Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Global Sale now on - extra 10% discount for Skywards members

Emirates Global Sale now on - extra 10% discount for Skywards members

Old Dec 26, 11, 12:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I see Australia gets stiffed again. Why is the discount not applicable for flights ex Australia?
Old Dec 26, 11, 1:54 am

Programs: Emirates, Qantas
Try using the code AUSKW12 which seems to be applicable to us.

I'm not sure what the 'additional' or 'extra' discount means because
the prices only deduct a straight 10% from the normal fare.

What isn't a good idea is to look at the cost of a return journey
from Australia to, say, Europe but do your destination to Australia (ie reverse the journey). In my case my planned PER - VCE - PER is $6,843 business Flex, but VCE - PER - VCE is 3,100 Euros (around $4,030) just a little different.
Why is it so. Marketing etc. Population with no other choice than to be screwed ?
Old Dec 26, 11, 2:06 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Originally Posted by johnny28 View Post
Population with no other choice than to be screwed ?
Well that's not quite right, if you're smart.

Buy a ticket on an LCC to SIN/KUL/BKK for about $400 round-trip and then the world's your oyster.

Don't be ripped off by these legacy airlines (unless, of course, you want to).
Old Dec 26, 11, 2:41 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mrtdxb View Post
My DXB-AKL-DXB in F showed as Flex during booking process, Flex on MMB (even now) and Saver on my eTicket ... but even if I end up with 50% of the points I am happy as it cost me 50% of what I paid the first time round ...
Yeah same here, however I don't see it as being a glitch somehow because other fares do show up as saver during the booking process. Given its endorsed in the eticket then can't really claim the miles credit.
Old Dec 26, 11, 2:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Budley View Post
Well that's not quite right, if you're smart.

Buy a ticket on an LCC to SIN/KUL/BKK for about $400 round-trip and then the world's your oyster.

Don't be ripped off by these legacy airlines (unless, of course, you want to).

Yeah already worked out that one. A return trip from SIN to say LHR is around $6500 in F which is great. I just get peeved by airlines constantly ripping us off with high prices ex AUS across the board.
Old Dec 26, 11, 12:11 pm

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Most of the cheaper fares seem to have disappeared. BOM-LHR fare which was around 40% cheaper than the original fare are now showing only 15% cheaper. Apparently good things don't seem to last long . . .
Old Dec 26, 11, 1:02 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Aeroplan, Club Carlson Silver, Hilton Honor Silver
Originally Posted by mrtdxb View Post
My DXB-AKL-DXB in F showed as Flex during booking process, Flex on MMB (even now) and Saver on my eTicket ... but even if I end up with 50% of the points I am happy as it cost me 50% of what I paid the first time round ...
So does it offer only Saver miles in J and F? I booked a DXB-LHR return in J a few months ago, but now it is offering the same flights for $900 less. I was considering cancelling and rebooking, but I will not if it means I shall only get Saver miles, and I suspect that I would lose my upgrade on points to F DXB-LHR.
Old Dec 26, 11, 8:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by JTXC View Post
So does it offer only Saver miles in J and F? I booked a DXB-LHR return in J a few months ago, but now it is offering the same flights for $900 less. I was considering cancelling and rebooking, but I will not if it means I shall only get Saver miles, and I suspect that I would lose my upgrade on points to F DXB-LHR.
It would certainly appear so. I also picked up a DXB-LHR-DXB for late January in J on A380 both ways for Aed8,600 and it showed Saver miles all the way. I priced up F as well and it came to approx Aed17,000 and showed saver miles. And yes, at least as far as I know, you would have start over with the points upgrade and run the risk of losing out.
Old Dec 26, 11, 9:13 pm

If I need to change the 1st sector after the sale has ended will I be liable to pay the fare difference to the non sale price? I know many western airlines do this but I am not sure if / dont think EK does.
Old Dec 26, 11, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan View Post
If I need to change the 1st sector after the sale has ended will I be liable to pay the fare difference to the non sale price? I know many western airlines do this but I am not sure if / dont think EK does.
Yes, good point. For changes before departure, EK will reprice the itinerary to the new fare. This is usually captured in the fare rules when applicable.

Though, for the 10% discount, the published fare is still whatever it normally is. So, if you change departure to another date in the same fare bucket, you won't have to pay the fare difference, as there is none.
Old Dec 26, 11, 10:08 pm

The fares I'm looking at expire Jan 9th and I won't know my dates till after that.

I called EK and they said as long as the rbd doesn't change and the ticket is within the validity of the original ticket I am only charged a date change fee and not fare difference. I don't know if I trust the agent though!

Code:
[Sales Restrictions]
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 25DEC11 AND ON/BEFORE
09JAN12.
Old Dec 27, 11, 2:29 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan View Post
Yes, this has happened to me just the other day when i tried to change a ticket ( i purchased a F ticket with 53% discount).
I was able to change all the other sectors, but not the first flight. Luckily, i am ok with the first sector (wanted to move it one day earlier), so that is ok.
You can change the flights as much as you want after you fly the first sector (given that you have no change fees).
Old Dec 27, 11, 4:01 am

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
I was able to change all the other sectors, but not the first flight
I think they may allow it if you are just a day or two off from the sale end date - depends on whether the fares are still available.

I also purchased an F ticket @ 53% discount and spoke with the contact center on the 15th (sale officially ended on the 14th) to allow me to move the entire itinerary 1 week earlier. They did it without any penalties or fare difference.

I looked at the prices and they hadn't changed - apparently while the sale officially closed on the 14th, they still had the sale prices going until the next few days.

So, my guess is if you call them while the sale prices are still available though "officially" the sale is supposed to have ended, they may still allow you to change the first leg without any penalties.
Old Dec 28, 11, 10:49 am

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
I tried to use this code but...

5 mins ago it applied for 10% discounts for my Y ticket booking, but now it shows,

"Please check all information provided for this CUGO and click Find Flights"

Is this promotion finished??
Old Dec 28, 11, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by bearteacher View Post
5 mins ago it applied for 10% discounts for my Y ticket booking, but now it shows,

"Please check all information provided for this CUGO and click Find Flights"

Is this promotion finished??
Should be available until the 9th January and still working OK for me. I am accessing via the Global web site, as opposed to a country specific one, in case that makes a difference.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: