Upgrade emails offers FAQ

Old Mar 18, 12, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by eightblack View Post
Try using this link. Input the offer code in the last box on this page (the code you received in the email)
https://fly2.emirates.com/MYB/MMBLogin.aspx
This took me to a booking page where you can enter a discount code, not an Upgrade code. Second time round it took me to the correct page.

Originally Posted by whimike View Post
Emirates.com -> Plan & Book -> Manage a Booking
This is correct. Don't try to shortcut the process by using the Manage Booking button but make sure you go through the menu as described.
Old Mar 18, 12, 9:55 am

Wink

Thanks for that - I was being blonde lol!
Tried it and it didn't work for any of the flights but was certainly worth a try!
Thanks again.
Old Mar 23, 12, 7:43 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Skywards Platinum
Anybody ever try the code and actually worked?
Old Dec 11, 12, 10:18 pm

Programs: NZ, EK, QF
Sorry to re-hash an old thread, but have EK taken away the box to enter the code? I have done the procedure mentioned in this thread and can't find anywhere to enter the code. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Old Dec 12, 12, 4:43 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by midkemia View Post
Sorry to re-hash an old thread, but have EK taken away the box to enter the code? I have done the procedure mentioned in this thread and can't find anywhere to enter the code. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Yes - it was mentioned a week or so ago on another thread. EK have removed this 'quirk'
Old Dec 16, 12, 3:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I am not surprised they cut this loophole but on the other hand algorithm used by Emirates wasn't very smart.

I have been flying quite few times on routes MLA-DXB-SIN and SIN-DXB, but it is the first time I received an upgrade offer. Well, it wasn't even addressed to me but to Mrs. despite I am the leading contact for this booking.

Anyway, they offered me upgrade from Y to J at AED 1800 pp on route DXB-SIN on A388 which I found quite decent for 7:15h flight.
Old Feb 12, 17, 9:25 am

Programs: AA BA EK
FLL-DXB paid upgrade to F

Flying FLL-DXB in a couple of days in J, and just got an e-mail offer to upgrade to F for $1200. I haven't flown EK in many years so I'm not sure what J and F are currently like (plane is supposed to be a 777-200LR).

I have been flying QR J class for the last few years, and I've been very happy with that. But the new FLL-DXB route has brought me back to EK. I've seen the ads for Emirates F, and it does look quite nice, but I think they are for the A380. Is EK F worth $1200 over EK J on this route?
Old Feb 12, 17, 9:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kcaco247 View Post
Flying FLL-DXB in a couple of days in J, and just got an e-mail offer to upgrade to F for $1200. I haven't flown EK in many years so I'm not sure what J and F are currently like (plane is supposed to be a 777-200LR).

I have been flying QR J class for the last few years, and I've been very happy with that. But the new FLL-DXB route has brought me back to EK. I've seen the ads for Emirates F, and it does look quite nice, but I think they are for the A380. Is EK F worth $1200 over EK J on this route?
On a 777 if you can afford it, arguably, yes. You will have a fully enclosed suite with direct aisle access in F while in J a 2-3-2 config with angled lie-flat (not very angled though).
Old Feb 12, 17, 9:49 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
On a 777 if you can afford it, arguably, yes. You will have a fully enclosed suite with direct aisle access in F while in J a 2-3-2 config with angled lie-flat (not very angled though).
Agree. Just checked to make sure that all 777-200's have private suites and they seem to do.
The difference between J and F on a 777 is much bigger than on a 380 (OK, you don't have the shower on the 777 but that's minor in the big scheme of things) and for that amount I would personally be very tempted, especially as its a 14 hour fight!
Old Feb 12, 17, 10:56 am

Thank you for the replies! I think I will do it.

Question - when I go to do the upgrade, it tells me:

Flights upgraded using this offer are not eligible for lounge access or Chauffeur-drive. Emirates Skywards members will continue to enjoy access to lounges based on their tier eligibility. The offer is not refundable and can't be changed once purchased.

I would still get the lounge access and chauffeur-drive available for business class pax, right? I already have the chauffeur-drive service booked. Or am I to interpret that literally and that I will no longer have any lounge access or chauffeur-drive service?

Last edited by kcaco247; Feb 12, 17 at 11:12 am Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 12, 17, 11:07 am
Suspended

Thank you for the replies! I think I will do it.

Question - when I go to do the upgrade, it tell me:

Flights upgraded using this offer are not eligible for lounge access or Chauffeur-drive. Emirates Skywards members will continue to enjoy access to lounges based on their tier eligibility. The offer is not refundable and can't be changed once purchased.

I would still get the lounge access and chauffeur-drive available for business class pax, right? I already have the chauffeur-drive service booked. Or am I to interpret that literally and that I will no longer have any lounge access or chauffeur-drive service?
That wording shouldn't appear in a J-F offer but yes you would have access to the same amenities you have in J already. Perhaps fall them to confirm just in case.
Old Feb 12, 17, 11:08 am

I just called and they told me that it was correct - if I upgraded from J to F with this offer, I would not get lounge access or chauffeur-drive service.

That's kind of crazy to me!
Old Feb 12, 17, 11:09 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
That wording shouldn't appear in a J-F offer but yes you would have access to the same amenities you have in J already. Perhaps fall them to confirm just in case.
This is the one I was thinking about when replying in the other one

S
Old Feb 12, 17, 11:28 am
Suspended

I just called and they told me that it was correct - if I upgraded from J to F with this offer, I would not get lounge access or chauffeur-drive service.

That's kind of crazy to me!
That's ridiculous. Did you point out you already have both in your current J ticket? Arguably still worth it if you arrive shortly before flight and can do without the CD
Old Feb 12, 17, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
I have to say that is absolutely dreadful. I know you just called , but try again and say you are already booked in J.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: