Old Jul 10, 19, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AV, 9W
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Won't come down. More a factor of full Y cabin rather than full or empty J
Gotcha. Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 19, 2:00 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
I seem to get plenty as Gold - didn't think they were a rarity. Last one was the same as yours BKK-DXB for £355 in early June. This was on a T fare which is the cheapest Saver there is I believe. Got another T fare in a couple of weeks so we'll see if it's the same again.
Few interesting parts to this. I have not had email offers for a long time (years), even on flights where family members received them as blue and silver members. I am quite surprised the offer is the same price regardless of economy ticket type, which I think makes it worth while for some, not for others. Also a recurring theme seems to be BKK for the recent posts. I have had three op-ups this year alone BKK-DXB having never received one before but they were all on Flex+ tickets.
Old Jul 11, 19, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by nmc980 View Post
I'm off to BKK tonight in Y on a flex ticket.
Had 2 x email offers sent through (mentioned above) but declined.
Have tracked flights over the past week or so on Expert Flyer and 90% have been going out with Y0.
As of last night my flight is +20 in Y - so hoping the op-up gods are looking upon me favorably
it seems you made a good call!
nmc980 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 19, 3:25 pm

Programs: EK platinum
Originally Posted by Will08 View Post
Few interesting parts to this. I have not had email offers for a long time (years), even on flights where family members received them as blue and silver members. I am quite surprised the offer is the same price regardless of economy ticket type, which I think makes it worth while for some, not for others. Also a recurring theme seems to be BKK for the recent posts. I have had three op-ups this year alone BKK-DXB having never received one before but they were all on Flex+ tickets.
I have been platinum for 4 years now, and since that time, I haven't had one email offer for the times I wasn't flying F. They must think I'm captive and will upgrade with cash (which I never do). There's a strong feeling that Emirates take platinums for granted and consider it's better to give blues, silvers or golds the opportunity to experience an upgrade to J or F and hopefully hook them into paying for it in future, thereby increasing the number of premium fares sold. A good business model, but it doesn't reward loyalty. Emirates don't do that well, as even platinum is not valued by them much.

And after a while it starts to pall somewhat. I know Emirates don't give a toss if they lose people like myself, but I'm sure there are plenty of platinums who continue to vote with their feet. Emirates needs to hold onto loyal customers more positively because in the bad times, frequent flyers (and everyone else) look for genuinely more competitive fares, then swap loyalty and don't return. It's never a good idea to take any group of people for granted.
Will08 and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Jul 11, 19, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by BadoRas View Post
I have been platinum for 4 years now, and since that time, I haven't had one email offer for the times I wasn't flying F. They must think I'm captive and will upgrade with cash (which I never do). There's a strong feeling that Emirates take platinums for granted and consider it's better to give blues, silvers or golds the opportunity to experience an upgrade to J or F and hopefully hook them into paying for it in future, thereby increasing the number of premium fares sold. A good business model, but it doesn't reward loyalty. Emirates don't do that well, as even platinum is not valued by them much.

And after a while it starts to pall somewhat. I know Emirates don't give a toss if they lose people like myself, but I'm sure there are plenty of platinums who continue to vote with their feet. Emirates needs to hold onto loyal customers more positively because in the bad times, frequent flyers (and everyone else) look for genuinely more competitive fares, then swap loyalty and don't return. It's never a good idea to take any group of people for granted.
Your theory is exactly how I experienced my first business class flight. Back then I paid around 150 quid for MAN-DXB and even though it was a 777 I loved every minute of it. Of course I had nothing to compare it to and had no idea about the difference with the A380. However, the numbers just don't work for me now. I mainly travel on Flex+ so it is never worth it.

Your other comments is something I am currently pondering but I'll post seperately to avoid going toofar off topic.
Old Jul 12, 19, 3:38 am

Programs: Many
434 SGD to upgrade from Eco Flex to Business on DXB-IST.

Declined.
Old Jul 16, 19, 6:05 pm

Programs: OneWorld, Aeroplan,StarAlliance
Yyz to dxb Upgrade offer

flying out in October just wondering what would be a good offer to accept. I know itís a busy route but October might be slow.. has anyone received any offers on this sector? Thoughts?
Thnx
Old Jul 24, 19, 7:27 am

Programs: OneWorld, Aeroplan,StarAlliance
Originally Posted by nomiiiii View Post
Route: Seattle to Dubai, on the 777. Originally booked an economy saver ticket U class (which earns me 50% on alaska miles, so approx 3000 alaska miles).

Just got an email upgrade offer for $790 (one-way) - if I take it, will it change the ticket fareclass to earn the higher rate of 225% alaska miles on any business fareclass (approx 15000 alaska miles)? How can I make sure of this before committing? The price is only justifiable to me if I get the extra miles otherwise its a bit out of my budget. Also I've flown emirates/other business class before many times so its not that much of a wow-factor for me anymore, plus i'm pretty short so overall economy seat is ... fine. But ofcourse having a mostly-flat bed for a 14 hour flight is nice, just not $790 nice.

Also, this email offer is about 2 weeks out. If I wait till 48 hours and try to upgrade at checkin, from people's experience are the email offers higher or lower than the checkin offers?

hi Iím sorry but can you please explain how I could earn miles on Alaskan by flying EK ? I would love to do this.. I thought EK didnít share with anyone
Old Jul 24, 19, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Carl380 View Post

hi Iím sorry but can you please explain how I could earn miles on Alaskan by flying EK ? I would love to do this.. I thought EK didnít share with anyone
Here's some information until the OP returns to possibly answer your question......
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/how-to-earn-miles/airline-partners/emirates
Old Jul 24, 19, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Carl380 View Post

Under your emiates.com manage booking, change your frequent flyer number to alaksa's
Old Jul 25, 19, 10:57 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Booked Business Saver on SFO-DXB on Sunday. EF currently shows flight as follows

F4 A4 J7 C7 I0 O0 H0 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9
B9 U9 K9 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0

Any chance of getting an offer to upgrade to F?
Old Jul 25, 19, 1:50 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by kaushik123 View Post
Booked Business Saver on SFO-DXB on Sunday. EF currently shows flight as follows

F4 A4 J7 C7 I0 O0 H0 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9
B9 U9 K9 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0

Any chance of getting an offer to upgrade to F?
Off the cuff: no.
Lots of availability in J.
And if they have to op-up, all Plats, all J Flex+ and all J Flex are above you on the list.
Old Jul 26, 19, 2:25 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Marriott PP, HH G, GC Jade
Originally Posted by TravelerIT View Post
Hi, Iíve an economy flight MXP-DXB on august 2nd and DXB-MRU the day after (2 passengers). Both not booked directly on Emirates website but added to my skywards profile, with my contacts, Ö.
At -23 days from departure Iíve not received any mail for upgrades offers. I know itís not so closeÖbut some of you here already received email offers for flights of days after 2-3 august. some
Doing a dummy-booking thereíre available:
MXP-DXB:
at least 9 seats in economy (flex or flexplus)
at least 9 seats in business (flex or flexplus)
6 seats in first (flex or flexplus)

DXB-MRU
at least 9 seats in business (saver, flex or flexplus)
no first (2 class A380)

Do you think I have any chances to receive an offer? Availlability seams pretty goodÖ!
Any ideas/suggestions?

Actual situation:

MXP-DXB:
at least 9 seats in business (flex or flexplus)
8 seats in first (flex or flexplus)

DXB-MRU
0 seats in economy
4 seats in business (flex or flexplus)
no first (2 class A380)

No e-mail offers yet! :-( Hoping at OLCIÖ!
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:02 pm

hi all, we are booked on emirates Milan-dxb-melb using a qantas classic reward. Is it highly unlikely we would receive an email upgrade offer?
Old Aug 2, 19, 12:13 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bryleyks View Post
hi all, we are booked on emirates Milan-dxb-melb using a qantas classic reward. Is it highly unlikely we would receive an email upgrade offer?
You will not

Search this Thread
Search Engine: