Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Miles Accelerator mileage when not booked through EK site?

Old Dec 13, 11, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, BA, Emirates

I am trying to book ICN > NCL and according to the website it is eligible for miles accelerator mileage.

However I have found a cheaper fare (by $150) through Expedia

Am I still eligible to get the accelerator miles if I book through another site?

I called Emirates in Korea and they told I will still get the extra miles but I am unconvinced. Judging from what I read on the site, I can only get the extra miles if I book through emirates.com?

Need some confirmation please.

PS: I even asked about the "price guarantee" if I booked through emirates (and if they'd give me the difference back) but the agent had no clue even though it states it on emirates.com/KR)
Old Dec 13, 11, 9:41 pm

The Miles Accelerator enables you to earn more Skywards Miles when you fly with Emirates, irrespective of the fare you pay or where you buy your ticket.
This is direct from here:

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/d...celerator.aspx

You just have to make sure you log in to Skywards and register in a timely manner.
Old Dec 13, 11, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, BA, Emirates
thanks for the reply. Just wanted to double check as I want my miles
Old Dec 15, 11, 4:20 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Aeroplan, Club Carlson Silver, Marriott Silver
When I made a booking SFO-DXB-AMM in J, the EK website showed 6000 as a miles total accelerator bonus. When I booked the ticket on Expedia, immediately adding my Skywards number on the EK website, the miles accelerator bonus does not show up. I assume that one gets them only when booking direct with EK. I am not too upset about the loss of 6000 miles, since they are not tier miles.
Old Dec 15, 11, 4:51 pm

Programs: EK, BA, TK
As far as I can tell, Accelerator bonuses are given automatically when the ticket is booked via EK website.

However, if you book via a TA (or online TA), then you must 'opt-in' to that month's Accelerator program. I have a booking made via a TA that showed up first with no bonus mileage. However, after ticketing the reservation via TA, I discovered the sign-up for Accelerator and did so. Seeing as I did so in the same month as ticketing, MMB now shows the bonus mileage also... and I can only assume it'll be received, as I have yet to fly it.
Old Dec 17, 11, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by father_ted View Post
As far as I can tell, Accelerator bonuses are given automatically when the ticket is booked via EK website.

However, if you book via a TA (or online TA), then you must 'opt-in' to that month's Accelerator program. I have a booking made via a TA that showed up first with no bonus mileage. However, after ticketing the reservation via TA, I discovered the sign-up for Accelerator and did so. Seeing as I did so in the same month as ticketing, MMB now shows the bonus mileage also... and I can only assume it'll be received, as I have yet to fly it.
+1 this is my experience also.
Old Dec 17, 11, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by father_ted View Post
No, it is given for tickets TICKETED via the EK website.

I learned this to my detriment because all tickets booked online to/from Ghana require a personal visit to the Emirates office for ticketing. Even though the booking channel is actually Emirates.com, you do not get the Accelerator bonuses without manual registration.

Search this Thread