Are First pax allowed lounge guests?

Old Jan 27, 12, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Are First pax allowed lounge guests?

Hello

Are F passengers allowed lounge guests like on BA? Have two guests travelling with us on the same day but in Economy. It will be the DXB F Lounge. We aren't Skywards Gold.

Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 12, 12:02 pm

No. Even Skywards Gold in First Class are not officially entitled to guests in the First Class lounge - they are asked to move to the Business Class lounge where they can guest people in.
Old Jan 27, 12, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B View Post
No. Even Skywards Gold in First Class are not officially entitled to guests in the First Class lounge - they are asked to move to the Business Class lounge where they can guest people in.
I've been guested into the F lounge at DXB when I was travelling Y and my companion was travelling F. I thought the rules were F pax (Golds) were allowed to guest ONE person, as long as you were on the same flight.
Old Jan 27, 12, 2:38 pm

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by eightblack View Post
I thought the rules were F pax (Golds) were allowed to guest ONE person, as long as you were on the same flight.
That's the way it is...
Old Jan 27, 12, 5:19 pm

I was once able to guest a friend who was flying Y to BEY while I was heading to DAM. The lady first declined, so I said really it's a short meeting plus he didn't have much time left for his flight anyways. She let him through.
Old Jan 27, 12, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by eightblack View Post
I've been guested into the F lounge at DXB when I was travelling Y and my companion was travelling F. I thought the rules were F pax (Golds) were allowed to guest ONE person, as long as you were on the same flight.
I dont think anyone can "guest" someone into any lounge given that guest isnt a verb, but as a Gold member departing on Emirates, I can take one guest into the 1st class lounge ( if Im travelling 1st class ) or into the business class lounge otherwise

I don't think that a 1st class passenger without status can take guests into a lounge
Old Jan 28, 12, 12:15 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
I dont think anyone can "guest" someone into any lounge given that guest isnt a verb, but as a Gold member departing on Emirates, I can take one guest into the 1st class lounge ( if Im travelling 1st class ) or into the business class lounge otherwise

I don't think that a 1st class passenger without status can take guests into a lounge
This is correct and consistent with the signage I recently saw at the DXB F lounge.
Old Jan 28, 12, 3:50 am

I've had two experiences when traveling with my Chairman (both Gold, him in F and me in either Y/J) where we were redirected to the Business Lounge rather than being allowed into the First Lounge if we wanted to sit together.

We are traveling together again in a couple weeks, so will try our luck again.
Old Jan 28, 12, 5:41 am

We are traveling together again in a couple weeks, so will try our luck again.
Print out their Terms and Conditions and show the Lounge Agent if you're refused. It's all down there in black and white.
Old Jan 28, 12, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
Print out their Terms and Conditions and show the Lounge Agent if you're refused. It's all down there in black and white.
Believe me, it's not. The interpretation of T&Cs was where the argument originated.

http://www.skywards.com/Member_Benefits.aspx?SkinID=2

Access to all Emirates and affiliated Business Class lounges. Gold members travelling in Business or First Class can take a companion travelling on the same flight as the member into the lounge. For lounge access in some countries, minors may need to be accompanied by an adult.
This was interpreted by the EK lounge staff that you are entitled to a guest if traveling in First Class, but the guest access is only into the Business Class lounge.
Old Jan 28, 12, 6:11 am

Believe me, it's not. The interpretation of T&Cs was where the argument originated.

This was interpreted by the EK lounge staff that you are entitled to a guest if traveling in First Class, but the guest access is only into the Business Class lounge.
But that is not from the Terms and Conditions. They say:
Gold members travelling in Business or First Class can take a companion travelling on the same flight as the member into the lounge.
Section 6.2 here:
https://www.skywards.com/standardpop...ource=Standard

Admittedly not as specific as it could be, but less ambiguous than the section you quoted.
Old Jan 28, 12, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
Admittedly not as specific as it could be, but less ambiguous than the section you quoted.
Yep, seen it and argued it. The response was that there is no mention of the FIRST CLASS LOUNGE.

The enforcement of this policy is all over the board. I've known people allowed in without any question (our Chairman has guested others in on other occasions) and I also know other folks who have been denied similar to myself.
Old Jan 28, 12, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could this be a case where how you dress for travel makes a difference?
Old Jan 28, 12, 8:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Could this be a case where how you dress for travel makes a difference?
This is B747-437B before his last flight...

Old Jan 28, 12, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
This is B747-437B before his last flight...

Sorry, my baggage was 3-days delayed!

Search this Thread