Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Trip Report: First Class from Sydney to Auckland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

May I kindly highlight my latest trip report, Emirates First Class from Sydney to Auckland on the A380. It contains details of the shower spa, an overview of the suite and of course, the in-flight bar:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...turn-a380.html

Comments encouraged!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:08 am

Programs: Skywards
Nice report. One question. Is the mini-bar refrigerated?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:04 am

Nope, that's why some of us find it pointless.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:08 am

Programs: EY Plat, EK Plat, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kulguy
Nice report. One question. Is the mini-bar refrigerated?
Nope - TBH its not much of a plus point!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by edy4eva
Nope, that's why some of us find it pointless.
Has anyone seen the FA's replenishing what you have consumed/drunk from the minibar?.I have not seen it happening(I have done only 7 or 8 flights in F and being polite,I have never asked!!!)

Maybe they replenish it in longer flights or do you have to ask each time????
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Before takeoff I close the minibar and never open it again. I have yet to drink something out of it, I usually just call an FA when I want a drink.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Hi Mates,

I hate to ask all of you.

What did you find in the F Minibar???

Is it EK or IC that we are into here???

AJ,OJ,TJ,BLJ or VOSS !!!!!!!

Were u actually in F or J????????

Pls let us know.

We wooooooonder???

Safe Flying

EGT
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

ELITEGOLDTRAVELLER: eh?

Originally Posted by whimike
Before takeoff I close the minibar and never open it again. I have yet to drink something out of it, I usually just call an FA when I want a drink.
I thought that to, but I did use it on the way back. I had the doors closed and wanted some water and didn't want to go through the process of bringing the seat back up to the seated position and then opening doors and waiting for the crew to come and serve me. In that case, I can see some benefit of the mini-bar, but it'd be so much better if it was chilled.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I am posting this from 1K on a DXB -> SIN flight and just stowed my mini-bar, I don't expect to open it during flight.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Has anyone seen the FA's replenishing what you have consumed/drunk from the minibar?.I have not seen it happening(I have done only 7 or 8 flights in F and being polite,I have never asked!!!)

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't at all. It has happened to me but it seems to be one of these EK inconsistencies. Will be flying F tonight. Maybe I should take a video of the replenishing, may it happen, and post on youtube for concrete evidence
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:42 am

Programs: Meow Mix
hi matthandy,

Are we close to getting a glimpse of your return flight in F?

Very keen to see the AKL lounge before my flight next week!

/AE
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by SingaporeJoe
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't at all. It has happened to me but it seems to be one of these EK inconsistencies. Will be flying F tonight. Maybe I should take a video of the replenishing, may it happen, and post on youtube for concrete evidence
You have to ask. I have never seen them do it on their own.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angeloedades
Are we close to getting a glimpse of your return flight in F?
Sorry angelodades, not going to happen until at least Sunday evening now. I leave for Melbourne in about two hours. Not enough time to put it all together. Sorry.

You'll enjoy the lounge though, it's much better than the Sydney lounge in my opinion, although there are limited views of the apron. The food is good, as always and I found the staff to be very friendly, even going around offering top ups at your seat.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Smile

Originally Posted by matthandy
Sorry angelodades, not going to happen until at least Sunday evening now. I leave for Melbourne in about two hours. Not enough time to put it all together. Sorry.

You'll enjoy the lounge though, it's much better than the Sydney lounge in my opinion, although there are limited views of the apron. The food is good, as always and I found the staff to be very friendly, even going around offering top ups at your seat.
Hi matthandy

No problemos! I guess I will find out when I get there but I will take your word for it!

I am currently sleepless and my work performance is suffering due to my excitement of my J flights!

/AE
Old Jan 19, 2012, 3:37 am

Programs: EY Plat, EK Plat, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ukdoctor

From LHR on the A380 in first I was asked shortly before landing if I wanted anything replacing in the mini bar, I said I had only drunk the water and was then given two new bottles.

Although I think this maybe because I has spent about three hours at the bar another couple in the suite drinking champagne and they though I needed some rehydration!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.