Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Global Sale now on - extra 10% discount for Skywards members

Emirates Global Sale now on - extra 10% discount for Skywards members

Old Jan 3, 12, 2:52 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Emirates gets slap on wrist for fares sale in Qatar

In the news today, guess QR weren't too happy about this....

"Dubai’s Emirates Airline has been forced to scrap its new year ticket sale in Qatar after failing to secure pre-approval for the promotion from the Gulf emirate’s government.

Emirates received a notification from the local Qatari Civil Aviation Authority… to stop the sale with immediate effect,” said Ahmed Khoory, senior vice president for commercial operations for the Gulf, Middle East and Iran. “Emirates… has subsequently stopped the offer within Qatar.”
Old Jan 3, 12, 5:02 am

Also took advantage of this offer to buy 2 MXP-DXB-HKG J tix for 3571 euros.

Just would like to ask the EK experts if this global sales offer is an annual event or a rare good deal?

Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 12, 1:55 pm

I am trying to purchase YYZ-Dar travel around end of june. I can't seem to get a hold of any promotional fares, my agent can't see to get any either. Any other way around this? or am I just out of luck?

Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 4, 12, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by abbaslakha View Post
I am trying to purchase YYZ-Dar travel around end of june. I can't seem to get a hold of any promotional fares, my agent can't see to get any either. Any other way around this? or am I just out of luck?

Thanks for the help.
Welcome to FT!

The 10% extra is only available online while the ''sale" fares are available to everyone.

EK is offering sale fares to DAR which are:

eco 1200CAD + tax
biz 4500CAD + tax

If you book on www.emirates.com you will pay less than those prices after tax because of the additional discount. Getting seats from YYZ is hard. If you want to save money, try flights via JFK. I am flying via JFK for my flights from YYZ end Jan. It's more hassle but I saved $500+.

The sale is valid till June 30th, so dates are not the issue.
Old Jan 4, 12, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan View Post
Welcome to FT!

The 10% extra is only available online while the ''sale" fares are available to everyone.

eco 1200CAD + tax
biz 4500CAD + tax

If you book on www.emirates.com you will pay less than those prices after tax because of the additional discount. Getting seats from YYZ is hard. If you want to save money, try flights via JFK. I am flying via JFK for my flights from YYZ end Jan. It's more hassle but I saved $500+.

Thanks so much for the welcome.

When I look up fares from June 27 departure from JFK i get around $1900+. Does that mean the lower fare class is sold out?

Maybe I waited too long? Any other suggestions?
Old Jan 4, 12, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan View Post
Welcome to FT!

eco 1200CAD + tax
biz 4500CAD + tax

When I look up fares from June 27 departure from JFK i get around $1900+. Does that mean the lower fare class is sold out?

Yes, the sale fares out of JFK and YYZ for most of June are now gone.
Old Jan 4, 12, 10:38 pm

Availability is an issue. But another issue is that travel must be completed by June 30th 2012 (I misread the rules before.)
Old Jan 4, 12, 10:41 pm

I think the 'travel must completed by 30 June' is a new one or market specific because I was able to price DXB-BEY-DXB on those special fares departing 30 June and returning mid August.
Old Jan 4, 12, 10:47 pm

First international leg must be before 30 June with subsequent legs as per fare rules (most cases 4 months). But V inventory is very limited so everything is already sold out. Try ex SEA or DFW and maybe you'll find a cheap fare.
Old Jan 7, 12, 6:26 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by Mao8 View Post
Also took advantage of this offer to buy 2 MXP-DXB-HKG J tix for 3571 euros.

Just would like to ask the EK experts if this global sales offer is an annual event or a rare good deal?

Thanks!
I personally cannot recall a deal as good as this in the last few years.
Old Jan 7, 12, 7:50 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
Originally Posted by Mao8 View Post
a rare good deal?
I would assume that.
Old Jan 7, 12, 9:14 am

Programs: EK Plat, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by mrtdxb View Post
I personally cannot recall a deal as good as this in the last few years.
mrtdxb,

You have been here as long as I have, they didn't need to! back in 09 EK was rockin as they are today!

In my opinion they are just rocking the boat a bit to gain even MORE customer base (very similar to a Groupon strategy...)

-Phil
Old Jan 7, 12, 12:10 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Continental OnePass, BA Executive Club, Tesco ;)
Booked!

CAI-DXB-DFW-DXB-CAI in J outbound / F inbound for AED 10,000

Tried to do both ways F (extra 2.5k AED) but sadly no availability on date required.

101,000 miles!!
Old Jan 7, 12, 5:14 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Marriott Titanium, GHA Black
FCO-->DXB-->PVG roundtrip in F for 2 people. 2290 EUR each. 3 flights out of 4 on A380.

Thank you Lufthansa for killing out bmi - now I'm free to book on an airline that I actually enjoy to fly
Old Jan 7, 12, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante View Post
FCO-->DXB-->PVG roundtrip in F for 2 people. 2290 EUR each. 3 flights out of 4 on A380.

Thank you Lufthansa for killing out bmi - now I'm free to book on an airline that I actually enjoy to fly
Hey, that rhymes!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: