Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

How to praise a crew member, after a flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2012, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I've just done a return SYD-AKL trip in First and had a fantastic crew member looking after me on the way out. I'd like to submit my praise to Emirates so that they can pass this on to her and her manager. BA have a 'well done' scheme where passengers can fill in a form online and this is sent to the correct person. I cannot find anything similar on the EK website. Does anyone know the best way to approach this?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by matthandy
I've just done a return SYD-AKL trip in First and had a fantastic crew member looking after me on the way out. I'd like to submit my praise to Emirates so that they can pass this on to her and her manager. BA have a 'well done' scheme where passengers can fill in a form online and this is sent to the correct person. I cannot find anything similar on the EK website. Does anyone know the best way to approach this?
No well done link for EK. Try one of the links in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ime-380-a.html
Old Jan 8, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Qantas FF
I usually fill in the Feedback Form whilst on-board

Hehe it's a bit amusing as you have to ask for these ...

Upon asking the Crew sometimes get anxious that they've messed up and ask Is Everything OK Sir ?

After a few awkward seconds , I say "Dont worry I just want to commend you on your Superb Service"

This gets a Huge Smile of Relief

Depending on when you ask for these, the Crew / Purser later collects the Feedback Form.

This Feedback is then acknowledged by Emirates to your e-mail ( if completed on the form) Any -ve issues are also addressed accordingly .

Here's the email address that usually replies back -> [email protected]

Last edited by EK_Flyer; Jan 8, 2012 at 10:04 pm
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
I would just send an email to [email protected]. The last time I wrote in to praise a crew member, I got an email reply signed by the EK SVP for Customer Affairs and Audit, assuring me that the comments had been relayed to the crew member and their manager.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by EK_Flyer
I usually fill in the Feedback Form whilst on-board

Hehe it's a bit amusing as you have to ask for these ...

Upon asking the Crew sometimes get anxious that they've messed up and ask Is Everything OK Sir ?

After a few awkward seconds , I say "Dont worry I just want to commend you on your Superb Service"

This gets a Huge Smile of Relief

Depending on when you ask for these, the Crew / Purser later collects the Feedback Form.

This Feedback is then acknowledged by Emirates to your e-mail ( if completed on the form) Any -ve issues are also addressed accordingly .
We did just that a few days ago, while in F. Service was impeccable, and we had great fun on our flight. So we asked the attendant for a feedback form, she came back with one and said the purser had asked if something was wrong. We filled it out and gave it back to her, and let her know how great she made our flight. Got a big smile back!
Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I've sent an email off to customer services. I hope that the crew member concerned gets the feedback, as she deserves it.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:52 pm

Thanks for the information, I had a great flight on January 14, EK 2, LHR-DXB, in economy class. Email sent.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:23 am

The unprompted passenger feedback is really important for the flight attendants (e.g., regarding promotions, bonus slottings - at least I know for sure for Etihad). So, I have made it a good habit to fill in those forms whenever I am particularly happy with the service.

Last edited by CalFlyer; Jan 15, 2012 at 11:27 pm
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:54 pm

I used to fill out the comment cards on board to highlight good crew on a regular basis. However, on a JNB-DXB flight a few years ago, I was confronted by a Purser who basically accused the crewmember and myself of some sort of connivance to garner a favourable review. I was "given the opportunity to withdraw" my comment card, which I declined. I was subsequently contacted by someone from Service Audit who asked similar leading questions in what appeared to be an attempt to pin some sort of wrongdoing on the crewmember with respect to soliciting compliments or similar.

Since then, I no longer fill out comment cards on board. My various friends at Emirates also agree that a handful of Pursers take it very badly when individuals are singled out for praise and that can often backfire on the crewmember you are trying to praise. It is far better to email directly AFTER the flight than to fill up the cards on board. Just something to keep in mind.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B747-437B
However, on a JNB-DXB flight a few years ago, I was confronted by a Purser who basically accused the crewmember and myself of some sort of connivance to garner a favourable review. I was "given the opportunity to withdraw" my comment card, which I declined. I was subsequently contacted by someone from Service Audit who asked similar leading questions in what appeared to be an attempt to pin some sort of wrongdoing on the crewmember with respect to soliciting compliments or similar.
Wow, this is shocking! Did you follow it up? I'd have complained bitterly about the purser in question. This type of attitude and behaviour is disgraceful.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:29 pm

Wow, this is shocking! Did you follow it up? I'd have complained bitterly about the purser in question. This type of attitude and behaviour is disgraceful.
We don't know the context, maybe FA and passenger were kissing and cuddling and the purser had reason to believe that there was more than a flight service relationship ...
Old Jan 16, 2012, 5:33 am

I had cause to praise a crew, whils on a stopover in DXB, they had been exceptional.

So in the lounge, I looked on the EK and Skywards websites, and found nothing. So I asked at the desks, and not only could they not find anything on the website, they had no "paper" forms to use either, suggesting instead that I sent in an email.

How hard can it be to install a link on the website, then manage it ?

Last edited by tezzer; Jan 16, 2012 at 5:33 am Reason: puur speeeling
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Not completely uncommon in airlines and corporations in the Middle East. Somehow, a junior staff member getting praise from a customer while the boss or superior is not commended, does not go down too well. I don't know if it's a jealously thing or s superiority complex but I have seen elements of thing kind of things happen at hotels, restaurants and places where there is customer interaction, for some reason they feel praise is only to be dished out by the bosses only, and that too infrequently.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tezzer
How hard can it be to install a link on the website, then manage it ?
Exactly. Other airlines manage to do this quite easily.

Originally Posted by yabadoo
Not completely uncommon in airlines and corporations in the Middle East. Somehow, a junior staff member getting praise from a customer while the boss or superior is not commended, does not go down too well.
Maybe it is cultural. I've never actually travelled to the ME, so I don't know how things work over there. However, it seems pretty logical to me that the person that you interact with the most should get the praise, not the boss.

In my situation, the purser spent no more than 2 minutes with me, whilst the crew member was constantly going back and forth and interacting with me, as you'd expect.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Forward

Hi All,

Just PM to me & consider your meessage sent to THE one.

Safe Flying

EGT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.