Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to upgrade easier if you are gold?

Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold, gha black

I recently became skywards gold and have a tripbooked from cph to hgk via dxb obviously in feb. I wanted to upgrade one of the legs, zero availability, i booked business flex ticket. Called the service center and was told no seats available to upgrade yet wheb i look on expertflyer they havent even sold one f ticket from cph to dxb.....is it likely i can get upgraged with miles at check in or will they release an award seat nearer the time? Im currently sceptical if gold has any benefits of value, but am happy to hear others stories about why gold is valuable. Cheers all
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:31 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Try and get through to the Gold desk at DXB, and they may be able to open up a seat for you.

See the thread by EK004 Regular for details.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Another benefit of gold is that you can upgrade at the airport on the day of as long as there is an empty seat in F.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
You can also get them to waitlist you in case an upgrade opens up. This benefit is only available to Gold members.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:46 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Another benefit of gold is that you can upgrade at the airport on the day of as long as there is an empty seat in F.
Or onboard

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.