Upgrade emails offers FAQ

Old Jul 18, 17, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAEC
Do Emirates tend to offer cash upgrades at the desk under any sort of deal, or is it generally paying the fare difference?

Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 17, 10:44 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by londonba2014 View Post
Do Emirates tend to offer cash upgrades at the desk under any sort of deal, or is it generally paying the fare difference?

Thanks!
In outstations yes usually j to F around 400 for uk to Dxb when j is generally empty.
Old Jul 19, 17, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by m3red View Post
In outstations yes usually j to F around 400 for uk to Dxb when j is generally empty.
Do you know what Y to J tends to be or indeed if?
Old Jul 19, 17, 2:59 am

Are email upgrades valid on the lowest fares where you have to pay for seat? I got one email lately but I was unable to upgrade it. Upon clicking on the link (immediately after I got email), there was a system message showing up about inability to upgrade. It was also the first time I got such email for 2pax+1kid booking.

Also what about 3rd party flight bookings? Does EK sends such upgrade emails for bookings made not directly via them?
Old Jul 19, 17, 3:26 am

Programs: Skywards, Silver
I once got an upgrade offer from Y to J while I was waiting at check-in at CPH. The manager basically came up to random people in the line (mainly those like myself who looked like typical business men) and offered an upgrade to J for 300 CPH-DXB.
During the same period, I also got emails offering an upgrade to J on the same route for only 25.000 miles.

No wonder. J was practically empty. I think most of us up there were upgrades.
Old Jul 19, 17, 8:18 am

Sorry I meant y to j.

J to F is the fare difference only.
Old Jul 19, 17, 8:24 am

Sorry I meant y to j.

J to F is the fare difference only.
One major exception is ex-US where they'll sometimes do a fixed price J-F upgrade (never seen at JFK though): I was offered 1200 USD J-F ex-IAD.
Old Jul 19, 17, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit View Post
One major exception is ex-US where they'll sometimes do a fixed price J-F upgrade (never seen at JFK though): I was offered 1200 USD J-F ex-IAD.
I've never flown to the USA with EK - that's probably a good deal given how much flights cost from there.

I just paid 2k aed from flex plus J to F for Hkg Dxb man

Happy with that!
Old Jul 19, 17, 9:41 am

I've never flown to the USA with EK - that's probably a good deal given how much flights cost from there.

I just paid 2k aed from flex plus J to F for Hkg Dxb man

Happy with that!
To be fair this was an couple of years ago so there was probably some spare capacity!
Old Jul 21, 17, 12:08 am

Programs: Qantas FF, Korean Air, Emirates FF, Mariott, IHG, Hilton
Been a Skywards member for about 4 years and my dad 7 - neither of us have ever received an email
Old Jul 21, 17, 1:51 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Been flying EK 4 times a month for 13 years and only got my first one this week (get loads of upgrade offers at online Check in though). It was 1800 aed nrt-dxb economy flex to J which is quite a good deal I thought. Anyway clicked on the offer only to be told that no seats were available!
Old Jul 22, 17, 10:55 pm

Emirates offered me upgrade

I have flight in 10 days and Emirates sent me an email offering me a upgrade to Business class for $1000 only from NYC-DXB. This upgrade does not include lounge access, chauffeur or any extra baggage allowance. Is this deal worth it?
Old Jul 22, 17, 11:37 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by ssgtusmc96 View Post
I have flight in 10 days and Emirates sent me an email offering me a upgrade to Business class for $1000 only from NYC-DXB. This upgrade does not include lounge access, chauffeur or any extra baggage allowance. Is this deal worth it?
This is the standard USA-DXB or DXB-USA upgrade offer. It really depends on what you consider "worth it." In general, if you are connecting in DXB, it works out to be cheaper than a one way business saver but maybe not flex. If DXB is your final destination then it is definitely cheaper than booking in paid business. For me personally, the CD is not as important as the lounge and seat upgrade, but reasonable minds may differ. I have taken them up on it a couple times and never regretted it, but I also had lounge access through status so it made the decision easier. One way you could look at it now that EK is offering lounge access for $100 is: "would you pay $1100 if it included lounge access?"
Old Jul 23, 17, 12:13 am

I have had a couple of very strange upgrade offers from EK recently, offering upgrade to business for around 1000 AED ($350) on DXB-MRU, which appeared impossible to accept when clicking through. I can only assume their email marketing platform was being tested and was sending out rogue offers, because the offer was so good, it was surely too good to be true.
Old Jul 23, 17, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Elduderhino View Post
I have had a couple of very strange upgrade offers from EK recently, offering upgrade to business for around 1000 AED ($350) on DXB-MRU, which appeared impossible to accept when clicking through. I can only assume their email marketing platform was being tested and was sending out rogue offers, because the offer was so good, it was surely too good to be true.
The offer was 1800 as some friends had it recently - no way would they offer that flight for only 1000AED.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: