Skywards Miles

Old Jan 6, 12, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Smile Skywards Miles

Hi people... I was looking at the ticket availability for my upcoming travel..But the website did not show the miles i would earn.. Itinerary i selected was:

May 28 DEL-DXB-JFK EK 513 for the DEL-DXB leg and connecting to EK 201 for DXB-JFK leg.

June 18 JFK-DXB-MEL EK 204 for JFK-DXB and connecting to EK 406 for DXB-MEL

June 29 MEL-DXB-DEL EK 409 for MEL-DXB and connecting to EK 514 for DXB DEL
How many miles will i earn? I am not a skywards member but will join prior to booking the flights

All on different 777 variants except DXB-JFK leg??

PS: Hows the seating on the Emirates aircrafts (i am 6 feet tall) and how is their vegetarian meal?
Old Jan 6, 12, 4:55 am

Welcome to the EK forum,

You need to let us know what class of service you will be travelling in before we can help you with your question.

In addition, you can easily calculate the miles earned yourself by going to Skywards.com and using the mileage calculator.

It's featured on the home page (the middle tile at the bottom of the home page)
Old Jan 6, 12, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Am travelling Economy on all the flights
Old Jan 6, 12, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by deepakbhatia View Post
Am travelling Economy on all the flights
DEL-DXB-JFK
3500 Skywards Miles if a Saver fare and you are a Blue Skywards Member
7000 Skywards Miles if a Flex fare...

JFK-DXB-MEL
12500 Skywards miles if a Saver
25000 Skywards miles if a Flex

MEL-DXB-DEL
7500 Skywards miles if Saver
15000 Skywards miles if Flex

We'll let you add the totals up depending on ticket type
Old Jan 6, 12, 6:15 am
Original Poster

How would i know whether the fare shown is Flex or Saver?

Will i be able to upgrade in MEL-DEL leg?

What about the seating and Veg food on these legs?
Old Jan 6, 12, 6:42 am

How would i know whether the fare shown is Flex or Saver?

Will i be able to upgrade in MEL-DEL leg?

What about the seating and Veg food on these legs?
If you do a dummy booking on the EK site it will tell you your fare type and mileage earned, including any bonuses applicable. You will be able to select a higher class in the booking process for MEL-DEL if that's what you're asking.
Old Jan 6, 12, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
If you do a dummy booking on the EK site it will tell you your fare type and mileage earned, including any bonuses applicable. You will be able to select a higher class in the booking process for MEL-DEL if that's what you're asking.
i mean that after booking an economy ticket, can i use the miles to upgrade to business class for MEL-DEL
Old Jan 6, 12, 7:18 am

i mean that after booking an economy ticket, can i use the miles to upgrade to business class for MEL-DEL
Yes, if there is availability on the MEL-DXB-DEL legs in D class. You should give www.skywards.com a read.
Old Jan 6, 12, 7:20 am

If there is availability and you have enough miles in your account you will be able to upgrade. The miles for this trip will not be in your acccount until after you have travelled.

You can check availability and your current miles balance at Skywards.com.

You need 50,000 to upgrade a Flex ticket or 62,500 to upgrade a Saver ticket.
Old Jan 6, 12, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys
Old Jan 9, 12, 1:56 am

Programs: AY Platinum, EK Gold
PS: Hows the seating on the Emirates aircrafts (i am 6 feet tall) and how is their vegetarian meal?
Can not comment on the vegetarian meals, but I am 6 feet something tall and the long haul flights I've done with EK on economy have been OK. Not that different from any other airline, really. Slightly more narrow maybe given the 3-4-3 configuration.

A lot of it is down to luck, e.g. who happens to be sitting next to you and how full the plane is.

If the aircraft is older, there's a risk that on an aisle seat, the supporting structures of the seat in front of you together with the control box for the IFE eat away a significant amount of your leg room. The direct MEL-DXB usually has newer fleet, but if you fly MEL-SIN-DXB then expect a bit more run down planes in particular on SIN-DXB.

In any case, the supporting structures of the seat in front of you do not readily segment the leg room into four identical spaces so there will be a bit of leg rubbing with the person next to you until you have marked your territories, figuratively speaking of course.

Hint: try to book a seat which is the last row of a cabin segment so that you get a bit more storage space by being able to use the space underneath your seat for shoes which in turns gives you a bit more leg room. That also increases the likelihood of an empty seat next to you. Besides, that's where the crew members hang out during the boarding so you get to flash a big smile to them to ensure a good service throughout the flight
Old Jan 9, 12, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SingaporeJoe View Post
The direct MEL-DXB usually has newer fleet, but if you fly MEL-SIN-DXB then expect a bit more run down planes in particular on SIN-DXB.

ya.. its DXB-MEL direct and the same on return
Old Jan 9, 12, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Besides, that's where the crew members hang out during the boarding so you get to flash a big smile to them to ensure a good service throughout the flight
LOL +1
Old Jan 9, 12, 3:20 am
Original Poster

A lot of it is down to luck, e.g. who happens to be sitting next to you and how full the plane is.

If the aircraft is older, there's a risk that on an aisle seat, the supporting structures of the seat in front of you together with the control box for the IFE eat away a significant amount of your leg room. The direct MEL-DXB usually has newer fleet, but if you fly MEL-SIN-DXB then expect a bit more run down planes in particular on SIN-DXB.

I would prefer a window seat to an aisle.. coz i luv taking pics and watch some scenery.... plus its my first experience on a plane.. so wouldnt miss the window seat

Search this Thread