EK 384 - Sub par experience the norm?

Old Dec 12, 11, 1:53 am
Original Poster

EK 384 - Sub par experience the norm?

Somehow I caught myself booking F seat on BKK-HKG just for the novelty of the 380 experience...

I've been in the EK F Suite DXB-CPT before a couple of years ago and I thought the seat and service and food were all great.

Silly me I've flooded my poor little mind with doubts, having now read some worrisome trip reports on this sector.

Anyone care to get my hopes up for a nice - but short - F experience?
Old Dec 12, 11, 4:56 am

Programs: EK Plat, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by maxmin View Post
Somehow I caught myself booking F seat on BKK-HKG just for the novelty of the 380 experience...

I've been in the EK F Suite DXB-CPT before a couple of years ago and I thought the seat and service and food were all great.

Silly me I've flooded my poor little mind with doubts, having now read some worrisome trip reports on this sector.

Anyone care to get my hopes up for a nice - but short - F experience?
In reality, the service is good. Food menu is better than the BKK-DXB leg (I'm not a fan of Breakfast...), the bar is open & you can take a shower. About the only you are missing is the PJ's...
Old Dec 12, 11, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pjm1300 View Post
In reality, the service is good. Food menu is better than the BKK-DXB leg (I'm not a fan of Breakfast...), the bar is open & you can take a shower. About the only you are missing is the PJ's...
and the amenity kits

Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 12, 2:39 am

Programs: V-Flyer Black
BKK-HKG First Shower

So I booked J/Business BKK-HKG...and am thinking of upgrading to F/First.

Can anyone confirm that the showers are open in F/First BKK-HKG from a recent flight experience? I have heard that on some of the short EK flights they do not allow First passengers to shower.

Thanks,

Ben
Old Feb 3, 12, 5:10 am

It was 8 months ago, but I used the shower on a HKG-BKK flight.
Old Feb 3, 12, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PimpNumOne View Post
So I booked J/Business BKK-HKG...and am thinking of upgrading to F/First.

Can anyone confirm that the showers are open in F/First BKK-HKG from a recent flight experience? I have heard that on some of the short EK flights they do not allow First passengers to shower.

Thanks,

Ben
Yes, I took the flight a couple of weeks ago. Shortly after I sat down, I was offered champagne and asked if I would like to take a shower.

The flight experience was excellent. Great service, fab food. I also took some US-HKG CX F flights and the EK food was about 100 times better. CX food is just awful.

I also persuaded them to give me some PJs and a ladies F amenity kit as presents for my wife Seems to be the same kit I had two years ago, a nice suede bag. However the mens' kits are the best in the sky - a full size leather mens bag, really nice!

Bon voyage!

Last edited by maxmin; Feb 3, 12 at 10:17 am Reason: typos breeding like rabbits

Search this Thread