Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Does not care about its Loyal Customers

Emirates Does not care about its Loyal Customers

Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down Emirates Does not care about its Loyal Customers

i had a very bad experience with emirates even though i am a gold status member, they did nmot do anything to help me out. Day by day they are just loosing interest in customer service. I was flying to seychelles and on the way back i had a transit in dubai. I gave all my papers for visa 10 days before my first leg, i changed the onward date so emirates asked reissued my tkt with a new pnr and they themselves submitted another application for visa. In spite of checking everyday on the visa status, they kept saying it will come a day before travel. Last day when i am sceduled to fly out of seychelles i get an email that the visa is not issued becasue there are two visa applications. Airline makes the mistake and does not care about the inconvinice to pax. They refused to refund my no show hotel charges in dubai and marhaba charges as well. That to i was travelling in business and holding skywards gold. They just dont care. I have now started flying Qatar and can feel the difference. Qatar airways is really awesome. the service etc. No wonder they are a 5 star airline and emirates is 4 star.

So from now first choice Qatar Airways
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: EK PLAT 2022-2023, UAplat soon to be LH senator!
koorapati,
I would not say that emirates doe not care about loyal customers, i have not had a experience like you have had but there has to be a reason that this happened, it should not have happened but i would not change my preferred travel provider over a visa issue but thats just me, i hope everything worked out ok for you, safe travels.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:11 am

You can almost always get a transit visa on arrival at Dubai airport without prior arrangement (unless you hold a passport issued by Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan and a couple others) if you are flying Emirates. I've done that before when they have screwed up my visa applications.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Just wait until something goes wrong with Qatar and you'll see that, in my opinion, they are even worse at customer service than emirates. Having said that, hopefully you'll never be in a position to have to put them to the test.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: EK Skywards Blue, 9W Blue, LH
I can understand why you are frustrated at Emirates and I too would be in that situation, but to be brutally honest I think that that situation could happen with any airline, unless this sort of situation happens in the EU and you have booked in the EU, in which case certain standards apply. I don't think that this is necessarily about how much Emirates cares about its customers, but more about how much it can do about certain problems. In terms of caring about its frequent flyers, my father is on silver, and every couple of years they upgrade him to business at no cost or miles. If he happens to be travelling with my mother and I, they upgrade us too. I think that the same could happen with Qatar or any other airline, unless you book the hotels through them or as I said earlier.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 5:38 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by MarkLHR
Just wait until something goes wrong with Qatar and you'll see that, in my opinion, they are even worse at customer service than emirates. Having said that, hopefully you'll never be in a position to have to put them to the test.
+1
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: SQ PPS, AA EXEC PLAT,HH GOLD, BONVOY GOLD
Originally Posted by MarkLHR
This is probably the only reason why I haven't flown on QR. A better seat and service aren't everything.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.