCELLATION BEFORE DEPARTURE -
         FARE
         - DEDUCT THE RETURN AMOUNT OF THE NON-REFUNDABLE
           FARE AND
         - THE REFUND PENALTY OF THE REFUNDABLE FARE.
         FARE.
         - APPLY THE HIGHER OF THE TWO PENALTIES.
       CANCELLATION AFTER DEPARTURE -
         FARE AND IF
         A. THE NON-REFUNDABLE FARE IS USED ON THE
            OUTBOUND FARE COMPONENT
            - DEDUCT THE ONE-WAY FARE IN THE SAME OR
              HIGHER RBD FOR THE ORIGIN DESTINATION PLUS
              REFUND PENALTY OF THE REFUNDABLE FARE.
         B. THE NON-REFUNDABLE FARE IS A PART OF THE
            INBOUND FARE COMPONENT
            - NO REFUND APPLIES.
       ------
         FARE
         - DEDUCT THE ONE-WAY FARE IN THE SAME OR HIGHER
           RBD FOR THE FLOWN PORTION.
         - IF TRAVEL ON THE INBOUND FARE COMPONENT HAS
           COMMENCED NO REFUND APPLIES.
       UPGRADES - THE BELOW IS ONLY APPLICABLE IF
       CHANGES ARE PERMITTED
       -AT ANY TIME WITHIN TICKET VALIDITY THE FARE CAN
        BE RE-ISSUED TO ANY HIGHER FARE IN THE SAME CABIN
        RECALCULATED FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN AT A CHARGE
        AS APPLICABLE PER CHANGE PROVIDED THE CONDITIONS
        OF THE HIGHER FARE HAVE BEEN MET AND THE
        APPLICABLE DIFFERENCE IN FARE IS COLLECTED.
        CHARGE APPLIES PER PASSENGER. PENALTY DOES NOT
        APPLY TO INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT. IF THE RE-ISSUED
        TICKET IS SUBSEQUENTLY CANCELLED THE ORIGINAL
        PENALTY WILL APPLY.
       -AT ANYTIME WITHIN THE TICKET VALIDITY FARES CAN
        BE UPGRADED TO ANY FARE IN A HIGHER CABIN
        RECALCULATED FROM POINT OF ORIGIN PROVIDED THE
        CONDITIONS OF THE HIGHER CABIN FARE HAVE BEEN
        MET. REISSUE FEE WILL BE WAIVED IN THIS CASE. IF
        THE UPGRADED TICKET IS SUBSEQUENTLY CANCELLED THE
        ORIGINAL PENALTY WILL APPLY.

[Combinations]
 SINGLE/DOUBLE OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS NOT
 PERMITTED.
END-ON-END
  END-ON-END COMBINATIONS NOT PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL
  FARE COMPONENTS. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED WITH NO
  RESTRICTIONS.
  PROVIDED -
    COMBINATIONS ARE FOR CARRIER EK.
 OTHERWISE
  END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE
  COMPONENTS. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED WITH NO
  RESTRICTIONS. TRAVEL MUST BE VIA THE POINT OF
  COMBINATION.

[HIP/Mileage Exceptions]
THE HIGHER INTERMEDIATE POINT RULE DOES NOT APPLY FOR
CONNECTIONS.
AND - THE HIGHER INTERMEDIATE POINT RULE DOES NOT APPLY
      FOR STOPOVERS.
      NOTE -
       SURCHARGE AND EXCESS MILEAGE CAN BE IGNORED.
       HIGHER INTERMEDIATE POINT RULE DOES NOT APPLY FOR
       STOPOVERS/CONNECTIONS.
       THESE FARES SHOULD NOT BE COMPARED/CHECKED WITH
       THE FOLLOWING-
       - HIGH IMMEDIATE FARE       -HIF-
       - CIRCLE TRIP MINIMUM CHECK -CTM-

[Ticket Endorsement]
THE ORIGINAL AND THE REISSUED TICKET MUST BE ANNOTATED
- NON-END/SKYWARDS FLEX/ - AND - VALID ON EK ONLY - IN
THE ENDORSEMENT BOX.

[Children Discounts]
CNN/ACCOMPANIED CHILD PSGR 2-11 - CHARGE 100 PERCENT
  OF THE FARE.
      TICKETING CODE - BASE FARE CODE PLUS CH.
  MUST BE ACCOMPANIED ON ALL FLIGHTS IN THE SAME
    COMPARTMENT BY ADULT PSGR 18 OR OLDER.
OR - 1ST INF/INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT PSGR UNDER 2 -
       CHARGE 10 PERCENT OF THE FARE.
           TICKETING CODE - BASE FARE CODE PLUS IN.
OR - 2ND INS/INFANT WITH A SEAT PSGR UNDER 2 - CHARGE
       100 PERCENT OF THE FARE.
OR - UNN/UNACCOMPANIED CHILD PSGR 5-11 - CHARGE 100
       PERCENT OF THE FARE.

[Tour Conductor Discounts]
TUR/TOUR CONDUCTOR PSGR - NO DISCOUNT.

[Agent Discounts]
AGT/AGENT PSGR - NO DISCOUNT.

[All Other Discounts]
       NO OTHER DISCOUNTS PERMITTED.

[Eligibility]
NO ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS APPLY.

[Day/Time]
NO DAY/TIME TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

[Seasonality]
NO SEASONAL TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

[Minimum Stay]
NO MINIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS APPLY.

[Maximum Stay]
NO MAXIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS APPLY.

[Blackout Dates]
NO BLACKOUT DATES APPLY.

[Accompanied Travel]
ACCOMPANIED TRAVEL NOT REQUIRED.

[Travel Restrictions]
NO TRAVEL DATE RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

[Miscellaneous Provisions]
NO PROVISIONS APPLY.

[Fare By Rule]
NOT APPLICABLE.

[Groups]
NO GROUP PROVISIONS APPLY.

[Tours]
NO TOUR PROVISIONS APPLY.

[Visit Another Country]
NO VISIT ANOTHER COUNTRY PROVISIONS APPLY.

[Deposits]
NO DEPOSIT PROVISIONS APPLY.

[Voluntary Changes]
ENTER RD*31 OR RD*LINE NUM**31 FOR VOLUNTARY CHGS.

[Voluntary Refunds]
NO VOLUNTARY REFUNDS DATA FOUND.

[Negotiated Fares]
NOT APPLICABLE.

[International Construction]
NOT A CONSTRUCTED FARE

Search this Thread