Upgrade emails offers FAQ

Old Aug 30, 18, 6:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by McG View Post
£738 to upgrade the DXB-PER leg of GLA-DXB-PER from Economy Saver to Business.

That's not a bad deal!
Old Aug 30, 18, 11:23 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
That's not a bad deal!
Yeah, I was briefly tempted for a bit but decided to book an extra leg room seat in economy.
Old Aug 30, 18, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by McG View Post

Yeah, I was briefly tempted for a bit but decided to book an extra leg room seat in economy.
That's a bad deal. Well, I personally don't like them, proximity to exit door (cold), congregation of pax waiting for lax, slightly narrower seat, immovable arm rest and IFE in arm rest...
thijsseh and daisymay2 like this.
Old Aug 30, 18, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Executive Skywards silver Virgin Enrich Flying Blue Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
We had an emergency exit seat in economy last year and hated it precisely for the reasons skywardhunter listed.
Never again!
Old Aug 31, 18, 6:24 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Plat
That's not a bad deal!
I'm not sure it is, how much was the saver ticket?
Old Aug 31, 18, 6:26 am

That's a bad deal. Well, I personally don't like them, proximity to exit door (cold), congregation of pax waiting for lax, slightly narrower seat, immovable arm rest and IFE in arm rest...
68 is not a bad seat to alleviate some of these problems..
Old Aug 31, 18, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Executive Skywards silver Virgin Enrich Flying Blue Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by Will08 View Post
68 is not a bad seat to alleviate some of these problems..
That was the seat I was referring to - hated it!
Old Aug 31, 18, 10:58 pm

Just took up BKK-DXB for €385. The DXB-DUS leg I had quite some succes in the past with op ups so I'm chancing it. Upgrade price for that part was 515. Didn't find €900 in total worth it to upgrade especially without the extra miles but happy with the first leg.
Old Sep 1, 18, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Denizz View Post
Just took up BKK-DXB for €385.
I'm guessing this was on a Flex ticket? It's close to the £343 GBP I saw a few weeks ago on the same route. I declined it and took the offer of 32,995 miles instead but thought both were about par for the course - not great bargains but about the going rate of splitting the overall trip into the indvidual sectors and pricing it in J, which can't be done at the time of booking. Losing chauffeur drive made no difference to me in Thailand and I have lounge access through status so no loss in value there.

The DXB-DUS leg I had quite some succes in the past with op ups so I'm chancing it. Upgrade price for that part was 515 .
Again, similar to the £461 GBP I declined for DXB-GLA. 2 passengers too few for an op-up for me, but got an extra legroom seat at DXB so not too disappointed.
Old Sep 1, 18, 4:02 am

Forgot to add, yes this was on Flex. Ticket price BKK-DUS was €450 give and take.

I wish it was normally possible to buy business class on seperate legs. Inbound I flew to Hanoi from Düsseldorf. First part to DXB was great on an A380 but the second leg was on I think one of the oldest 777s. It felt like a massive downgrade and I would have been pissed if it wasn't a Saver Business ticket and paid full fare. I would upgrade the A380 part and just sit in coach in the 777 tbh.

I didn't use chauffeur drive because I'm from the Netherlands (Rotterdam) but düsseldorf tends to be cheaper in the hundreds of € compared to Amsterdam. Lounge in Düsseldorf is nothing to write home about neither.

From home to Asia I never get upgrade offers only when going back for some reason.

Edit : I seem to have made it to Silver despite being 1500 tier miles short, can I use the lounge at BKK?

Last edited by Denizz; Sep 1, 18 at 4:18 am
Old Sep 1, 18, 5:59 am

Forgot to add, yes this was on Flex. Ticket price BKK-DUS was €450 give and take.

I wish it was normally possible to buy business class on seperate legs. Inbound I flew to Hanoi from Düsseldorf. First part to DXB was great on an A380 but the second leg was on I think one of the oldest 777s. It felt like a massive downgrade and I would have been pissed if it wasn't a Saver Business ticket and paid full fare. I would upgrade the A380 part and just sit in coach in the 777 tbh.

I didn't use chauffeur drive because I'm from the Netherlands (Rotterdam) but düsseldorf tends to be cheaper in the hundreds of € compared to Amsterdam. Lounge in Düsseldorf is nothing to write home about neither.

From home to Asia I never get upgrade offers only when going back for some reason.

Edit : I seem to have made it to Silver despite being 1500 tier miles short, can I use the lounge at BKK?
No, as Silver you can use the lounges in Dubai (any of the four Business Class lounges)
Old Sep 2, 18, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by daisymay2 View Post
That was the seat I was referring to - hated it!
I'm surprised, for me it is the best of both worlds. You have a window seat (lean and sleep against) but with direct aisle access and if people do congregate next to the door you are still far enough back that it doesn't matter. I have also never noticed the cold in this seat.
Old Sep 26, 18, 12:24 pm

Just got an offer to upgrade from Economy Saver to Business on DXB-BKK for €383,-.
To be honest I'm quite curious about EK's C-class. On the other hand I think €383 is quite some money. Should I take it?
Old Sep 26, 18, 3:51 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HJBoeing View Post
Just got an offer to upgrade from Economy Saver to Business on DXB-BKK for €383,-.
To be honest I'm quite curious about EK's C-class. On the other hand I think €383 is quite some money. Should I take it?
Only you can answer that...
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old Oct 29, 18, 7:46 am

EK DXB-SFO for $1050

Did not get an email but got an offer to upgrade DXB to SFO on A380 for $1050 inclusive of taxes from saver fare to J during checkin. No chauffeur or lounge access.

I did not add my skywards number as I don’t have status. Instead entered my AS MVP Gold number

Search this Thread
Search Engine: