Upgrade emails offers FAQ

Old Oct 29, 18, 8:21 am

My husband and I have just receiving e-mails offering Y to J DXB to AKL for £746, for a 17 hour flight I think we'll take it. Our flight is 6 1/2 weeks away.
Old Oct 29, 18, 8:37 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by woollygirl View Post
My husband and I have just receiving e-mails offering Y to J DXB to AKL for £746, for a 17 hour flight I think we'll take it. Our flight is 6 1/2 weeks away.
Seems reasonable for such a long flight. Does it allow lounge access ?( looks like the email offers usually dont )
Old Oct 29, 18, 8:51 am

No, sadly no lounge access or chauffeur drive, but we're grateful we get to do that long stretch in comfort
ukdoctor likes this.
Old Feb 3, 19, 12:04 am

Hello,

anybody maybe knows how much the upgrade approximately costs from DXB to HND and from NRT to DXB? And maybe there is some experience how common these offers are on these routes. I am currently deciding between miles upgrade or waiting for this special offer email. I am asking because for all my last Y trips between MUC and DXB I've always received these offers and the cost was approximately 520 Euro every time. So maybe somebody here is regularly travelling these routes and can share some information.

Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 19, 11:22 pm

Any DP’s on Business to First email upgrade offers (miles or cash) for MLE-DXB or DXB-LAX? If so, how far in advance did you see an offer?

Thanks
TD

Old Feb 6, 19, 1:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave View Post
Any DPís on Business to First email upgrade offers (miles or cash) for MLE-DXB or DXB-LAX? If so, how far in advance did you see an offer?

Thanks
TD

l have never seen j to f email offers for cash or miles
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Feb 6, 19, 2:54 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by m3red View Post

Once upon a time long ago....., before my very first flight with EK (in J), I got a mileage upgrade offer to F. As I had no miles yet, I did not even look at it. I get no offers now.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Feb 6, 19, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by m3red View Post

Thanks for the info!

A little off-thread, since it was not an email, but my wifeís business reservation from MLE-DXB (booked with miles) showed and immediate upgrade option online to first for 24K miles. The DXB-LAX has always shown no upgrade available.

TD
Old Feb 6, 19, 10:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave View Post

Thanks for the info!

A little off-thread, since it was not an email, but my wifeís business reservation from MLE-DXB (booked with miles) showed and immediate upgrade option online to first for 24K miles. The DXB-LAX has always shown no upgrade available.

TD
yeah thatís pretty standard of itís available - also itís not worth 24k miles that route.
Old Feb 17, 19, 12:55 am

Upgrade Help

Hi All,

hoping for some insight- sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

hubby and I are heading to Thailand in a few weeks for honeymoon( flying BOS to DXB to BKK). Trying to figure out likely hood of upgrade and/or upgrade offers( if such a thing exists).

Any advice is is greatly appreciated as I canít find any info anywhere
Old Feb 17, 19, 1:13 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by KLB818 View Post
Hi All,

hoping for some insight- sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

hubby and I are heading to Thailand in a few weeks for honeymoon( flying BOS to DXB to BKK). Trying to figure out likely hood of upgrade and/or upgrade offers( if such a thing exists).

Any advice is is greatly appreciated as I canít find any info anywhere
EK usually sends upgrade offers via email depending on availability..etc. These upgrades, however, come without neither lounge access nor chauffer. If your ticket is a revenue one( i.e. you haveít used miles to book it) then you can upgrade via EKís website using miles or cash. If you do so then you will get the chauffer as well as the lounge access.

As for the likelhood of getting an operational upgrade, it depends on wheather you have a status with EK as well as on the fare bucket booked. If you donít have a status and if your ticket is saver then your chances are very low

Hope this helps! Sorry if there were typos in my post. I am using my phone.
Old Feb 17, 19, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by A380 9K View Post

EK usually sends upgrade offers via email depending on availability..etc. These upgrades, however, come without neither lounge access nor chauffer. If your ticket is a revenue one( i.e. you haveít used miles to book it) then you can upgrade via EKís website using miles or cash. If you do so then you will get the chauffer as well as the lounge access.

As for the likelhood of getting an operational upgrade, it depends on wheather you have a status with EK as well as on the fare bucket booked. If you donít have a status and if your ticket is saver then your chances are very low

Hope this helps! Sorry if there were typos in my post. I am using my phone.
Our tickets are economy flex and we are currently seated in the bulkhead ( paid for extra leg room)

is there a way to check availability? I have called emirates but they say you have to wait until 3 or 2 days before check in..
Old Feb 17, 19, 1:26 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by KLB818 View Post

Our tickets are economy flex and we are currently seated in the bulkhead ( paid for extra leg room)

is there a way to check availability? I have called emirates but they say you have to wait until 3 or 2 days before check in..
If you are upgrading with miles then expertflyer should tell if they have award seats or not. However, EK sometimes doesnít release those until a few days before. I can look up availability for you on EF but I am going to need the travel dates and flight numbers.
Old Feb 17, 19, 1:35 am

Oh thanks!

I looked on expertflyer and it looks full minus a fair amount of blocked seats- no idea what those are.

i am thinking I just have to patiently wait. We donít have miles to upgrade unfortunately, so Ill just have to stay positive
Old Feb 17, 19, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by A380 9K View Post
If you are upgrading with miles then expertflyer should tell if they have award seats or not.
The poster already has a booking so can also check regular availability via Manage a Booking.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: