FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Marhaba Lounge in T3 or EK Lounge in T1 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1305407-marhaba-lounge-t3-ek-lounge-t1.html)

birsti Jan 22, 2012 3:51 am

Marhaba Lounge in T3 or EK Lounge in T1

Hey,

I got a 4hr stopover in DXB (arriving and departing from T3) ...

Which lounge would you recommend:

the marhaba Lounge in T3 (closer to my arrival/departure gate) or the EK Lounge in T1?

Only know the EK BIZ Lounge in T3 but since I'm in Y this time...

THX

ung1 Jan 22, 2012 11:35 am

Originally Posted by birsti (Post 17862237)
Hey,

I got a 4hr stopover in DXB (arriving and departing from T3) ...

Which lounge would you recommend:

the marhaba Lounge in T3 (closer to my arrival/departure gate) or the EK Lounge in T1?

Only know the EK BIZ Lounge in T3 but since I'm in Y this time...

THX

Haven't used the marhaba lounge but the food and drink selection certainly won't compare with the EK T1 lounge, which is also a lot bigger.

Zol Jan 22, 2012 11:51 am

I've been in the Marhaba T3 lounge once. Its ok, nothing special. Quite small so you will struggle to get a seat and the facilities mediocre compared to the EK lounges. Has a buffet with food and drinks.

spideysense Jan 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Marhaba lounge sucks.

LovetoTravel83 Jan 22, 2012 8:19 pm

I'd stick to the one in T3, I've been to both and the one in T1 is a zoo, not a single seat. If you have time checkout both.

ft101 Jan 23, 2012 1:51 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 (Post 17867146)
I'd stick to the one in T3, I've been to both and the one in T1 is a zoo, not a single seat. If you have time checkout both.

Are you sure you're thinkiing of the same lounge? The T1 Business Lounge (formerly the Silver Lounge) is often reported as being tranquil with no problem getting a seat. This has certainly been my experience.

LovetoTravel83 Jan 23, 2012 9:30 am

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 17868315)
Are you sure you're thinkiing of the same lounge? The T1 Business Lounge (formerly the Silver Lounge) is often reported as being tranquil with no problem getting a seat. This has certainly been my experience.

Yup your correct. But the OP is talking about the Marhaba lounge and not the business lounge.

ft101 Jan 23, 2012 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 (Post 17870123)
Yup your correct. But the OP is talking about the Marhaba lounge and not the business lounge.

The Topic Title and OP seem to indicate he's comparing Marhaba T3 with EK Business Lounge T1.

The EK T1 Business Lounge in this case is fine, as long as you don't mind the walk.

LovetoTravel83 Jan 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 17871438)
The Topic Title and OP seem to indicate he's comparing Marhaba T3 with EK Business Lounge T1.

The EK T1 Business Lounge in this case is fine, as long as you don't mind the walk.

My bad. What was I drinking?

birsti Jan 23, 2012 3:34 pm

thx for all your input...

guess I will try the T1 EK Biz lounge...and grab some duty free stuff on my way there ;))