Upgrade emails offers FAQ

Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by diss50
Apologies for the delay, not long back and switched off from the cyber world whilst on trip. We did get an upgrade at the gate in DXB, a welcome surprise after taking the business offer GLA-DXB (bearing in mine we had a Y flex & both silvers). 14hrs in Business to SYD was excellent and a big relief as we were dreading the flight after the initial luxurious hop.

On the way home SYD-DXB, a couple in front of us received a bump up at gate as we boarded, as we were Y saver tickets, unfortunately we were at the back end of the op-up queue! Any idea how many pax were op-up'd on this flight? EK415 on 17-Jan-2018.

How did you fair on your flight - did you get bumped up?
I was on that flight - EK415 on the 17th. There were a few spaces still in J so they must not have oversold as much in Y for that particular flight. I used 125,000 miles upgrading both ways from economy flex + only to see so many OP-Ups! I'll probably chance my luck next time I take this flight or pay for J but fly to Brisbane as it was 800 quid cheaper last time I checked.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:16 am

Anyone know if they send Email upgrade offers from economy to business on ek210 ewr-ath and ek209 ath-ewr. What is offer upgrade cost?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: TK Elite; BA Gold; FB Platinum; QR Gold; EK Silver; IHG Spire Amb; HH Platinum; SPG Gold
Quick question. I received the email for upgrade offer from Eco to Bus. Which tier miles i get if i went ahead with it. The original Economy or the Business? I don't mind it about lounge access as i have it and not interested in the Chauffeur drive.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Lordhak
Quick question. I received the email for upgrade offer from Eco to Bus. Which tier miles i get if i went ahead with it. The original Economy or the Business? I don't mind it about lounge access as i have it and not interested in the Chauffeur drive.
Discounted upgrade that doesn't include lounge access and CD earns at the original booking class's rates
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: TK Elite; BA Gold; FB Platinum; QR Gold; EK Silver; IHG Spire Amb; HH Platinum; SPG Gold
Thanks then the amount is not worth it for the sector i was offered. If it would have earned the business tier miles it would have been worth maybe.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Lordhak
Thanks then the amount is not worth it for the sector i was offered. If it would have earned the business tier miles it would have been worth maybe.
Out of curiosity, how much was the ask and what was the route?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:13 am

If your flight is marketed by another airline (carries that airline's flight number) does this automatically make you ineligible to receive upgrade offers?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Just had an offer of GBP358 LGW-DXB from Y to J which seems a good price but to suffer my 384 in Y DXB-BKK is a bitter pill wonder will they offer this in an email is it normal to have seperate emails per sector or do they usually offer the connecting flight if available in the same mail?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by spec119
Just had an offer of GBP358 LGW-DXB from Y to J which seems a good price but to suffer my 384 in Y DXB-BKK is a bitter pill wonder will they offer this in an email is it normal to have seperate emails per sector or do they usually offer the connecting flight if available in the same mail?
Email offer is never for more than one leg, subject to status BKK flights are decent for op-ups but not sure if they're full right now.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Email offer is never for more than one leg, subject to status BKK flights are decent for op-ups but not sure if they're full right now.

Currently
J7 C7 I7 O0 Y is showing 9 up to L
very similar to the EK16 except O is 7 & P5 so I guess some lower fare J buckets available I don't think BKK flights are very full the 384 seems the busiest - seems to be 18 unoccupied seats on the 384 about 24 on the 16

Last edited by spec119; Jun 12, 2018 at 7:27 am
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:11 am

thats good - recent man Dxb offers have been around £450
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by m3red

thats good - recent man Dxb offers have been around £450
IF I thought there was a chance of an offer on the 384 to BKK I'd grab it
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:30 am

Well I was able to upgrade the almost entire flights LGW-DXB and BKK-LGW for 985

no offer for EK384 unfortunately
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:35 am

Well I was able to upgrade the almost entire flights LGW-DXB and BKK-LGW for 985

no offer for EK384 unfortunately
Other odd thing it is offering me chauffer from BKK and LGW I thought that was excluded from email upgrades
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: LH M&M FTL. Ex-FB Silver and AA-Gold
As a blue member, I received an email today for Y to J upgrade BRU-DXB on 30 June (18 days from now) for 441€. I would have hoped for such an offer on the onward journey to KUL, but no emails so far. BRU-DXB seems wide open (which is odd considering the date) so I assume they want to sell their J capacity. Not sure if the upgrade for the 6.5h flight is worth the money...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.