FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   chauffer service in Uk - EK newbie seeks info (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1294133-chauffer-service-uk-ek-newbie-seeks-info.html)

colcol Dec 22, 2011 12:36 pm

chauffer service in Uk - EK newbie seeks info

I am travelling in EK F in the new year out of london gatwick. flight booked through travel agent in uk.
I have looked at manage my booking on ek website but most information is hidden including details of car pickup and its timing.
apart from going back to my travel agent, is there any way I can check online that the pickup detais are correct eg pickup location and timing?

mrtdxb Dec 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by colcol (Post 17676005)
I am travelling in EK F in the new year out of london gatwick. flight booked through travel agent in uk.
I have looked at manage my booking on ek website but most information is hidden including details of car pickup and its timing.
apart from going back to my travel agent, is there any way I can check online that the pickup detais are correct eg pickup location and timing?

IIRC if you select edit or somesuch in the car booking section you can then see what is there. You can then save and continue.

colcol Dec 23, 2011 1:13 am

thanks

thanks but I tried this without success. I will try again.

Zol Dec 23, 2011 3:53 am

Originally Posted by colcol (Post 17679385)
thanks but I tried this without success. I will try again.

That won't work, it will just show you "on file". You need to call EK

colcol Dec 24, 2011 12:33 pm

tks

K26 - many thanks - will ring ek nearer my departure date.

colcol Feb 15, 2014 12:00 pm

flying emirates again

I am about to book another EK flight LHR to SYD. I understand the london car service is now reduced to 70 miles. I also heard that this is now a radius from the airport rather than distance by road.

is this correct and in any case what does EK charge for excess miles?

Schwert Feb 15, 2014 12:08 pm

EK "newbie"??

Originally Posted by colcol (Post 17676005)

Stating program: EK Gold???

diontd Feb 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Schwert (Post 22354231)
Stating program: EK Gold???

the OP was probably a newbie when he first started this thread, which was just over 2 yrs ago, but has now traveled enough for Skywards Gold

Seat64A Feb 15, 2014 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by colcol (Post 22354199)
I am about to book another EK flight LHR to SYD. I understand the london car service is now reduced to 70 miles. I also heard that this is now a radius from the airport rather than distance by road.

is this correct and in any case what does EK charge for excess miles?

Yes, correct.

Not sure about excess miles. I have seen excess miles' information on website.