Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade emails offers FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Originally Posted by Brussels traveller
Interesting that none of the Golds seem to be getting the upgrade e-mails. Any Golds on here who have received them?
I have received this for 4 out of 8 flights I have taken in the last 3 months. One of my trips, my wife was travelling with me (Blue, on a separate PNR) and she received an upgrade with miles email.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I have been getting this upgrade offer during OLCI, via the email notification that is sent out when check-in opens up 48 hours before the flight.

Last edited by mannimagus; Sep 13, 2017 at 5:37 am
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Is this new?

Regardless of whether you have received an email upgrade offer, and provided upgrade availability is not all snapped up before you get to 48h from departure, you will get a second pass at the offer at OLCI.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:12 pm

I booked my emirates flight via the chase portal in economy. Does this preclude me from receiving an upgrade offer for business via email or at check in?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:53 pm

In the last year I flown approximately 24 sectors in J between London and Dubai. As a Gold, I've never once been offered an upgrade at any point other than the "upgrade with cash/miles" option in MMB, only to find that there is never any availability. I once proactively called the phone helpline and I was able to upgrade with miles (39,000 one way) when MMB said nothing was available. I yearn for the day when I'm issued a new boarding pass....
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Brink
In the last year I flown approximately 24 sectors in J between London and Dubai. As a Gold, I've never once been offered an upgrade at any point other than the "upgrade with cash/miles" option in MMB, only to find that there is never any availability. I once proactively called the phone helpline and I was able to upgrade with miles (39,000 one way) when MMB said nothing was available. I yearn for the day when I'm issued a new boarding pass....
It will not happen on LON-DXB as a Gold
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Gold, EK Silver, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Is this new?

Regardless of whether you have received an email upgrade offer, and provided upgrade availability is not all snapped up before you get to 48h from departure, you will get a second pass at the offer at OLCI.
This is helpful. I've just received an email offer to upgrade GLA-DXB, £373 PP, 2 weeks exactly before we depart. I think this is a decent offer, was going to hold off to see if I get offered the 2nd leg DXB-SYD, I'd rather put £750 into our upgrade for this leg. If it makes no difference at OLCI I can afford to hold off. I assume the flight will be quiet in any case due to the flights over Christmas Eve, Christmas Day. Here's hoping I receive the option at OLCI!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by diss50
This is helpful. I've just received an email offer to upgrade GLA-DXB, £373 PP, 2 weeks exactly before we depart. I think this is a decent offer, was going to hold off to see if I get offered the 2nd leg DXB-SYD, I'd rather put £750 into our upgrade for this leg. If it makes no difference at OLCI I can afford to hold off. I assume the flight will be quiet in any case due to the flights over Christmas Eve, Christmas Day. Here's hoping I receive the option at OLCI!
i received this same offer for the exact same flight and date this morning, it arrived in my mailbox about an hour after I had used miles to upgrade the flight to J
i think the flight is fully booked in Y, so you might get an op up anyway if your lucky.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls

i received this same offer for the exact same flight and date this morning, it arrived in my mailbox about an hour after I had used miles to upgrade the flight to J
i think the flight is fully booked in Y, so you might get an op up anyway if your lucky.
Accepted the offer; was hesitant to wait in case the opportunity to sit together disappeared.

Just a query and apologies to be bold, would you possibly you have any option to guest into the GLA lounge? I have a current post in the lounge meetup, looking for a sign in for my fiancee. Only on your correspondence that you are in J and on the same flight - that's if you're not travelling with your +1.

Hopefully we get lucky with an op-up DXB-SYD!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Accepted the offer; was hesitant to wait in case the opportunity to sit together disappeared.

Just a query and apologies to be bold, would you possibly you have any option to guest into the GLA lounge? I have a current post in the lounge meetup, looking for a sign in for my fiancee. Only on your correspondence that you are in J and on the same flight - that's if you're not travelling with your +1.

Unless their profile is inaccurate, as a Blue member they can't guest in anyone, being in J is irrelevant there.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Unless their profile is inaccurate, as a Blue member they can't guest in anyone, being in J is irrelevant there.
yes that’s correct iam still just a blue member, should hit silver after these flights.
so unfortunately I cannot guest anyone into the lounge.
once you upgrade with miles to j do you then earn Miles on that sector at the higher earn rate? Or are they just earned at Y rate from the initial booking?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls

yes that’s correct iam still just a blue member, should hit silver after these flights.
so unfortunately I cannot guest anyone into the lounge.
once you upgrade with miles to j do you then earn Miles on that sector at the higher earn rate? Or are they just earned at Y rate from the initial booking?
Y rate unless you paid the full fare difference in cash
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Y rate unless you paid the full fare difference in cash
thanks for the reply. I did expect that it would only be at Y rate.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:57 am

“Sorry your promotional code is incorrect “
is this really a wrong code? And can anything be done to get a working one?
or is it just saying that because folk beat me to it and all the email upgrade space has been filled?
this has happened on my last two email offers. I even clicked the button on this most recent one within 3 minutes of getting the email.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium

Did you get an Op-up? I was on 414 the following day, (early morning of the 26th) 10 people got J-F and 40 people got Y-J.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Will08
Did you get an Op-up? I was on 414 the following day, (early morning of the 26th) 10 people got J-F and 40 people got Y-J.
Apologies for the delay, not long back and switched off from the cyber world whilst on trip. We did get an upgrade at the gate in DXB, a welcome surprise after taking the business offer GLA-DXB (bearing in mine we had a Y flex & both silvers). 14hrs in Business to SYD was excellent and a big relief as we were dreading the flight after the initial luxurious hop.

On the way home SYD-DXB, a couple in front of us received a bump up at gate as we boarded, as we were Y saver tickets, unfortunately we were at the back end of the op-up queue! Any idea how many pax were op-up'd on this flight? EK415 on 17-Jan-2018.

How did you fair on your flight - did you get bumped up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.