Upgrade emails offers FAQ

Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Qantas F.F. Asiana club Diamond. Hyatt Gold passport
Had an upgrade offer today during online check in £118 for BKK to HKG on the 2 Class A380 and took it. Yes only a pretty short flight but what’s £118 for a great experience onboard 😉
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, UA Mileage Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Division
I got 2 emails yesterday. One for my flight 3 July AMS-DXB to upgrade to business for €389 on the 777-300ER. Second email was for my flight on 7 July DXB-SGN (777-300ER) to upgrade for €354. I clicked on the Upgrade button and surprisingly it also showed upgrade prices for HAN-DXB and DXB-AMS, both on 27 July 2019. Prices for those legs are €354 and €389, so same for the return. DXB-AMS is on the A380 which is more interesting than the 777-300ER. Still wondering if the offer at online check-in will be better.

2 years ago in 2017, I had a flight BNE-DXB-LHR. The 'Manage my booking' section on the Emirates website quoted me a rated of €2300 for both legs to upgrade to business. Online check-in gave me an offer of €1200 for both legs.
Got another email today for AMS-DXB on 3 July. Offer is worse, now €484. Used to be €389.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Division
Got another email today for AMS-DXB on 3 July. Offer is worse, now €484. Used to be €389.
I am presuming someone else scored the lower rate and they are still offering an upgrade but feel they can get more. Supply/demand?

TD
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by nmc980
I'm flying DXB-BKK return on a flex ticket mid-july and received email offers yesterday evening for both legs - both were the price motherwell1991 quoted - AED 1324.
Interestingly enough - I just got sent another email offer (4 days out from departure) this time priced at AED 1654.
EF is currently showing: F4 A4 J7 C7 I7 O7 H7 P7 Y9 E9 R9 W9M9 B9 U9 K9 Q9 L9 T3 V0 X1
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: EK Blue QR Burgundy
BKK-DXB 7th August Saver tickets upgrade offer of £287pp.
Received similar offer DXB_BKK 26th July £284pp last month.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: EK Blue QR Burgundy
Originally Posted by motherwell1991
BKK-DXB 7th August Saver tickets upgrade offer of £287pp.
Received similar offer DXB_BKK 26th July £284pp last month.
Also got another offer today from DXB-BKK on the 26th July as above. This second offer was for £287pp.
I thought you only got an offer once?
I'll possibly get an offer Later this week from DXB-GLA after our stopover.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Marriott PP, HH G, GC Jade
Hi, I’ve an economy flight MXP-DXB on august 2nd and DXB-MRU the day after (2 passengers). Both not booked directly on Emirates website but added to my skywards profile, with my contacts, ….
At -23 days from departure I’ve not received any mail for upgrades offers. I know it’s not so close…but some of you here already received email offers for flights of days after 2-3 august. some
Doing a dummy-booking there’re available:
MXP-DXB:
at least 9 seats in economy (flex or flexplus)
at least 9 seats in business (flex or flexplus)
6 seats in first (flex or flexplus)

DXB-MRU
at least 9 seats in business (saver, flex or flexplus)
no first (2 class A380)

Do you think I have any chances to receive an offer? Availlability seams pretty good…!
Any ideas/suggestions?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by motherwell1991
Also got another offer today from DXB-BKK on the 26th July as above. This second offer was for £287pp.
I thought you only got an offer once?
I'll possibly get an offer Later this week from DXB-GLA after our stopover.
It is a rarity to get upgrade 'offers' as gold but I got one two weeks ago for BKK-DXB and it was £355 and I was on a flex + ticket. I also got an 'offer' for the return DXB-BKK and it was £355.

It might be worth while taking on a saver ticket but certainly not on a flex +! I may as well have paid for the J ticket.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by Will08
It is a rarity to get upgrade 'offers' as gold but I got one two weeks ago for BKK-DXB and it was £355 and I was on a flex + ticket. I also got an 'offer' for the return DXB-BKK and it was £355.

It might be worth while taking on a saver ticket but certainly not on a flex +! I may as well have paid for the J ticket.
I'm off to BKK tonight in Y on a flex ticket.
Had 2 x email offers sent through (mentioned above) but declined.
Have tracked flights over the past week or so on Expert Flyer and 90% have been going out with Y0.
As of last night my flight is +20 in Y - so hoping the op-up gods are looking upon me favorably
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by TravelerIT
Hi, I’ve an economy flight MXP-DXB on august 2nd and DXB-MRU the day after (2 passengers). Both not booked directly on Emirates website but added to my skywards profile, with my contacts, ….
At -23 days from departure I’ve not received any mail for upgrades offers. I know it’s not so close…but some of you here already received email offers for flights of days after 2-3 august. some
Doing a dummy-booking there’re available:
MXP-DXB:
at least 9 seats in business (flex or flexplus)
6 seats in first (flex or flexplus)

DXB-MRU
at least 9 seats in business (saver, flex or flexplus)
no first (2 class A380)

Do you think I have any chances to receive an offer? Availlability seams pretty good…!
Any ideas/suggestions?
I think its highly unlikely as you have 2 things going against you. You didnt book direct with emirates, and none fo the flights are sold out. These upgrade offers tend to start getting sent out when a flight is getting close to sold out. I cant recall any reports of offers being sent to people who booked with a travel agent or not on emirates directly
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by Will08

I seem to get plenty as Gold - didn't think they were a rarity. Last one was the same as yours BKK-DXB for £355 in early June. This was on a T fare which is the cheapest Saver there is I believe. Got another T fare in a couple of weeks so we'll see if it's the same again.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Marriott PP, HH G, GC Jade
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
I think its highly unlikely as you have 2 things going against you. You didnt book direct with emirates, and none fo the flights are sold out. These upgrade offers tend to start getting sent out when a flight is getting close to sold out. I cant recall any reports of offers being sent to people who booked with a travel agent or not on emirates directly
Thanks! :-(

Well, last December on a DXB-MXP that I booked directly and my girlfriend not…I received an email a couple of days before the departure while she doesn’t received anything! …but during online check-in she received the same offer! Sooo…maybe it could be the same here?!?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
I've received the upgrade emails even when booking with OTA and adding the booking to my Skywards account as a Gold and Silver
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, AV
Not a regular EK flier here (I think I've been on EK twice in the past decade, in Y)

Upcoming work trip has a leg from DXB to LIS. Got an email for an upgrade to biz for about 500 USD. Offer valid for the next 72 hrs. It's a 777-300ER. Given that I didn't pay for the (discount coach) ticket, seems intriguing enough to consider, to get to experience EK's business class (even with the old angled flats). Expert Flyer shows the cabin about 1/4 full ... wonder why they're giving upgrades over a month out? Any chance of the offer coming down?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by gashwingomes
Not a regular EK flier here (I think I've been on EK twice in the past decade, in Y)

Upcoming work trip has a leg from DXB to LIS. Got an email for an upgrade to biz for about 500 USD. Offer valid for the next 72 hrs. It's a 777-300ER. Given that I didn't pay for the (discount coach) ticket, seems intriguing enough to consider, to get to experience EK's business class (even with the old angled flats). Expert Flyer shows the cabin about 1/4 full ... wonder why they're giving upgrades over a month out? Any chance of the offer coming down?
Won't come down. More a factor of full Y cabin rather than full or empty J

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.