How did EK Spoil it 4 you in 2011

Old Dec 11, 11, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
How did EK Spoil it 4 you in 2011??

Hi EK Mates,

Since this year of EK flying is coming to end.

Lets share how did EK play a spoilsport or worse in your travels???

Pls try & specific & as genuine as you can in your posts.

I am sure that EK is monitoring FT so let this be the collective source of the mother of all ills Who Knows????

I myself promise to post atleast 5 different incidents that I have been through 2011 despite being an I/O and doing it all in revenue F

Don't be shy. Come out & let everyone know. We all want to know.

Cheers & Safe Flying

EGT

Last edited by ELITEGOLDTRAVELLER; Dec 11, 11 at 6:38 pm
Old Dec 11, 11, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
DME - DXB

Sector: DME - DXB Flight EK 132

Class: F

Seat: 1A

Config: Skycruiser

When (don't mention day of the flight pls): Week 1 DEC 2011

Rev paxs originally in F 2.

Result on take off is FULL flight. Crew berserk perhaps they never expected a full cabin this although its their job??? Plus this is a very high demanding & high yielding sector for EK. P.S the purser knows me well. Has flown SFO & LAX with me in last 7 months.

My seat BROKE after entering cruise mode. Was Reset 7 times. No result. Flight chocoblock.

Never slept on this flight although the only aim of taking this flight was to be able to sleep in the Suites because that is what EK runs on this flight usually however change of aircraft is acceptable but a broken seat with an OPUP full flight in F for a full revenue F pax is NOT acceptable.

Agree?????

I have been compensated WELL already but still this does not justify the EK policy of filling up premium cabins with OPUP's without making sure that REVENUE paxs get their full. This hurts & will hurt their premium business for sure.

Safe Flying

EGT
Old Dec 11, 11, 8:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
3 hours into a revenue F flight from DXB to SYD on A380 (approx 13 hours duration) there was only one choice of main course left - which I did not want. This is totally unacceptable for a Dine on Demand service. I packed my own food for the return as I did not want to even bother trying to see what they had left over for me.
Old Dec 12, 11, 12:29 am

Programs: EK Plat, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Sector: BKK - DXB A380

Class: F

Seat: 2A

Config: Suite

When (don't mention day of the flight pls): Week 25 OCT 2011

Full flight from BKK this evening. Was traveling from HAN and only wanted a good nights rest. 2 Hours in, lights started flashing, seat started to move from BED position to take off position, headphone volume went to MAX. Once I forced the doors open of the suite and found a FA (they where all sitting in the galley eating Godiva Chocolates) they where not even phased. They said "we had to reset the entire system because of 2 PAX in Y screens where not working, didn't some come tell you your seat will move and the lights will come one for 20 minutes or so?" NO!!!!! What the F&!!! I mentioned that now everyone in F was PISSED (it looked like a OCCUPYEK in the F cabin, people where PISSED OFF!!!)

Even if I was sleeping and you know my seat is going to fold me up like a taco and all the lights are going to come on at 100% than WAKE ME UP!

Very stupid flight crew to be honest, seemed like they where first day on the job...
Old Dec 12, 11, 12:51 am

I was going to start another thread for this but maybe I'll rant over here. Trying to fly EK over the next few weeks and the website won't sell me a ticket. It says Y is sold out, even though EF shows availability both with US and UK pos. and the seat map is quite empty. Very annoyed (but silly me for leaving this to mid December) as my dates are inflexible!
Old Dec 12, 11, 1:05 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
The general problem of excessive op ups causing probs for revenue pax is getting quite serious in the J cabin as well. 3 times this year I have had problematic service in a J cabin where op-ups exceeded no of revenue pax ...in catering, availability of bathroom amenities and ability of CC to attend to pax in a timely way.
Old Dec 12, 11, 1:35 am

Programs: SOUTHWEST A-LIST, HH GOLD, SPG GOLD, AA EXEC PLAT
For me, it is just about general declining service levels in J:

1. Inferior food offerings - esp the bread and mid meal snacks on long haul flights

2. Poor service - Not attending to service call button, not putting down the mattress.

3. No response to complaints - This is the worst of them all. Any feedback sent to them is just acknowledged with a form reply.
Old Dec 12, 11, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
I was going to start another thread for this but maybe I'll rant over here. Trying to fly EK over the next few weeks and the website won't sell me a ticket. It says Y is sold out, even though EF shows availability both with US and UK pos. and the seat map is quite empty. Very annoyed (but silly me for leaving this to mid December) as my dates are inflexible!
Just another reason to fly J or F!
Old Dec 12, 11, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by pjm1300 View Post
Just another reason to fly J or F!
Sure but Y costs what J normally would over the holidays. J prices are astronomical.
Old Dec 12, 11, 4:39 am

Xxxxx

Last edited by jiggyjig; Nov 25, 12 at 7:47 pm
Old Dec 12, 11, 4:54 am

Sure but Y costs what J normally would over the holidays. J prices are astronomical.
Tell me about it... I just paid 2100.00 USD for Y to JFK

x2 (for the wife...)

4200 Big Ones to back home for Christmas, hopefully my family is not too drunk by the time I get there to appreciate me coming home...
Old Dec 12, 11, 7:49 am

Programs: EK Blue
Full cabin in Y on DXB-KWI and meal was served 30 mins before landing....this is not enough time to be able to eat and enjoy a full meal especially if you are towards the back of the cabin, by the time you get your meal the FA's are coming back to collect trays preparing for landing.
Old Dec 12, 11, 9:13 am

You know, I was a little apprehensive when EGT started this thread. To be honest, I wasn't quite sure how it would benefit the wider EK community and EGT and I traded a couple of candid PM's about it.

Obviously, there are a few war stories out there - which I now realise are important to share. So, I'm happy to admit I was wrong in my premature judgement of these posts.

So feel free to vent. I'll just sit here and watch from the sidelines...
Old Dec 12, 11, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Blue
I only have 2 complaints with EK

1. If you always fly J and are Gold, there really is no discernable benefit to being Gold. Skywards is a joke with their high redemptions, so a few extra miles means nothing

2. The J lounge in DXB is also a joke - the toilet / shower ratio : pax is shocking and whoever picked the chairs - high arm rests which mean you can't comfortably use a laptop on your lap.

I know these are common complaints and nothing new, but I hope EK address them.
Old Dec 12, 11, 1:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by eightblack View Post
You know, I was a little apprehensive when EGT started this thread. To be honest, I wasn't quite sure how it would benefit the wider EK community and EGT and I traded a couple of candid PM's about it.

Obviously, there are a few war stories out there - which I now realise are important to share. So, I'm happy to admit I was wrong in my premature judgement of these posts.

So feel free to vent. I'll just sit here and watch from the sidelines...
For a second I thought that this thread was going up in smoke !

Search this Thread