Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade emails offers FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by m3red
The offer was 1800 as some friends had it recently - no way would they offer that flight for only 1000AED.
They offered me 1400aed DXB-MRU (email upgrade) and I took it.

I had the same problem as mentioned below, the link in the email was never working at all. I called the support and explained my problem, and the nice woman on the phone managed to upgrade me on the phone.

I received the same offer for the return and I am considering taking it, but the new link is still not working. Don't know why..
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by simonoch
I had the same problem as mentioned below, the link in the email was never working at all. I called the support and explained my problem, and the nice woman on the phone managed to upgrade me on the phone.
Did exactly the same thing to me, received the offer but the link didn't work. Once you log in it says "this offer can only be used by those Skywards members it was sent directly to" or similar. Called the contact centre, answered in seconds, he took my details, I did have to send a screenshot, and I got an email about 30mins later confirming the upgrade had taken place. I got a miles offer and a cash offer in the same email...burned the miles with no hesitation!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by simonoch
They offered me 1400aed DXB-MRU (email upgrade) and I took it.

I received the same offer for the return and I am considering taking it, but the new link is still not working. Don't know why..
Well there you go. Not too good to be true after all!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:06 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...e-upgrade.html
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Stephenk82
I got a miles offer and a cash offer in the same email...burned the miles with no hesitation!
Was the miles offer lower than the standard miles upgrade cost?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by extramileage
I recently flew from CAI-DXB and the email offer I got was 35% off a one way mileage redemption going from Y-J

this reduced the miles needed from around 19k to 12K which I accepted as it was the overnight flight
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: Skywards silver
Does the OLCI upgrade offers if available get offered on all formats of check in? IE- Web, mobile and app check in? Or only just on web? Sounds a silly question but just checking as emirates IT can be funny sometimes.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by extramileage
Yes - it was 'save 33%' - so i jumped! All that I lost was the chauffeur, as I have everything else with Gold. Quick and cheap uber sorted that out!
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:08 am

Paid Ł480.00 in Nov 16 for wife's 'saver' ticket MAN-BKK depart MAN 11th Aug 17 (now Ł850.00 on Emirates website)
Wife received email upgrade offer on 28th July from Y to J of Ł380 for MAN-DXB sector. Accepted the offer same day.
Upgrade does not have Chauffeur /lounge / extra miles. Wife has no status except being on my family blue.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
I'm Flying NCL-DXB tomorrow then on to hong Kong the following evening , returning late August. I booked in the winter sale and got a fantastic fare of Ł337 return.
I checked in for my flight yesterday online and got a message stating exclusive offer upgrade to J for Ł374 per sector. Since the DXV- HKG sector departs DXB at 18:25 and arrives at 6:20 the following morning I thought that this was a good deal, since inleast Ill have a bed for an overnight flight and a few glasses of Moet to help me sleep!!! Again the offer stated that I don't get chauffeur drive or lounge access with the offer, not a big deal for me as I have EK silver status so can access the Emirates lounge in DXB anyway
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Online check in upgrade offer to J

Hi guys,

Just got an offer during online check in for my 2nd leg (DXB-DAC) Dhaka and took it. It was a steal at Ł154!
Will I get lounge access at DXB?

I know my LGW portion won't as I'm still in economy. Although I've noticed my tickets now state economy flex despite booking saver.

From what I've read, economy flex tickets have a good chance of any upgrade, is this correct?

Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:04 am

Special offer upgrades generally do not come with lounge access usually, but that would depend on the specific offer.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:15 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by dood125
Hi guys,

Just got an offer during online check in for my 2nd leg (DXB-DAC) Dhaka and took it. It was a steal at Ł154!
Will I get lounge access at DXB?

I know my LGW portion won't as I'm still in economy. Although I've noticed my tickets now state economy flex despite booking saver.

From what I've read, economy flex tickets have a good chance of any upgrade, is this correct?

Thanks!
If, as your profile states, you are EK SIlver, you will have lounge access in DXB anyway. If you're not Silver then there will also be the option of paying $100 if you so wish

Hope you enjoy your flights.
​​​​​​​
S
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Sorry, it's for my brother who is blue.
dam it, conditions state no longer access. Oh well, what can you do! Not really worth another $100 for lounge entry
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, SAS, Krisflyer, Royal Orchid Plus
I assume the infamous code field is gone? I cant find it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.