Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade emails offers FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A380 9K
EK usually sends upgrade offers via email depending on availability..etc. These upgrades, however, come without neither lounge access nor chauffer. If your ticket is a revenue one( i.e. you have’t used miles to book it) then you can upgrade via EK’s website using miles or cash. If you do so then you will get the chauffer as well as the lounge access.
Not for much longer!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:44 am

Got an upgrade email for both my mom and nephew (different PNR due to different return date) for $450 from SIN-MEL leg.. not sure it's worth it, as it's only business class during the flight, other options (baggage allowance, priority check in, lounge access and etc) are the same as the ticket originally bought...
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by annielee
Got an upgrade email for both my mom and nephew (different PNR due to different return date) for $450 from SIN-MEL leg.. not sure it's worth it, as it's only business class during the flight, other options (baggage allowance, priority check in, lounge access and etc) are the same as the ticket originally bought...
You should get business class check in
Old May 4, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Back on a flight BKK to LHR in a couple of days, having arrived in BKK by other means I am on a one way ticket. I had to purchase a Flex + ticket at a cost of £850 (the EK site was showing it was the last seat and is now sold out).

I have just received an miles upgrade offer... 25,000 miles for BKK-DXB or 14481 THB. Has any one ever received this as a gold member? It is the first upgrade offer I had had in years.

Seeing as I am on such an expensive economy ticket I am going to politely decline and hope for the Op up as the flight appears to be oversold. (All flights appear to be sold out departing on the 7th from BKK last time I checked!)
Old May 4, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Will08
Back on a flight BKK to LHR in a couple of days, having arrived in BKK by other means I am on a one way ticket. I had to purchase a Flex + ticket at a cost of £850 (the EK site was showing it was the last seat and is now sold out).

I have just received an miles upgrade offer... 25,000 miles for BKK-DXB or 14481 THB. Has any one ever received this as a gold member? It is the first upgrade offer I had had in years.

Seeing as I am on such an expensive economy ticket I am going to politely decline and hope for the Op up as the flight appears to be oversold. (All flights appear to be sold out departing on the 7th from BKK last time I checked!)
Looks like very high possibility of OpUp on that flight, so i would not take the offer
Old May 4, 2019, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Looks like very high possibility of OpUp on that flight, so i would not take the offer
Yes definitely not, if I was on a cheap saver ticket I would consider it but Im not paying 1200 quid to fly half Y half J to LHR!
Old May 4, 2019, 4:36 am

we did upgraded mom's ticket, and did get priority boarding (not check in coz the 1st flight still economy)
she did enjoyed and managed to get some sleep and even commented it's better than SQ business class :-)
another plus points, nephew got to sit in business class (with mom) for an hour before landing .. :-)
Originally Posted by F10GLA
You should get business class check in
Old May 6, 2019, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
The gamble paid off, this time the Op-up came at check in - I asked for extra legroom and the lady completely ignored me and printed my boarding pass, handed it to me and said I think you will prefer this to extra legroom...
Tanzguy, Zol, S c 0 TT y and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: EK Blue QR Burgundy
EK Upgrade Offer

I've been offered an upgrade on 2 sectors to J between GLA-BKK next month.
I'm not sure whether to choose GLA-DXB or DXB-BKK. Both are on the A380 with the first sector a day/evening flight and second an overnight/morning flight.
I understand there is no limo or lounge access but BKK airport is apparently having issues with a new fingerprint reader and J will give us fast track passes.
What would you do? Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:37 am

Route: Seattle to Dubai, on the 777. Originally booked an economy saver ticket U class (which earns me 50% on alaska miles, so approx 3000 alaska miles).

Just got an email upgrade offer for $790 (one-way) - if I take it, will it change the ticket fareclass to earn the higher rate of 225% alaska miles on any business fareclass (approx 15000 alaska miles)? How can I make sure of this before committing? The price is only justifiable to me if I get the extra miles otherwise its a bit out of my budget. Also I've flown emirates/other business class before many times so its not that much of a wow-factor for me anymore, plus i'm pretty short so overall economy seat is ... fine. But ofcourse having a mostly-flat bed for a 14 hour flight is nice, just not $790 nice.

Also, this email offer is about 2 weeks out. If I wait till 48 hours and try to upgrade at checkin, from people's experience are the email offers higher or lower than the checkin offers?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by motherwell1991
I've been offered an upgrade on 2 sectors to J between GLA-BKK next month.
I'm not sure whether to choose GLA-DXB or DXB-BKK. Both are on the A380 with the first sector a day/evening flight and second an overnight/morning flight.
I understand there is no limo or lounge access but BKK airport is apparently having issues with a new fingerprint reader and J will give us fast track passes.
What would you do? Thanks
Are you OK with posting the offer? I have found limited information on what offers Emirates provides pre-check-in. Did this offer get emailed to you or did you just happen across it in the app? How many days before your flight?

Thanks
TD
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: EK Blue QR Burgundy
Offer from GLA-DXB was £379pp and DXB-BKK was £284pp. Flights are 25th and 26thJuly.
Offers were via email.
Traveler Dave likes this.

Last edited by motherwell1991; Jun 12, 2019 at 1:59 pm Reason: additional info
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Route: Seattle to Dubai, on the 777. Originally booked an economy saver ticket U class (which earns me 50% on alaska miles, so approx 3000 alaska miles).

Just got an email upgrade offer for $790 (one-way) - if I take it, will it change the ticket fareclass to earn the higher rate of 225% alaska miles on any business fareclass (approx 15000 alaska miles)? How can I make sure of this before committing? The price is only justifiable to me if I get the extra miles otherwise its a bit out of my budget. Also I've flown emirates/other business class before many times so its not that much of a wow-factor for me anymore, plus i'm pretty short so overall economy seat is ... fine. But ofcourse having a mostly-flat bed for a 14 hour flight is nice, just not $790 nice.

Also, this email offer is about 2 weeks out. If I wait till 48 hours and try to upgrade at checkin, from people's experience are the email offers higher or lower than the checkin offers?
IIRC you should earn the original ticketed amount. Emirates upgrade book into D class. As an aside, $790 is the lowest amount i've heard of for USA-DXB upgrade email offer. Usually $1000 is the standard amount but might have something to do with the new fare bucket introduced this week that mirrors the email upgrade offer.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:48 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by kq747
IIRC you should earn the original ticketed amount. Emirates upgrade book into D class. As an aside, $790 is the lowest amount i've heard of for USA-DXB upgrade email offer. Usually $1000 is the standard amount but might have something to do with the new fare bucket introduced this week that mirrors the email upgrade offer.
Email upgrade offers book into P bucket. The amount does not change when time passes on. But once P bucket is sold out, the offer is no longer available to you, so one waits at one’s peril! If you think it’s worth it, take it. If not, then just move on.
And yes, on an EK ticket email upgrade you get the Skywards for the original ticket, not anything more. I presume it’s the same for tickets originating elsewhere, but I have no experience with that. Finally, no lounge access and no chauffeur drive.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Email upgrade offers book into P bucket.
Thanks for the correction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.