Equip Change

Old Jan 26, 12, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Equip Change

Hello all! First post here, and would like to also be an active member of the community later on, I hope.

I'm headed out on EK073 in April (F on A380) however, seems to be alot of talk about equipment being changed last minute and it has been occuring recently. I booked this route due to the A380 (I planned this trip mostly on A/C type and class of travel), and not having enough flights on this type!

Question is, it seems that in December it was shifted to a 773 and also on Jan 11th this year, which to me is a huge downgrade. I know equipment changes occur but, is this something expected to re-occur more often on this sector?

Thanks
Old Jan 26, 12, 11:57 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by KU104 View Post
Hello all! First post here, and would like to also be an active member of the community later on, I hope.

I'm headed out on EK073 in April (F on A380) however, seems to be alot of talk about equipment being changed last minute and it has been occuring recently. I booked this route due to the A380 (I planned this trip mostly on A/C type and class of travel), and not having enough flights on this type!

Question is, it seems that in December it was shifted to a 773 and also on Jan 11th this year, which to me is a huge downgrade. I know equipment changes occur but, is this something expected to re-occur more often on this sector?

Thanks
I use the EK tracker on

http://www.theeksource.com to decide on which flight to take.
Old Jan 26, 12, 12:17 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by KU104 View Post

Thanks
The A380's are subject to checks at the moment due to the cracks found in the wings. This is leading to substitutions (as mrtdxb found).

However, this should be finished well before April, so you should be OK.
Old Jan 26, 12, 1:38 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
The A380's are subject to checks at the moment due to the cracks found in the wings. This is leading to substitutions (as mrtdxb found).

In addition, equipment changes do occur but the A380 routes are rarely changed.
Old Jan 26, 12, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ukdoctor View Post
I use the EK tracker on

http://www.theeksource.com to decide on which flight to take.
Yeah, I've used this site as well, but it mostly tells you of scheduled changes.

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post

Thanks, I hope so! I don't want to end up in a Sky-Cruiser seat. I booked my parents with me, and my dad being in the aviation business for 38 year's (happily retired since 2001) , he's excited to try out the A380! Hope EK don't disappoint him.

Originally Posted by khalid26 View Post
In addition, equipment changes do occur but the A380 routes are rarely changed.
I hope so, even if a change does occur I'd prefer the same expected hard product in F, as it is mentioned at time of booking suites in F, so a 77W or 77L is ok. That was a problem in J with EK before (and slightly is still), that you never know if your on a lie-flat or sleeperette.

Thanks all.

Search this Thread