Upgrade emails offers FAQ

Old Jun 12, 18, 10:42 am
  #196  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,771
Originally Posted by spec119 View Post
Currently
J7 C7 I7 O0 Y is showing 9 up to L
very similar to the EK16 except O is 7 & P5 so I guess some lower fare J buckets available I don't think BKK flights are very full the 384 seems the busiest - seems to be 18 unoccupied seats on the 384 about 24 on the 16
P is the discounted upgrade bucket, not a revenue fare, it means 5 people can still snatch the upgrade offer.
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Jun 12, 18, 10:55 am
  #197  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Surrey, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Posts: 502
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
P is the discounted upgrade bucket, not a revenue fare, it means 5 people can still snatch the upgrade offer.
Good to know you are quite right as it is now showing P4
spec119 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 18, 12:18 pm
  #198  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Surrey, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Posts: 502
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Email offer is never for more than one leg, subject to status BKK flights are decent for op-ups but not sure if they're full right now.
My email offer was for 3 legs but only visible when you clicked the upgrade me button I'm hoping EK384 on 16th will be on offer as it's the only leg in Y :-(
spec119 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 18, 1:06 pm
  #199  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 28
Hi All,

I have asked this question in another thread that I made, but thought to ask it here (again) as it seems like the more appropriate place to do so.

I'm flying on EK J class from YYZ to DXB onto my final destination and my return is is F class (paid upgrade from J).

I'm departing in approximately one month from now, and I spoke to the EK customer service about a possible email upgrade offer. They told me that from Canada it's essentially the same pricing structure as it is from the U.S. As of now, the upgrade price is ~ $1800 (I only paid $900 from J to F for my return), however the agent on the phone told me that the U.S. J to F upgrades via email offer are usually about $900 and that if I get the email, it will be for the same.

Can anyone confirm this? As of now, only 4-5 out of 12 suites are taken on my route when I last checked. I did ask the agent that in the case that there are 1-2 suites left, would I still be sent an email upgrade offer and she said no.

She also told me that if you try and upgrading at the airport, it'll be a much higher price - any confirmation on this?

If anyone can give me some tips or help, I'd really appreciate it!
flyer_sam is offline  
Old Jun 12, 18, 4:52 pm
  #200  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: BAEC Bronze
Posts: 99
Originally Posted by m3red View Post


thats good - recent man Dxb offers have been around 450

Just had the same price offer 358 MAN-DXB from Y to J.. we are 4 pax so need to ask a friend at EK about the flight loads as they have been having a lot of empty seats in Y from MAN-DXB recently so much so that they are looking at dropping one A380 for a 777 for a while. If we can get 6 seats between 2 Adts and 2Chd i.e. ill not bother with the U/G.No lounge access or chauffeur. if if was just me and Mrs MS we already be booking our J seats!!!
MARTINSWIN is offline  
Old Jun 12, 18, 7:14 pm
  #201  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Surrey, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Posts: 502
Originally Posted by MARTINSWIN View Post
Just had the same price offer 358 MAN-DXB from Y to J.. we are 4 pax so need to ask a friend at EK about the flight loads as they have been having a lot of empty seats in Y from MAN-DXB recently so much so that they are looking at dropping one A380 for a 777 for a while. If we can get 6 seats between 2 Adts and 2Chd i.e. ill not bother with the U/G.No lounge access or chauffeur. if if was just me and Mrs MS we already be booking our J seats!!!
had the same price for the return bkk dxb was just 269 inc chauffeur
spec119 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 18, 10:19 pm
  #202  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,771
Originally Posted by spec119 View Post
My email offer was for 3 legs but only visible when you clicked the upgrade me button I'm hoping EK384 on 16th will be on offer as it's the only leg in Y :-(
3 legs may have had availability but the price is per leg, is what I meant. And each leg has its own independent availability.
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Jun 12, 18, 10:20 pm
  #203  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,771
Originally Posted by flyer_sam View Post
Hi All,

I have asked this question in another thread that I made, but thought to ask it here (again) as it seems like the more appropriate place to do so.

I'm flying on EK J class from YYZ to DXB onto my final destination and my return is is F class (paid upgrade from J).

I'm departing in approximately one month from now, and I spoke to the EK customer service about a possible email upgrade offer. They told me that from Canada it's essentially the same pricing structure as it is from the U.S. As of now, the upgrade price is ~ $1800 (I only paid $900 from J to F for my return), however the agent on the phone told me that the U.S. J to F upgrades via email offer are usually about $900 and that if I get the email, it will be for the same.

Can anyone confirm this? As of now, only 4-5 out of 12 suites are taken on my route when I last checked. I did ask the agent that in the case that there are 1-2 suites left, would I still be sent an email upgrade offer and she said no.

She also told me that if you try and upgrading at the airport, it'll be a much higher price - any confirmation on this?

If anyone can give me some tips or help, I'd really appreciate it!
Never heard of a J-F upgrade offer, have you ever had one?

At airport it's always the full fare difference
florin likes this.
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Jun 12, 18, 10:48 pm
  #204  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Upgrade email

hiih ,i was offer an upgrade to business class with my upcoming flight from Sg to Dubai , at SGD535 , wondering it is worth it to take the offer ? i have another connecting coming up from Dubai to Milan though , and that will remain as economy .

Thanks.
elaineteo is offline  
Old Jun 13, 18, 12:17 am
  #205  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Surrey, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Posts: 502
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
3 legs may have had availability but the price is per leg, is what I meant. And each leg has its own independent availability.
yes of course you are spot on as always :-)
spec119 is offline  
Old Jun 13, 18, 12:31 am
  #206  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 28
I've never heard of it as well, but apparently and according to Emirates customer service, if the cabin has 3 or more suites available, they do send out the emails? :/
flyer_sam is offline  
Old Jun 13, 18, 3:00 am
  #207  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 15,512
Originally Posted by MARTINSWIN View Post
Just had the same price offer 358 MAN-DXB from Y to J.. we are 4 pax so need to ask a friend at EK about the flight loads as they have been having a lot of empty seats in Y from MAN-DXB recently so much so that they are looking at dropping one A380 for a 777 for a while. If we can get 6 seats between 2 Adts and 2Chd i.e. ill not bother with the U/G.No lounge access or chauffeur. if if was just me and Mrs MS we already be booking our J seats!!!
This has happened already during Ramadan. The morning flight is a 777.
DYKWIA is offline  
Old Jun 13, 18, 8:52 pm
  #208  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Australia
Programs: QF
Posts: 931
Originally Posted by eminere View Post
If your flight is marketed by another airline (carries that airline's flight number) does this automatically make you ineligible to receive upgrade offers?
Bump. Anyone can advise on this?
eminere is offline  
Old Jun 14, 18, 3:28 am
  #209  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Surrey, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Posts: 502
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
P is the discounted upgrade bucket, not a revenue fare, it means 5 people can still snatch the upgrade offer.
Just noticed EK384 16th June not offered in the email upgrade is now showing p7 is a likely scenario they will send another email offer
spec119 is offline  
Old Jun 14, 18, 4:13 am
  #210  
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sydney
Programs: EK Gold, IHG Plat, QF SG, HH Gold, KLM FB
Posts: 928
Originally Posted by eminere View Post
Bump. Anyone can advise on this?
Yes, however there is a chance that any unsold email upgrade offers may be offered at check in (if you ask and get there early). Have purchased an upgrade ex-UK on a QF flight number.
eminere likes this.
sydtogla is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: